Another blame the suburbs again
The real reason ford won:
1. Low voted turn out- Torontonians (Canadian in general) are apathetic and don't care about politics at all
2. All the Candidates were a bunch of idiots
3. Smitherman, Ford main opponent kept on flip flopping on the issues, while Ford was consistent.
4. The voting public is stupid and Ford kept his platform simple- Stop the gravy train and subways to Scarborough.
5. Torontonians (and Canadian) have short term memories and Smitherman screw ups were more recent than Fords.
Torontonians (and Canadian) don't give a damn about a politicians
personal life, so the public didn't see Fords screw ups as their
problem, however the public cares about how a politician spends their
money and Smitherman squandered away $1 billion in taxes payer's money