BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Track Placement for undetectable weave

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mgbw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgbw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track Placement for undetectable weave
    Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 4:16pm
Hey ladies,

I am curious if any of you have any tips on how to install a sew in where when you part the hair, you cannot see any tracks, just hair? Are the tracks just sewn super close together? I can't see completing an install with less than three bundles of hair this way (even though that is the minimum nowadays).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

BeautyAddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 1:22am

Leave more leaveout out so you have more parting room

keizz2hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keizz2hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 2:42am
Tracks sewn super close together
mgbw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgbw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 2:34pm
That's what I thought, but wouldn't that make your hair super thick?
LindseyJ88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LindseyJ88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 7:40pm
Guess it depends on how much leave-out you want/need. I watched a youtube vid on how to do a "spider weave", coined by stylist Jehan, but the girl who did the vid did say she was modifying the technique, but it does allow for versatility and parting just about anywhere along the front without seeing any tracks. 
The size of your head will determine the fullness with this method. You begin by sectioning off the perimeter/leave-out portion. Then you section the hair across the middle (ear to ear) to separate the front from the back. 
Then where you placed your leave out, you will braid a two corn rows as small as you can make them around the leave out section and the ends will be sewn down later in the install..
Next you will pick a side of the front to work on and begin braiding corn rows straight back. This is where it gets moderately tricky dependent upon how skilled you are at doing sew-ins.
Whichever you start on, the first braid that you did around the leave out will serve as the first "leg" of the "spider" hence why the method is referred to as the spider method. The next thing you do is section off a pic of hair maybe about a finger width apart (again dependent on how wide your finger is and how thick your hair is), the idea is to make sure that this section is large enough so that if parted down its middle, it would be enough to cover any tracking. 
After sectioning off this piece you will pin it back with something and then make another part. This part WILL be another cornrow or "leg"straight back, and again it should be as thin as possible. You will continue this until the both sides of the front are completed. 
My head is small so I completed the front with 6 braids on one side of my leave out and 4 on the other side. I have an off centered part for leave-out. My hair is moderately thick. 
But anyway the back section of your hair can be braided any way that you like. I braided my back in a circle, because I use a net to keep the braids flat and secure. I braided the ends of the front cornrows into the circle braid to create a flat base. 
To sew, I started from the back going up in a u-shaped pattern using a loop and hook sew method. Once I got to the lowest braid that connected to the front cornrows, I started cutting the tracks . ( thats the downside to doing it this way if you dont like to cut the tracks).
I doubled the tracks on each cornrow that was connected the front braid. 
I did this until I achieved the desired fullness.
Again I said I have a small head so I was able to achieve this look with just about 5.5-6 oz. I can do high ponytails, deep side parts, twists etc with this method.
Downside(s): in my opinion if you dont want to cut tracks this isnt the method for you
you have to maintain your natural hair so it wouldn't be ideal if you have completely different textures to blend as you would constantly be manipulating your tresses to create a flawless blend. =HIGH MAINTENANCE 
Upside: if you dont want to use alot of weave you could possibly save money on that end, 
   looks VERY natural if you dont mind the work involved
I will update this with pictures to let you know how mine looks...and I will find the vid link from  where I learned this method..its a long vid..just like this post is long..SRY but I hope this helps...
Other ideas would be to try sewing on a lace wig??? Or U-part since there is usually more hair more closely placed.. you could also try a net and just have someone sew the tracks REALLY close,but keep in mind you may get excess tangling ; 
goodluck in your search..again in my effort to be thorough, I went on long..sorry for the long post
beana3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beana3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:08pm
Lindsey thanks for such a detailed informative post!
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 10:49pm
Lindsey- you did a great job explaining this. I remember seeing this method on YT and thinking about the long process. The girl does a very thorough job. I would imagine that once you do this a few times, it is not nearly as arduous a process! Anyway, I thought I'd just post the vid for the OP and save Lindsey a step.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO-KBOBgFjE
DivaWhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaWhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 3:17pm
The one thing that isn't clear is whether the spider legs are connected to the tracks in the back of the head or are these sewn in individually? (e.g. Can the spider above the ear be connected to a track in the back of the head to form one long track?)  Hope the question is clear. Thank you! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply