Ultra

Author
LovelyLisa View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: LG Vs. Black latex glue
    Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 2:43pm
Hey ladies,

We have been doggin out the black latex glue so bad, but it has an upside compared to LG.

Latex glue is Black which helps alot.

Downside is it irritates the scalp, damages hair and you can't wash your hair.

I would like LG much better if it were a darker color and it did not get nasty lookin after you wash your hair.  Someone mention Rid dye, but what about the crazy lookin buggers after you washLOL

There must be room for improvement!
Sponsored Links

Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 2:48pm

I love vapon and the hold is wonderful but it can leave a white spot. Especially if some of the glue seeps out!  Guess I need to use less huh! But no buggers!Thumbs Up

Yes more expensive and yes you have to wait for it to dry a bit and then put on, but well worth it!

Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 3:05pm
To me it does...You have to let dry a bit and then put on.  Meaning you put on weft and let sit for a minute and then apply to hair.
engineer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 3:07pm
The LG beads and residue can be a pain - no matter how much I clean up I find little LG boogers weeks after a re-install...lol.
I may try the vapon
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 3:13pm
I have only kept hair in about 3 weeks at the most so I am not quite sure.  But I washed my hair every other day and the hold was superb.  I also used conditioner.
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:15pm
Jerzeegurl you can buy vapon no tape in manhattan in the wig shops on east 14th street and below way out between 2nd ave and 6th avenue.  There are a couple of wig shops all next to each other and at their counters they will sell the glue.  Usually in a glass case.  I can't remember the exact one i bought mine at, but they had it at the other stores next door and down the way from it cause I had to go from door to door price checking (Yeah i'm on a budget! LOL) 

Lovely Lisa:  on Sherries website the hairextensions.  They have a thread about coloring the Liquid Gold for darker hair so you don't get that dandruff flaky look on your scalp.  I believe they finally settled on adding some of the powder rit dye -- not the liquid cause that waters it down -- but the powder rit dye until it becomes dark enough to match your scalp tone and it doesn't change the hold of the LG at all. 

deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:36pm
Lisa Sherrie came up with the idea of putting a few drops of dark brown RIT dye in the LG so it matches our hair. I have been doing that the last few installs, girl all my LG is dark brown now!Big smile
sherrie215 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 4:45pm
I used the liquid rit dye. The first time I used it to color the LG I used more than necessary. I learned that I only needed about half of what I initially used. I used a syringe to add the rit to the bottle (use about 1/2 cc) use a toothpick or a skinny stick or pick of some kind, to stir the dye into the LG. Put the cap on and shake it up. Then let it sit awhile. The dye will work itself throughout the LG after its left to sit.
kishakish View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2006 at 6:09pm
boy i learn something new everyday
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2006 at 10:19am
Cool cause I have two bottles of LG left.  And Sherrie I do like your technique for lifting ends with LG.

Rit dye huh! Ima see if I can find some at Walgreens today.  I just don't like that look after you wash you hair.

Thanks Ladies... 
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic