j/k this is a salad thread spinoff from the water thread! Post recipies and dressing recs.- I swear once you start making your own dressing you will never go back to store bought!
- ¾ cup light mayo
- ¾ cup greek yogurt (I used fat-free.)
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice (about ½ a lime)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 small bunch (~1/3 cup, packed) cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds. Check consistency and blend an additional 30 seconds, if desired. Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge. Leftovers will keep 2-3 weeks.
Yield: ~1 ½ cups dressing
Edited by naturesgift - Feb 04 2014 at 7:10pm