Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Lets Talk Archives > Talk Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhmm... Hot Ghetto Mess on BET?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
WorkInProgress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: hmm... Hot Ghetto Mess on BET?
    Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 7:46pm

has anyone heard of this new BET reality show called Hot Ghetto Mess which is like America's funnies home videos. now im not sure it is affiliated with the website Hot Ghetto Mess but the point of the website is to say we need to do better. Well the BET show do the same? or will it be same old BET? Does anyone have anymore info?

thanks.

Sponsored Links

Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 7:54pm
There's a petition against the show. . . .

Stop "Hot Ghetto Mess" before it starts!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/stpghtto/petition.html

okay...people...the time has come for us to say NO!!!! why do we need another show displaying Black people in a negative light. Why do we need to see the worst of our people every rip? it amazes me that there are so many positive things people are doing, but there seems to only be a showcasing of all that is negative. NO MORE HOT GHETTO MESS, NO MORE Flavor of Love's, NO MORE I love New Yorks, how long must we continue the minstrel show? I am tired of watermelon eating dancing shucking and jiving idiots on television. Why can't we showcase the students that are working hard to get their degrees, single parents struggling to make sure that they make a way for their families, elderly people that are living and surviving on their own. People that have overcome something in life. Not people that are fallen into the stereotypes that are already being manifested in the world. It is 2007 and its time to move from what has worked before to what will work today. gone are the days of saying somebaody needs to do something....you are the only somebody that can effect the world in which YOU live!
Viacom/BET we are no longer going to sit patiently by and let you make Black people look like buffoons, it was not funny before, not funny today, but today we collectively say NO!

remember,
if not today then when, if not you, then who will take up the cause and lead your people out of bondage, both mental and physical?!?

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Edited by TiraGyrl - Feb 10 2007 at 7:55pm
hopeful View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 7:57pm

do only petitions really get noticed? i hope so in this case...

hennypenny View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 7:58pm
Yeah I read about it on another board, it is affilliated with the website. Wonder how much the site owner was paid? But there is already an online petition to stop it. It will be interesting to see how this is played out on tv, this is the last thing that BET should be putting out right now.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:00pm

Yeah, when I saw the title of this thread, I already didn't like it.  I agree with the petition.  I am sick and tired of these shows being allowed to air and then have people wonder why non-blacks think we are fools.  Hotghettomess.com is different because it's about education.  BET (which is no longer owned by black people, by the way) seems to be one of those cable stations that goes out of its way to show the world how ghetto we supposedly are.

I'm gonna sign the petition.

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:02pm
Once an idea gets into TV/movie execs hands, it rarely looks like the original idea.  I know they'll screw this up.
Desiree View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:04pm
Ha...I don't watch BET; haven't watched that poor excuse of a network in almost 3 years. I even had it blocked by my cable provider on purpose. Why support a network that doesn't improve our quality of life?

hennypenny View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:08pm
Check out this ad that was posted on Craigslist that was supposedly by a BET producer

I’m a producer for a new comedy television show airing on the BET network, “Hot Ghetto Mess.” The show is all about wild, sensational, and outrageous clips and culture in the black community with an angle on humor. We are currently licensing original footage and I am seeking footage of black lowriders and their vehicles. The more bling and crazy the better. I am also looking for the super ghetto stuff, like a dude with $10,000 spinners on a Yugo, & funny stuff: cars getting thrashed, super ghetto car girls, crashes, mishaps, etc all about black culture…
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:12pm
Did he use CULTURE in that ad?  Excuse ME?
tdenmil View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2007 at 8:19pm

A little off topic.  I thought hotghettomess.com was a joke or something.  I decided just now to type it in.   I almost fell out of this chair!!  WTH is this?  Is this website to show people how ghetto they are so thry can change or are the encouraging this mess to entertain people because I cannot see why, why, why??????????Shocked

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic