Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedTracks and Thin Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracks and Thin Hair
    Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 3:32pm
Hi Ladies,

I need some suggestions for my moms hair. She usually gets a sew-in but it's hard to keep her tracks covered because her hair is fine, and naturally thin. In the beginning its ok, but after a few weeks it's hard to cover up, and usually requires it to be re-done.

Do you all have any suggestions on what I can do or use to help cover the tracks? Possibly something that would allow her to still use her natural part?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 4:13pm
Have she tried skin wefts, a full weave with a bang or a curly weave with very little left out with a reverse track at the hairline?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 4:27pm
Hi Ricky, How long do skin wefts last? Are they hard to maintain? And where can I get Indian remi ones from? How do you install them?
kaysirra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 4:35pm
What about a thin braid with a micro thin weft?
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 5:11pm
My sister installed skin wefts with LG and she is one that has no problem redoing her hair every week to look her best.  So I don't know how long the install last.  The skin wefts are remy hair so they should last a long time.  She was able to leave out very little hair and it looks really good.

Angiedee has a lot of experience with skin wefts and I think Moria did a tutorial on them.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 5:45pm
Thanks Kay and Ricky, I will do my research.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 11:06pm
Do you ladies think the reverse method would work? I'm still not sure I understand what it is.

But what I am thinking is leaving a small bit of hair out in the horseshoe, and making the braids really tiny. Then use micro wefts, but sew them with the weave hair facing the leave out hair, instead of the weave hair facing out. Then i would comb the hair over? Would the hair lay flat? Will it look bulky?
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2006 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by MissLuxurious MissLuxurious wrote:

Hi Ricky, How long do skin wefts last? Are they hard to maintain? And where can I get Indian remi ones from? How do you install them?

Hi MsLuxSmile

Your description of your mom's hair sounds like someone describing mine! My hair is thin and fine and the problem I had with the sew-ins was not the tracks showing but slippage when I washed it. And if the braids were tighter I had breakageUnhappy

I have a skin weft install in my fotki. They are super flat, I put them on top of every install now if I can get some in the texture I'm putting in. I use pro-tac tape and Vapon instead of sewing them in though. I'm not sure if people use skin wefts for sew-ins.

The protac/Vapon combo will easily last 3-4 weeks even with reg.(every other day) washing.
I have to careful when removing the wefts because my hair is so fine. I use acetone to break the bond and then the topsol remover that is made for Vapon to get out the residue so I don't have breakage.

A closure piece on top might work too...
madison View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2006 at 12:49am

I think DivaVocals posted that EP is coming out with a new poly-weft that you can sew in, they are supposed to be like skin wefts.  Am I right Diva???

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2006 at 2:31am
Originally posted by madison madison wrote:

I think DivaVocals posted that EP is coming out with a new poly-weft that you can sew in, they are supposed to be like skin wefts.  Am I right Diva???

Poly wefts are their new thing.. VERY similar to skin wefts.. Not sure if they could be used in a swe-in application.. BUT Helene also showed me some lace wefts they are coming out with which could be bonded or sewn in.. HTH

MissLux what about using a closure?? There's a few options in Indian remy closures out there...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>