Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAQ: Relaxed/Hot Combed AA Hair Textures
    Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 12:54pm
It occurred to me that there should be a thread which explains the differences between the textures meant for AA straight styles..

This is not meant to persuade or dissuade anyone towards any particular brand.. It is simply meant to address some of the frequently asked questions that come up with regard to this topic.. So let me say this UP FRONT:

There are a LOT of great brands out there which are meant to resemble relaxed or hot combed AA hair.. Buy what suits your style/needs or budget!!!!

However I see these questions come up frequently on all of these threads. I've seen too many ladies who assume EPRT is the SAME as other Relaxed/Yaki brands. Because of the distinct difference between EPRT and other Relaxed/Yaki brands, EPRT is not for everyone. So I thought I would address them in a "gap analysis" of sorts..

I hope others find this comparison useful information... I will probably update my hair info site with this info (as soon as I can find some time to do it..LOLLOL)

EPRT

Other Brands of relaxed textured hair

Will the hair air dry straight?

No – The hair has a soft fluffiness to it very similar to most  relaxed natural AA hair types when washed and allowed to airdry. For the record even the EPRT "Silky" needs to be flat ironed and will not airdry straight.

If you are looking for hair that airdries straight, THIS IS NOT THE TEXTURE FOR YOU!!

Yes – Nearly all other brands of hair meant to match AA relaxed or hot combed hair textures will air dry to resemble freshly flat ironed relaxed hair (or freshly hot combed natural hair)

Will I have to flat iron my "leave out" hair to blend?

No -- MOST AA hair textures will blend with this hair without any flat ironing needed. However, if you wish to wear a sleek flat style, you will need to flat iron your own hair as well as this hair.

Yes. Since this hair texture resembles freshly flat ironed or hot combed AA hair, most women of color will have to flat iron their own hair in order for there to be no texture demarcation between their natural hair and this texture.

Will this hair "revert" when exposed to humidity and or water??

It depends on how the hair has been styled.. If you are wearing a sleek flat ironed style, exposure to extreme humidity and water will cause both your hair and this hair to “revert”.

No – The hair itself will not revert. However, your natural hair may be compromised (revert) when exposed to humidity and water. This exposure will create a visible demarcation between your natural hair and this texture when exposed to extreme humidity and water.

Does this hair require frequent flat ironing??

No – With a high quality flat iron set to the right temperature, this hair will straighten easily and will stay that way until your next wash. However, exposure to moisture, extreme humidity, sweating at night will cause reversion of flat ironed or hot combed styles. Under these conditions, touch up of the hair may be necessary to maintain the style, but there will be no blending issues as this hair and natural hair will both revert.

No – This hair texture is processed to retain the look of freshly flat ironed or hot combed AA hair. However, exposure to moisture, extreme humidity, sweating at night MAY cause reversion of your own flat ironed or hot combed natural hair. Under these conditions, touch ups of the natural "leave out" hair is necessary to keep the blending flawless.

Edited by DivaVocals - Jul 27 2007 at 10:12am
Sponsored Links

RoyaltyGirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 12:57pm
You are so right!!!Wink I wished I would have known about EP Relaxed Texture about 7 cheap wigs and 50 packs of BSS hairs ago!LOL

Only if we could everyone to see in the future that Silky hair is not cute when your roots are nappy!LOLLOLLOL
TexasPearl22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by RoyaltyGirl RoyaltyGirl wrote:

Silky hair is not cute when your roots are nappy!LOLLOLLOL

Repeat that one more time....LOLLOL
missT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by RoyaltyGirl RoyaltyGirl wrote:

You are so right!!!Wink I wished I would have known about EP Relaxed Texture about 7 cheap wigs and 50 packs of BSS hairs ago!LOL

Only if we could everyone to see in the future that Silky hair is not cute when your roots are nappy!LOLLOLLOL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
missT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 1:29pm
Thanks DivaV!!!!Smile
just_1_me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 1:32pm
thanks diva!!!!

Good info to have!!!Clap
shebastacey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 2:19pm
You bring it Diva!!!!!!!!!!!

I use to where Adorable's bone straight hair all the time. That stuff was slick as snot and as soon as the weather man predicted rain, my little hair would nap up and not match. I then tried relaxed straight and it was too thick (the individual strands) and did not look like my mushy little hair at all, even with my little hair flat-ironed.

I'm not talented when it comes to doing hair, so maintaining that straight hair was too difficult for me. I did try a kinky straight from Lugo's and that was okay, as my little hair kinked up with weave hair. But I very much prefer wavy or curly hair as I can get it and my little hair wet and still have it blend seamlessly.
Soulie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2007 at 4:06pm
I sure hope this is going to be made a sticky (hint, hint ADMINS)
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2007 at 11:58am
You're welcome ladies...
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2007 at 1:03pm
Thanks Diva for the comparison. I do have another question though. I would like to purchase some Bohyme Sahalian Smooth texture and it looks fluffy when washed as well. Does anyone have any comments on that in particular?

I did a search for it a while back but couldn't find anything about after it dries naturally.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic