Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Lick3Shots View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2008 at 8:12am
Originally posted by sunkisseyes2 sunkisseyes2 wrote:

Hi Monique84 . If u r looking for a Dominican (or Hispanic based) salon  in Washington, DC u would need to go to the Adam's Morgan area which is in upper NW. There r a ton of them there.

Yeah, and the prices are cheaper than the ones in Silver Spring. I've noticed that all the ones in Silver Spring have gone up to $40 (without any special treatments or conditioning), whereas I pay $40 at Visions with a conditioner (but I'm a student). Visions is my favorite, but I like Judith's across the street, too. New York Dominican Salon on Georgia Avenue is good, too.
Sponsored Links

nochi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2008 at 11:30am
lol
123kjack View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2008 at 6:54pm
Is there any Dominican salons in the DC,Maryland or VA area that do Brazilian knots/Dominican knots or Brazilian extension.

Edited by 123kjack - Aug 09 2008 at 8:52pm
DYMIN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 10:21am
am im doing something wrong................
i go to domincan salon every sat(panteen full and thick shampoo and cond with doo grow deep conditioner(sit under dryer10-15 min)
every day(sometimes twice a day) i mix wild growth oil and doo grow leave in conditioner on my scalp(not too much i love wild growth but after years it still stinks to me also spray hands with OLIVE oil spray (in the green bottle) and run hands through my ends.........I'm taking my flaxseed oil 100mg  l-cysterine and biotin 5000mg every day(one of each) and looking to add gnc horsetail(just gotta get my lazy but to the store)
last perm aug 3.....looking to stretch 5 months(looking to buy some wigs or start bunning)....when i start wearing these items im trying to co wash and baggy at least twice a week but since i have to work its kinda hard when u wear your hair down.....dont want to be a frizzled mess in a corporate setting........any advice ladies is very helpful.i just started looking at this site and im more than ready to start healthy haiR
LINDAVEE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2008 at 7:38pm
Today i took my lace wig off after wearing  for a year(head needed a break)I went to NORMAS off Jimmy Carter.I must say I have very curly hair and she did a great job getting it straight ,but she cut my hair like 3 or 4 inches it was to the middle of my back now its near my bra strap .Why do stylist say trim when they mean cut.I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!I WANT MY HAIR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2008 at 1:12pm
I went to my first dominican salon this past Saturday after being turned down by 1 that didn't do natural hair, turned down by 1 because she looked like she really didn't want to do my hair and said she was busy (there were only 2 people in there) the place i ended up going to charged me twice as much cause my hair was natural and I didn't care for the way they did my hair or the look of the blow out..actually they used a flat iron as well...i'm part dominican and must say I will continue to go to the sistas...i don't like how they used a blow dryer on my hair while it was still drippin wet. tsk tsk tsk
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 8:15am
I went to the Dominicans about 2 weeks ago and I loved how good my hair felt after they washed and DC'd it....The rollerset was lovely,but OMG THAT BLOWDRYER!!! It was HOT LIKE HELL. I thought my scalp was going to leap off my head! The worst part about it is that the language barrier made it hard to communicate how I was feeling. The stylist saw that I kept moving and was like oh,caliente???(which means hot.)I was like YES! But she continued.

However, when it was done my hair was so lovely. The total cost was $38.It lasted me a entire 2 weeks(but my roots kept curling up so I had to blow it out myself in certain areas).

Now, I opt tp do my own blowouts since I have no money for Dominican blowouts every 2 weeks. I got my own little round brush and a blowdryer. My hair comes out pretty decent IMO. I wont be going to them unless I really want to and feel its nescessary!Smile
clovercurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2008 at 11:15am
This was the exact reason why I stopped taking my daughter to get her hair done at the Dominican salon in our area. She has elbow-length natural hair & alot of it. The salon workers stated that she "needed a relaxer". Yeah right, I wasn't falling for the okey doke...there was no way I'd subject her to a burning damaged scalp...I don't even believe in 'kiddie relaxers' same ish. ...why in the world would they even attempt to do a blow out on her hair after they had her sitting with no plastic cap on for over 1/2 hour???Confused "It's best to keep her hair damp" I tried to explain this to them but they wouldn't listen. By the time they were finished doing her hair, they'd charge us extra & her hair did not have that sleek, newly done look...it looked trashy.
I invested in a FHI flat iron, my aunt (licensed hairstylist) gave me great tips on how to flat-iron, I incorporated hot oil treatments into my daughter's haircare, lots of deep conditioners, healthy diet (although she has a weakness for candy), etc. I won't ever step foot in another Dominican salon to get either of our hair done. It's a waste of money, for me.
This is only my opinion...if anyone else has great success frequenting these salons keep supporting them...I surely won't!
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2008 at 10:22am
^^^ITA that we shouldnt continue to support these salons for services we can easily do ourselves.Smile

All u need is a good blowdryer and a good flatiron! Thats it!
Dime View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2008 at 6:56pm
I loved my dominican salon in DC. Going there every other week made my hair healthier than its ever been. I did not have damaged hair until I stopped going and came to the desert. I used to get a shampoo, deep condition and rollerset. After that, they blew out my roots leaving my hair silky and bouncy. For those who don't know much about dominican salons, techniques, and products... go to: 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic