Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLG stuck in my head!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Chinadoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: LG stuck in my head!!
    Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 1:10pm

CryCryCryHey Ladies of the Board,

I am sooo upset about my first experience with LG and Outre Velvet Yaki Remi hair that  I had to take time to share my story. First, I am not going to blame it on the products but more so the user(myself) for this turning into a tramatic experience. Well it starts out like this...When I finally finish bonding all the hair I then notice that my natural hair is not blending in with the remi hair even after a perm and flat ironing. So I get soo frustrated that I end up pulling out the wefts with just conditioner to ease it some. And then I also notice that I can not get the left over LG residue out my hair.  So my natural hair is so hard and matted up with this suff that I just started to cry because I didn't know what to do. So Ladies Please Please tell me what I should do or use that will take out this LG residue that is still stuck in my hair. I really could use you guys advice.
Please help meCry
Sponsored Links

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 1:14pm
ACETONE.. Check this thread out..

ACETONE USED ON HAIR?

Edited by DivaVocals - Oct 27 2006 at 1:16pm
amandita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 1:20pm
oh wow chickie...what i would do is use the remover (if u dont have it i have tried mineral oil instead) and apply heat and it will come right out...dont rip it out!!!! your hair was just relaxed so it is fragile!!!! dont pull it and u will be fine...the key is to use heat when removing ...
Dimple2xs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 1:20pm

Chinadoll dry your tears and listen to DivaV.  She KNOWS weave and knows what she's talking about.  If DivaV says it, I'm usually buying it LOL.  Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but it will be okay. Hug

OrangePop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 1:30pm
I was wondering the same thing.  I have the LG/protac combo in my hair now and it's not budging.. It's been in for a week and I was thinking what to use when it's time to take out or re-apply.  I only have two tracks in wiht the LG/Protac combo at the parts for blending.

I heard there's some kind of orange oil that takes it all out.  I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and looked in the aisle where they keep all the orange oils and degreaser and stuff because I thought I had read that someone used something they got at the super market.  But I didn't see anything I felt comfortable putting in my hair.

So I dunno.  hairextensions101 has some kind of a remover so maybe I'll get that... I don't think regular conditioner can break down the Liquid Gold stuff. 

As far as getting your hair to blend with Remi.  Leave as little of your hair out as possible.  I use this stuff called Satin Creme Press and I coat it on my hair and then flat iron it with a really hot flat iron.  It kinda melts into my real hair and leaves it looking really shiny and satiny.  I'm natural too and it doesn't revert or anything. 

But back to your original question, I'm open for suggestions on how to remove LG/Protac also. 
Chinadoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 1:36pm
OHHHH Thank you Ladies for all the advice!!!! Smile I will try these methods when I get home, I think I will start with the veggie oil, since I already pulled out the tracks with just regular conditioner( my head is still hurtingLOL). You ladies are truly the best!!!  Thanks.
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by OrangePop OrangePop wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  I have the LG/protac combo in my hair now and it's not budging.. It's been in for a week and I was thinking what to use when it's time to take out or re-apply.  I only have two tracks in wiht the LG/Protac combo at the parts for blending.

I heard there's some kind of orange oil that takes it all out.  I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and looked in the aisle where they keep all the orange oils and degreaser and stuff because I thought I had read that someone used something they got at the super market.  But I didn't see anything I felt comfortable putting in my hair.

So I dunno.  hairextensions101 has some kind of a remover so maybe I'll get that... I don't think regular conditioner can break down the Liquid Gold stuff. 

As far as getting your hair to blend with Remi.  Leave as little of your hair out as possible.  I use this stuff called Satin Creme Press and I coat it on my hair and then flat iron it with a really hot flat iron.  It kinda melts into my real hair and leaves it looking really shiny and satiny.  I'm natural too and it doesn't revert or anything. 

But back to your original question, I'm open for suggestions on how to remove LG/Protac also. 

Its GOO GONE sweetie!!! Yup.  I know -- gum out of carpet and glue out of hair -- fusion glue, LG, vapon it has removed it all out of my head!!!
Plus the Acetone BURNT me cause I poured it on my head and it can't touch a scalp that has been relaxed cause it will burn.  . . . (Live n Learn)

But the GOO GONE is oily, orangey smellin and TOTALLY non toxic to MY skin.  Do a patch test and if no allergic reaction then I would use that it'll work.  Don't freak out -- JUST GO SLOW with trying to get it out. 

LET THE GOO GONE take time and work its magic. . .
essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 2:30pm
thus far the best removal process for me is...

-soak a cotton ball w/lg remover
-dab remover onto glue getting as much on the glued area as possible.  so u have to flip the track over to access the glue.
-apply a warm curling iron to the glued area for about 5 secs
-carefully remove track
-whatever glue is left on ur hair... apply more remover... a lil more heat
-use  SMALL toothed comb to gently comb out the remaining glue....

also if u know u arent gonna keep the tracks in that long (like less than 4 weeks) then u probably wanna go real light on the glue when u install...

essence View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 2:30pm
ps i havent tried the c-22 or the goo gone but i hear they work pretty good also..
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2006 at 2:56pm
C-22 works greatSmile
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic