Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MsSugarsmack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perming a Lacefront
    Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:13pm
I have a used wavy lf that was really full and tangled,  so we,  (my sis and I) washed it and flat ironed it.  Now it looks alright but is still really thick.  I would like to perm the hair.   Can anyone with experience in perming a lacefront tell me what product to use and how to perm this unit???  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!!!! 

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links

Aquafinaa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:29pm
perm as in relaxer?? If so, please don't do that. U will ruin ur unit. Try thinning it out. 
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:32pm
go to sally's and get a natural apple perm its not a professional strength since its already been processed it won't be harsh.. get the rod size you want, follow the directions in the box.. wash it first and rod while wet, then apply the perming lotion, cover with plastic cap.. rinse out after the required time, which you can reduce if your scurred..Wink but it should be fine, and apply 1/2 bottle of the neutralizer while its still rodded and leave on for that required time usually 5 mins.. and then unrod and apply the remaing half of the neutralizer, and let it set for about a min or the required time.. then rinse it out, DON'T WASH IT.. you can't wash it for 3 days after perming to allow the curl pattern to set in... PLEASE DON'T USE BLACK PERMS ON THIS HAIR, IT'S NOT BLACK HAIR..embrace your inner white gurl and get busy.. when i allow it to dry i sit it on a towel on the floor and gather the hair around the base of the wig head so when it dries it curls tightly.. you can use the silicon spray matrix generic brand of shine on it while wet so it dries with some shine and moisture..but don't wash it for 3 days..
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:35pm
here's a thread that has pictures of the curl pattern for the rods and another discussion on perming..

oh yea when you do wash it, then do the silicon mix and nuking so it will be soft and silky b/c it alittle bit hard after perming until that first wash.. but 3 days after perming or you'll loose the pattern..

Edited by sexibeach - Jun 28 2007 at 6:36pm
skyqueen737 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:40pm
Bookmarking
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:45pm
i'm also putting this in my sticky thread b/c this comes up so much it will be there for others to know what to do.. and also if you have a virgin unit, which i plan to do my own waves and curls in the future so that i know that i can get the wave's i want, i plan on ordering indian virgin and perming them myself.. at some BSS you can get a perm for white hair like the professional strength quantum perm, but you have to ask them if they have perms for white hair, and they usually do way back in a corner if its a large BSS store.. they will allow you to buy professional strength perms curly and straight for white hair if you ask without a license to do hair...in sally's they will not allow you to buy those professional strength unless you have a license, that's why the natural apple perm is the only one you can purchase without a license and its less harsh for re-perming a lf that's already been processed b4.. i have different sizes of rods, i don't like small rods, but the smaller the rod the more curly and kinky the perm.. the larger or medium sizes like the white or the pupple are medium, the pupple being the bigger of the two.. i have the orange but they are very large and you will definitely get a big water wave, barely curly at all..
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 6:49pm
MsSugarsmack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2007 at 7:28pm
Lady,  thank you so much for such a prompt response,  I had to print that off while I'm  at work to show my sis and girlfriends here in Seattle.  because we do want to perm/curl a unit.  But I actually  want to straightened this unit to make it softer and smoother, so that it wont appear so puffy or thick.  So now I know not to get a black hair perm,  so what white product would make the unit silkier,  smoother and less poofy,  with out thinning it out.  I will check back for suggestions,  gotta go,  girl........  it's time to get off and I'm still on this site............  I got it bad sisa,   ha ha  Doing it in Seattle.  smile
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2007 at 5:58pm
Is it possible to perm indian hair .. to make it more like black pples hair? ( I am usually in the weave section)
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by moremi moremi wrote:

Is it possible to perm indian hair .. to make it more like black pples hair? ( I am usually in the weave section)

YES indian takes chemicals better IMO than chinese, but chinese remy is closer to AA hair..
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic