Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AtlantaJJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: KellsTouch - Come in Here Please
    Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 11:28am
The way you have your hair colored in your avi is my favorite!!

I am trying to understand the two step lightening process.... 
I am confused by another thread were boxed hair color and the bleach were being mixed together. I always understood that the bleach is used to lighten the hair to the desired level of lightness and the color is added as a toner.

Other color experts here please feel free to chime in, and thank you in advance.

<<The two step process: 

1) use BW2 for the lift (is developer needed??)

2) use the desired color (tube or box) color for tone>>

This was a part of another thread but I want to make sure I have this straight and I'm sure it will help some of the other ladies here as well.
Some of us are having problems lightening our units due to the clothing dye or hair dye used to make it dark.   I know the ultimate answer is to purchase virgin units...In the meantime... 
Sponsored Links

LFdiva1913 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 11:30am
Perfection posted a really detailed thread on color. I'm not sure if you've seen it or not but she laid out all the steps and everything. I will try to find it for you.

Edited by LFdiva1913 - Jun 01 2007 at 11:37am
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 11:36am
I LOVE kellstouch's units, especially the colour! She's a colour genius!Clap Yes, please share!
AtlantaJJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 1:39pm
Thank you LFDiva, I didn't see that one but I will definately check it out :-) .

Kellstouch know she be doing Bey's hair too!! LOL I love that custom color look!!!

I'm stalkin the UPS man today...dag he is late!!!Confused 
kellstouch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 7:37pm
Hey!! Aww thanks, I appreciate it. Embarrassed I read Perfection's post too. I'll post the answer to her question for  the reasons for different developer volume's here. I know I should make one huge list of stuff you do to color, but I don't mind just following up on specific color questions so I do it piece by piece.
snackies View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 7:41pm
Thumbs%20Up

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 7:50pm
Yes, AtlantaJJ I did suggest mixing BW2 bleach packet into the Feria for a member to get a medium honey brown I think on her haircolor. Yes, usually you would lighten first, then add toner and volume developer (10) to acheive the color deposit you want. In Feria's color box only cause I trust it I know they are using volume developer and toner with softeners and moisturizing conditioner and a glistening color enhancer already in the kit. Now the units are stubborn to lift, they need the help of the bleach packet (BW2) to boost the lightening. I also know that you must acheive your color as QUICKLY as possibly to keep the moisture and strength in the hair. So for someone who has never colored before, using Feria's box in combination with BW2 by Revlon (its strong enough to pull the dye out of the hair in a small amount of time) is the easiest way to do it.  You cannot really foil the hair with this method you could separate chunks but you will end up with one solid color.

For the 2 step method, combining 30 volume (there's no need nor do I suggest using 40 volume for regular blonde or less lifting, it just tears into the hair) with Bw2 for 20-25 min. with lift the hair from dark brown to sunshine blonde. Then you can add whatever toner you choose in combination with one half 10 vol. for 20-25 more minutes. Now with this method you can streak, foil and add different layers of color or just color the tips. It requires more experience and you have to really watch your highlights to make sure you have added them all at once so they process to the same color.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 7:55pm
Okay one more thing...see level 4? A lot of ladies complain about having orange hair. That's level 4. This is the color natural hair looks like when stripped of its color.  Its perfect for adding a chocolate brown, honey brown, dark golden blonde, or a reddish auburn color. Don't let the orange color from your lightened hair discourage you! You must add toner and vol. 10 developer.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 8:07pm

Here's some coloring photos...in the color album there are several different colored units.....there are all open!

http://public.fotki.com/kellstouch/

aquariangirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 8:16pm
kellstouch=Clap
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic