Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedWhat happened to Queen Vashti?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to Queen Vashti?
    Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 11:03am
 Later when the anger of King Xerxes had subsided, he remembered Vashti and what she had done and what he had decreed about her.(Esther 2:1)

Once Queen Vashti had been replaced as Queen, where did she go?  Apparently King Xerxes loved her or he wouldn't have even rembered her after his rage had settled down.  This verse shows that he had regrets, but because of the law that said the kings words were irrevocable, he couldn't restore her to her position as his Queen. 

Let's have some fun:
I think she stayed around as a concubine and contitued a love affair with King Xerxes, if she was bold enough to defy his orders, I think she would be bold enough to pull this off.  Many people don't realize that concubines were just minor wives. When all of the girls, Esther included, were brough to the palace, they were chosen as concubines.  He picked the Queen out of the concubines.  So, I think that queen Vashti just stayed around. 
Sponsored Links

Divalitay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 11:18am

Now that you brought it I think that she stayed around and became a servant, not a concubine for that was still sort of a privilege.  I do not think the King would touch her again, but allow her the pleasure of the men in his courts. She lived to regret her decision and warn other young ladies to be submissive to their husbands.

Sunshine101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 1:54pm
19 "Therefore, if it pleases the king, let him issue a royal decree and let it be written in the laws of Persia and Media, which cannot be repealed, that Vashti is never again to enter the presence of King Xerxes. Also let the king give her royal position to someone else who is better than she.

From that I thought like Divalitay, she stayed around and regret the decision that she made.
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 2:53pm

You know, this story could fit so well in today's time.  Here King Xerxes is trying to show off his woman to his boys(you know how this could potential end up, with his boys wanting to try her too)  and little Queen Vashti is like,  No, I'm not coming out and playing myself like that.  Even though, I am thankful for Esther and what she did once she became Queen, I still feel like Xerxes had feelings for loosing out on the Queen that he had.   Just like  a man, to not know what he has until it's gone.  I feel confident though that if we could study the history of this time that Vashti showed up somewhere doing something important.

Psalm127v3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2007 at 11:24pm
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. There certainly is a lot to talk about with the Bible. I'd like to say something about the King you sre talking about. In the Bible, isn't his name King Ahasuerus?
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2007 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Psalm127v3 Psalm127v3 wrote:

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. There certainly is a lot to talk about with the Bible. I'd like to say something about the King you sre talking about. In the Bible, isn't his name King Ahasuerus?

Yes, it is the same King.  Depending on the translation used his name is spelled either way.
hipsterdryad View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2007 at 5:37pm
I don't know - I think maybe she got sent back to her home country (since queens and concubines were usually used in treaties between nations). That must have stunk - going back home, and not as queen.
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2007 at 6:51pm
If you think about it, she was the first woman to jump off the women's independence movement.  She disobeyed a direct order from her husband because she wasn't having it.  She was not going to be flaunted around in front of his boys just for kicks, as if she was a piece of property.  However, just like now, that independence comes at a huge price.
Psalm127v3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2007 at 10:38pm
Thank you Janoviab. The Book of Esther is very interesting I think. In fact, everything in the Bible teaches us great spiritual truths.

Edited by Psalm127v3 - Sep 23 2007 at 10:44pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic