Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
nappyhead23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scab-like dandruff
    Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 10:16am
hello all! i have a lil prblem i notice that on my  scalp theres scab-like dandruff, when I scartch it off it peels like little scabs. i dont have a bad dandruff problem so i cant firgure what is causing this. does any else have this problem? 
Sponsored Links

mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 10:20am
No, but an ACV treatment will break that up...I use to get dry scalp, but not anymore, but never scab like.  HTH.
Patricia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 12:02pm
I've had dandruff all my life and sometimes I get scabs.  Head and shoulders on the scalp for 5-10min will help
caramellady85 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 12:20pm
I used to get that a lot... a good dandruff shampoo should clear it up

on a related note... i don't get dandruff when i wear my hair curly/natural.... could it be because i wet my hair/scalp daily to styleQuestion
Patricia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by caramellady85 caramellady85 wrote:

I used to get that a lot... a good dandruff shampoo should clear it up

on a related note... i don't get dandruff when i wear my hair curly/natural.... could it be because i wet my hair/scalp daily to styleQuestion

You right.  ME too!!
Ms Lala View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 5:33pm
Have u tried a new product?  I get this when my scalp doesn't like an ingredient in the product.  For example I don't put anything w/petroleum in it on my scalp or it's dandruff city. 
shtow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2007 at 8:47pm
sounds like  a scalp fungus. u can clear that up with an antibiotic from your doctor/dermatologist.   u can prevent a scalp fungus b washing your combs 2 times a week, not sharing combs and not SCRATCHING your hair.  The longer you wait,the worse it gets. After time, your scalp will start to bleed and your hair will thin/ break off. 
Drea1974 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2007 at 1:15am
Originally posted by shtow shtow wrote:

sounds like  a scalp fungus. u can clear that up with an antibiotic from your doctor/dermatologist.   u can prevent a scalp fungus b washing your combs 2 times a week, not sharing combs and not SCRATCHING your hair.  The longer you wait,the worse it gets. After time, your scalp will start to bleed and your hair will thin/ break off. 

That or psriosis of the scalp. My hubby has it and he NEVER combs his hair nor brushes it. He used dandruff poo after dandruff poo and it did not go away. Finally I had to do tea tree oil and deep conditioner treatments on his head to keep it at bay ( he is stubborn and needs to see a dermatologist but won't go). I part small sections, gently scrape the scalp with a seven inch styling comb to lift the flakes, and put my mixed tea tree oil and deep condish on the parts. When all the head is covered, I massage it in for 5 minutes and then we rinse it out. He then goes back to his dandruff poo and the problem is abated for about a month or two, and then we start again. This is done once a month. It really does work no matter what texture your hair is. But if it is caked so bad that all you see is dandruff scab then please see a dermatologist ASAP. HTH
Miss_Pepa256 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2007 at 5:25am
Originally posted by nappyhead23 nappyhead23 wrote:

hello all! i have a lil prblem i notice that on my  scalp theres scab-like dandruff, when I scartch it off it peels like little scabs. i dont have a bad dandruff problem so i cant firgure what is causing this. does any else have this problem? 

I was having the same exact problem last week. I couldn't figure out what was going on with my hair b/c I knew I was taking care of it and it couldn't be dry scalp b/c I stayed putting shea butter on the edges. I treid Neutrogena T/Gel and it really helped me out! A bit pricey, but the "flakes" or whatever they were did not come back.

Neutrogena%20T-Gel%20-%20Shampoo,%20Original%20-%2016%20fl%20oz

maat749 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2007 at 8:36pm
Periodically, I have that problem. I have tried every over the counter remedy and the only one that works for me is a combo of Nizoral and Selsun Blue. Nizoral is good by itself, so you might want to just start with that and see. Also, condition your hair afterwards because these types of shampoos can leave your hair a bit dry if you don't. Good Luck!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic