Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tip: Watermarking your weave pictures
    Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 1:32pm
I posted this on the lace front forum.. I thought I should re-post it here too: How to watermark pics easily!!!

Some of you have asked me about watermarking tools and some of you are using the uMark tool I suggested.. The free version of uMark is okay, but if you REALLY wanna protect your pics you need multiple watermarks that go across the ENTIRE picture. (Please see my fotki for examples of what I mean by multiple watermarks) uMark's free version cannot do this. The full version however supports this feature and it's ONLY $14.99. Most importantly both versions of uMark will process BATCHES of photos in short order.

uMark is available by clicking here:
Uconomix Technologies Private Limited Software

If you want to see what you can really do with uMark, checkout Mahogany814's fotki (I hope you don't mind me spotlighting you Mahogany!Embarrassed) Notice the MULTIPLE watermarks.. It took only 10-20 minutes to process ALL the pictures you see in the 9 albums in her fotki. uMark is FAST and easy to use, and it is CHEAP!!!

Yes you can use Paint or Gimp. However remember that you must edit each photo individually. This is a tedious and time consuming task for most of us very busy ladies. For example, my last fotki album contained over 20 images, and adding watermarks one at a time to each photo is NOT the move!!! IMO, you need to use a program that will allow you to process a BATCH of photos at once.

Photoshop is a great tool if you have LEGAL access to it. However unless you are familiar with the advanced features of Photoshop which allows you to edit batches of photos (AKA the "Actions" function) you will still find yourself editing 1 photo at a time in Photoshop. PLUS IMO Photoshop is a professional level photo and graphic editing program and IS NOT for the casual user.. (Too much money, & too many features for the "average" user) Phototshop is a HUGE complex program and even understanding the "basic" features of it takes a little more than a notion..

I KNOW some of you HATE the idea of HAVING to watermark your pictures, but fortunately or unfortunately it is what it is.. If you post your images on the internet, they are subject to being taken and used for purposes other than what you actually intended.. I could go into LONG technical details of ALL the ways to steal web content, and ALL the ways IP logging doesn't stop (or even identify) content/picture thieves, but that REALLY is a different discussion. The ONE SURE way to DISCOURAGE thieves from stealing your photos and PREVENT them from using them if they do is to WATERMARK your photos.. Like it or not that's just the way it is..
(Sorry!Unhappy)

Quote This is because people who want to use othersí images want an image that can be easily modified, so a watermarked image is useless for them because no software can remove the watermark!

The trick here is to cover the entire image with some markings so that people can still view the images but they can not modify them using any image editing software.

HTH

Edited by DivaVocals - Nov 30 2006 at 1:36pm
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 1:42pm
Puppyluv also suggested another fairly inexpensive easy to use batch watermarking program:

PhotoMark
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 4:11pm
thanks diva!  i'm getting that tonight.
mahogany814 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 7:39pm
Pls also see my pics cause my girl Diva is the "shisnic" (sp) when it comes to policing the fotki albums!  One luv sis! And thanks for all you help!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by mahogany814 mahogany814 wrote:

Pls also see my pics cause my girl Diva is the "shisnic" (sp) when it comes to policing the fotki albums!  One luv sis! And thanks for all you help!
Any time girl!!!Wink
Dimple2xs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2006 at 11:45pm
Thanks Diva for the info.  I am definately going to get this.  I had no idea how you all were watermarking your photos so I changed the password to my fotki after traffic in my thread died down because I didn't want some misc. internet nut seeing or using my photo.  The sight you posted will be very useful so that I don't have to worry about that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2006 at 10:45am
Yep... Glad you ladies found this useful..  I have none of my fotki's locked and I've got all my pictures watermarked like crazy.. I'm not worried that some internet nut will be "borrowing" my pictures..

Edited by DivaVocals - Dec 01 2006 at 10:45am
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 4:45pm
 Muchas Gracias!!!Wink
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2006 at 7:12pm
thanks DivaSmile
I'm downloading this immediately!!
Platinum Member