Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ndavis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lye vs No Lye
    Posted: Jul 16 2007 at 11:20pm
Ok so I've been trying to search a round for some pros and cons of different relaxer systems. I was hopeing you ladies may be able to help me out. I did'nt even know they still made lye relaxeres until I joined this siteConfused .  I personally perfer to relax my self never really had any problem doing so but I see the vast majority seem to use either Mizani or Affirm.. my questions are:

1. Which do you pefer Lye or No Lye
2. Which relaxer(s)
3. Where do you pruchase your Lye relaxers (I know noly is easir to come by)
4. What are your before and after relaxer practices(i.e Porosity Control before)

I hope you ladies dont mind helping me out with this. TIA Big%20smileBig%20smile

Edited by ndavis - Jul 16 2007 at 11:22pm
Sponsored Links

sweetjade0327 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2007 at 12:27am
maybe you should try posting in the relaxer section,  but i have always used no lye relaxers. when i was younger i had one experience w/a lye relaxer that i got at a salon and i'm lucky i have hair now. LOL...it was so bad...my hair was falling out when my mom combed w/a wide tooth, burned sections...and a bald spot that only recently after some years has started to grow hair. after that, i stopped going to salons and do my own hair...i was around 10 or 11 at the time and i'm 25 now...thats just my take on it. i know some ladies on the relaxer section rave about lye relaxers and from pics their hair looks great, but it wasn't for me.
Blue Suede View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2007 at 6:12am
Originally posted by ndavis ndavis wrote:

Ok so I've been trying to search a round for some pros and cons of different relaxer systems. I was hopeing you ladies may be able to help me out. I did'nt even know they still made lye relaxeres until I joined this siteConfused .  I personally perfer to relax my self never really had any problem doing so but I see the vast majority seem to use either Mizani or Affirm.. my questions are:

1. Which do you pefer Lye or No Lye
2. Which relaxer(s)
3. Where do you pruchase your Lye relaxers (I know noly is easir to come by)
4. What are your before and after relaxer practices(i.e Porosity Control before)

I hope you ladies dont mind helping me out with this. TIA Big%20smileBig%20smile

1. I prefer Lye relaxers. No lye leaves my hair dry.
2. I now use ORS Lye
3. I couldnt find mine where I live so I had someone send it to me.
4. I used Porosity Control after neeurtralizing to balance the Ph in my hair. I based my scalp and used conditioner on my already relaxed ends.
monoogie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2007 at 10:01am
1. Which do you pefer Lye or No Lye:  Lye
2. Which relaxer(s)Affirm Fibreguard
3. Where do you pruchase your Lye relaxers (I know noly is easir to come by) I go to a professional salon
4. What are your before and after relaxer practices(i.e Porosity Control before) I wash my hair 3 - 5 days before and deep conditon.

I like affirm because it is a very protecting system. no lye makes my hair brittle and dry. after my affirm relaxer my hair still has body, it doesnt stick to my head because it is not bone straight. it also doesnt burn. the affirm system includes the product to protect relaxed ends from double processing and each step works together to bring the hair back to the right ph. the relaxer also has a built in treatment which makes my hair feel shiny and silky. i have never had a better relaxer, which is why i pay twice the price of a regular relaxer just to get it! i go to a professional salon because the stylist has to be trained and certified by avalon before they are allowed to use their products... some people use the relaxer and not the whole system, but this doesnt work for me, so i make sure i go somewhere reputable.
bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2007 at 10:21am
1. Which do you pefer Lye or No Lye: lye; i've tried no-lye quite a few times, and my hair liked it....my hair was straighter longer...but i've heard not so godd things about no-lye, so i'm back to lye now, besides i got tired of buying kits every relaxer..lol
2. Which relaxer(s):Motions mild
3. Where do you pruchase your Lye relaxers (I know noly is easir to come by): any BSS
4. What are your before and after relaxer practices: i normally alternate btwn protein and moisturizng deep conditioners for about 2 weeks b4 a relaxer. however, i do not wash close to relax days. After a relaxer, i wash w/ a neutralizing shampoo, then a roller set..after that, i just pin my hair up
beleza View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2007 at 12:11pm
1. Which do you pefer Lye or No Lye - lye

2. Which relaxer(s) - havent found one that i really like yet, since i only changed from no lye with my last relaxer. However with the last relaxer i used motions. was a bit underprocessed but i got silky hair never the less. If u r looking to be texlaxed then use motions. 

3. Where do you pruchase your Lye relaxers (I know noly is easir to come by) - BSS

4. What are your before and after relaxer practices(i.e Porosity Control before) - i will usually soak my hair with castor oil as a pre-poo the wash before the relaxer thats maybe 4 days before the relaxer, so that the newgroth is softer and easier to manage. I will also add egg to the castor oil for the extra strength for the relaxer. I dont comb or brush my hair at all for that 4 day period at all...to keep away from the scalp.
bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2007 at 1:02pm
not to hijack the thread, but beleza, i noticed that w/my last 2 relaxers w/motions....it used to make my hair really straight, now it's like it's not taking...i summed it up to stretching for so long, now i guess i have to switch...btw...ur hair is by far the prettiest i've seen!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic