BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transition from Texturizer to Perm

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transition from Texturizer to Perm
    Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 4:23pm
Hey ladies. I did a big chop last year around this time and now my hair has grown back. I am currently at neck length and I have applied about 2-3 texturizers thus far. Now, I am tired of this curly wavy look and my ends are still tigtly curled which causes breakage when I try to comb through my hair. I was hoping with my want my hair being straight I would have less breakage.I was interested in doing the Keratin treatment but I am not sure if it made sense do it because my hair is covered 100% of the time. Either I am wearing a lace front or half wig.

My question is...how do I transition from a texturizer to a relaxer? The last time I texturized my hair was about 3 weeks ago.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links

vkb247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vkb247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 8:01pm
There is no reason to transition. Most of texturizers are no lye or lye just like relaxers so in 3-5 weeks when you are ready to retouch just apply to the roots and then after a few minutes pull it all the way through the hair.
ChrANGist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrANGist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2010 at 9:06pm

Geez, don't tempt me. A relaxer sounds good about know. I flat ironed my hair for Easter. I had someone trim my ends. Texturizers are so iffy. Now that some of the curl has been cut from the ends my hair is weird. But everytime I think back to the breakage, shedding, scab on my scalp, the two different textures when you have new growth. I can't bring myself to do it. But after such a bad winter with my texturizer I am almost tempted to straighten.

Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by vkb247 vkb247 wrote:

There is no reason to transition. Most of texturizers are no lye or lye just like relaxers so in 3-5 weeks when you are ready to retouch just apply to the roots and then after a few minutes pull it all the way through the hair.

Girl according to Chris Rock (Good Hair) the chemicals are all the same. The only thing the name of the main ingredient used to straighten the hair is called something in texturizers.
Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by ChrANGist ChrANGist wrote:

Geez, don't tempt me. A relaxer sounds good about know. I flat ironed my hair for Easter. I had someone trim my ends. Texturizers are so iffy. Now that some of the curl has been cut from the ends my hair is weird. But everytime I think back to the breakage, shedding, scab on my scalp, the two different textures when you have new growth. I can't bring myself to do it. But after such a bad winter with my texturizer I am almost tempted to straighten.

Lol I always have to trim my ends too because when I straighten them they look crazy. I am not sure if this come from the hair being curled at the ends all the time or what. I am really leaning towards the keratin treatment now
thathair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:43am
I really want to put relaxer on my texturizer bra strap lenght hair.
The texturizer i used was DUKE. It's a lye texturizer.

What kind of relaxer should I use Lye or No Lye?

How long should I leave it in my hair?

Should i relax the new growth before the lenght?

Ladies give me all your advices.

Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists