Tracy Morgan in critical condition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

My nephew Shelton crawls up in the fetal positon at 35 years of age .

Hello IM, what does this mean?
We need a cure and more funding . No one should suffer at any age in 2014 .
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Hmmm well maybe it's that our parent's generation (those of us who are 25-30) weren't as informed but now testing is much more common for us.

Hopefully that means it'll be pretty much eradicated in the next generation. I can't imagine that people who have the trait would knowingly reproduce with each other.

This would make an interesting thread to see yalls opinion on the topic.

I have a friend that has it, and her little brother died from complications of it. If I'm not mistaken, her older sibling has it as well.

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 3:18pm
The best way to keep from passing it on to your children if you're a carrier to to have your partner tested. It's tough, but the only was tbh. And yes, sickle cell is painful. @ BWOM probably cus he's in so much pain. I cared so fo many young blacks in crisis. Such a sad thing.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 3:19pm

We need to ask more questions . Many doc's run HIV test on our people without your knowledge . I witness so many charts with test based on race in my op .  Most PT never ask any questions on a CBC . Ask to see the results on any test . I will ask a doctor in the ER if i know the test is run witout a PT knowledge  . Never sign anything until you read all the forms or ask the person with you if possible . I can't wait to retire . Money, money ,money seems to be the only thing hospitals care about today , unless you are lucky .

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I am so nervous for my son with the trait because I have been reading news stories about kids dying during sporting activities/excercising and they discovered that the deaths were actually related to the sickle cell trait that these kids carried. 

See people have been telling me my whole life that the trait doesn't affect anything healthwise. Turned out that was a lie.

Just found this page...might be helpful... www.wdconsctaawareness.org. It's a sickle cell trait awareness site.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Hmmm well maybe it's that our parent's generation (those of us who are 25-30) weren't as informed but now testing is much more common for us.

Hopefully that means it'll be pretty much eradicated in the next generation. I can't imagine that people who have the trait would knowingly reproduce with each other.

This would make an interesting thread to see yalls opinion on the topic.

I have a friend that has it, and her little brother died from complications of it. If I'm not mistaken, her older sibling has it as well.

Yeahhhh...this is one of those topics that I think I would need to stay out of. I have um...very strong opinions about that subject in general (knowingly passing on health issues...or having kids when you suffer from health issues).

But that would be interesting. In the case of sickle cell, I really don't think the testing was widespread enough for my parents generation to benefit. But even now, people lie about or hide or never talk about their STD status...so maybe this is the same.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 2:19am
I hope he makes it,
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:24pm
People in a coma can hear you !! Why do we fight in the hospital room ? Cry
No way the doctor would allow a room full of people in the ICU . 

Tracy Morgan's Mom

BLOCKED AT HOSPITAL

By His Fiancée

6/10/2014 11:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Tracy Morgan Mom HospitalTracy Morgan's estranged mother was turned away at the hospital when she first went to visit her critically injured son ... this according to the mother herself. 

Alicia Warden -- who has had a well-publicized, strained relationship with Morgan -- tells TMZ no one called her about her son ... she heard about it on TV.

She says she went to visit Tracy in the hospital on Saturday, but was turned away by hospital security and Tracy's fiancee, Megan Wollover.  Warden believes Tracy's fiancee has a thing against her.

Warden says she returned the next day and she was let in ... but Tracy was unconscious and she was only allowed to stay for 5 minutes -- never alone with him.  She says his friends and a pastor were in the room.

Warden says, "All I wanted was for our family to be alone with him. I wanted to pray over him and couldn’t do that because so many people were in the room."

Morgan said in a 2012 interview, he hadn't seen her in 11 years.

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I am so nervous for my son with the trait because I have been reading news stories about kids dying during sporting activities/excercising and they discovered that the deaths were actually related to the sickle cell trait that these kids carried. 
Just the trait? Or the actual disease?
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

People in a coma can hear you !! Why do we fight in the hospital room ? Cry
No way the doctor would allow a room full of people in the ICU . 

Tracy Morgan's Mom

BLOCKED AT HOSPITAL

By His Fiancée

6/10/2014 11:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Tracy Morgan Mom HospitalTracy Morgan's estranged mother was turned away at the hospital when she first went to visit her critically injured son ... this according to the mother herself. 

Alicia Warden -- who has had a well-publicized, strained relationship with Morgan -- tells TMZ no one called her about her son ... she heard about it on TV.

She says she went to visit Tracy in the hospital on Saturday, but was turned away by hospital security and Tracy's fiancee, Megan Wollover.  Warden believes Tracy's fiancee has a thing against her.

Warden says she returned the next day and she was let in ... but Tracy was unconscious and she was only allowed to stay for 5 minutes -- never alone with him.  She says his friends and a pastor were in the room.

Warden says, "All I wanted was for our family to be alone with him. I wanted to pray over him and couldn’t do that because so many people were in the room."

Morgan said in a 2012 interview, he hadn't seen her in 11 years.

whoaaa seriously...she was turned away? the fiance just need to stay out of this...this is still the mom';s  son no matter what has happened between them...

how many folks were in the room? 

I do pray he makes it....so sorry to read of his friend not making it...

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Jun 10 2014 at 9:44pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>