Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Virgin Natural will not look like Processed hair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedVirgin Natural will not look like Processed hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Virgin Natural will not look like Processed hair
    Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:21pm
***This is just for people unfamiliar and new to virgin hair.......

After seeing a lot the comments and complaints about being disappointed with the visual appearance of natural virgin hair, I feel obligated to convey this info.........

The majority of the time, virgin "raw" natural Indian Remy hair, WILL NOT look like the hair that you are used to buying. The ends will not be even and will most likely have split ends, you will not see the "extra" length you
have come to expect in packaged processed hair. You will not get two bundles that look the same unless it from the same person's head and chances are, it won't be.

Most of the time, your bundles will not be the same color or exact same texture. Do expect this.........

9 times out of 10, it's gonna look dry, keep in mind that before it left India, it was frumigated for lice/bugs. It comes to you for the most part unshampooed/unconditioned and dirty........

Understand this.

Until you wash and condition this hair, it usually looks like crap. Now, a lot of the AMERICAN vendors will go ahead and shampoo/condition this hair cuz of how crappy it looks when THEY get it from India........

This hair is real human hair so it will lightly tangle and behave like human hair does. It's all about products and I don't mean to offend anyone but if you are a tad lazy about hair care, already processed hair may be your best betWink

ALWAYS buy virgin hair 2 or 3 inch's longer than you normally would to allow for split ends. When you buy curly virgin hair allow for a good 4" longer. Also for other great info go to the Weave/Extensions 101 link located on page 1 ..........
Hope these tips help!Tongue

Sponsored Links

BlackEsq View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:23pm
Great post Carolee!!!Thumbs%20Up
ILUVHAIR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:26pm
carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:27pm
Thanks Ameisha, just trying to help with expectations and what virgin hair is and is not..............Smile
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:38pm
Great information. People should keep that in mind when getting anything made with virgin hair whether it is a wig or wefts. Also, different companies handle the virgin hair differently. Some companies try to match the textures within a weft or wig so that the textures are similar. Others just create wefts and such without this attention to detail. Buying virgin hair can be unpredictable but it can also be beautiful.
mrsv View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:41pm

Thanks Carolee, I was interested in the virgin hair on Wagmans, since its almost the same price as all the other hair now. My only regret is that ,I only wear my hair in 8inch, maybe 10 at the most. I received an order from Wagmans today. I love there product and customer service. I ordered before the price increase...that friday  before to be exact....My wallet was stolen,so I put a hold on my credit card. Needless to say my card was denied when they ran it. Patti called me and let me know that, they would still honor the original price of $120.00 per lb. I'm set for a whille...I would love some virgin hair.

carolee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 9:52pm
Jolieprincess thanks for that additional tidbit! You hit the nail right on the headWinkI really think it's important to be armed with this information cuz virgin hair is so different......

Mrsv, Sorry to hear about your wallet being stolen....what a headacheConfused
and that was really nice Patty will honor the old price. OK, you know the pix rule but if you don't, we LUV pictures!!!!! Where are your pix's???????LOLLOLLOLLOL
Hotlanta Peach View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 10:29pm
Carolee, many thanks for the info! I was going to purchase my virgin hair from halleyscurls tomorrow for my new do in October. Your info probably saved me the frustration of dealing with something like that. I wonder if the same will apply with their Natural Body Indian Remy...it's not as straight but i can flat iron it and set it...right?
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 10:47pm
 Well stated Carolee!Clap
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2007 at 11:05pm
Peach.. that hair is okay!!! NB is off the hook- the hair is pretty good and its not virgin, its a little processed.

Carolee, what do I have to do to the hair on a daily basis???
Is it really supper curly or just a little wavy?? I love the fact that one can flat iron it straight. I am getting this hair and relaxed straight next.
too excited.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic