Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oiling your scalp daily 2015 CHALLENGE!
    Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 11:08am
Back in 2012 I started a personal challenge of oiling my scalp and hair daily. I shared that experience and the benefits it reaped me, here on BHM. This is one of my most successful challenges.

So I invite those who are interested to challenge yourself to oil daily or at least more frequently. Joining a challenge, helps you to stay motivated,    and you certainly learn a lot, through sharing.

The main benefits you will receive from oiling your scalp daily are:
BETTER HAIR GROWTH
REDUCTION IN TANGLES
THE ELIMINATION OF SINGLE STRAND KNOTS

AND MORE

Because you are touching your scalp often you can be proactive against any scalp issues and hair loss. Your hair care should always be proactive. Because the sooner you notice an issue the more likely you will be able to correct that issue.

Who should join?

Those who do not oil their scalps daily.

All are welcome of course anyone can post.

But this would only be a  challenge  for those who do not normally oil their scalp daily.

I will post information about various oils, but you can use the oil of your choice.

EVEN GREASE!!! YES!!

Please refrain from bashing people who decide to use grease as their oil of choice.

Post pictures if you like.

Please motivate other, this is what challenges are for.

Please offer information in a positive way about the benefits of different oils.

This challenge is ongoing for 2015

Post progress reports anytime there is progress.

PLEASE do not make your post to long because folks will get tired of reading.

Make multiple posts if you need, or save some info for another day.

At the end of every 30 days we will share results/pictures, etc.

I RECOMMEND THREE MAIN OILS: PICK ONE TO START WITH
AVOCADO OIL
EVOO
CASTOR OIL

ALWAYS PURCHASE GOOD QUALITY OILS THAT ARE VIRGIN, UNREFINED OR COLD PRESSED

Welcome to the challenge!
You will get out of this challenge what you put in. HAPPY OILING!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Veemack - Mar 13 2015 at 11:09am
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 11:53am
One of the questions I have been asked about scalp oiling.

Does it cause buildup doing this daily?

Not normally, but it does depend on your cleansing regimen and the oils you choose to use.
I follow the CoilyQueens regimen and with this regimen cleansing is extremely important. So I shampoo every 4th day.  But if you are one who does not clean your hair regularly then yes the oil might build up.  I also do not get build up because the oil is measured out daily. I recommend starting with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of oil. Do not use those applicator bottles you see people use for your oil application. When you use those bottles usually you squeeze out to much.

Start with a tablespoon, put the oil in a bowl or flat clean surface. Do the finger dip method. Dip your fingers into the oil then apply to your scalp first. Use your fingers to move the oil over your scalp good. If you run out of oil then measure out a little more at a time. Once the scalp is covered with oil massage the scalp for 10 minutes. Then smooth the oil from the scalp up the hair shaft. You do not need more oil for this, just smooth the oil from the scalp to the tips of your strands.

Avocado oil and EVOO are both penetrating oils. Although avocado is a very rich fruit, the oil is light. These two oils do not easily cause build up.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 12:10pm
do you have the link to your first thread about it?
how many inches did your hair gained by oiling daily? how long did you oil your scalp?

eta: found it http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/oiling-your-scalp-daily-challenge-2012_topic337403_page1.html?KW=oil+scalp

Edited by sexyandfamous - Mar 13 2015 at 12:12pm
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 6:35pm
I like your coily queens website Veemack. 
Happy hair growing.
slimmacee23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimmacee23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 7:57pm
Edit: Was going to join but I already do this Confused

Edited by slimmacee23 - Mar 13 2015 at 7:58pm
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 8:10pm
I started with just doing it for 30 days, then continued to oil as a regular part of my hair care.
Oiling with the right combinations doubled and sometimes tripled my regular rate of growth.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2015 at 8:11pm
Thank you!!!
BLESSINGS!!!!!

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2015 at 2:47pm
LET'S TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT 3 OILS I CALL "INEXPENSIVE PENETRATORS"
EVOO
COCONUT OIL
AVOCADO OIL

These oils are easy to find, reasonable in price and they absorb deeper into the cuticle layer. There are other oils that penetrate but those oils are more expensive and harder to find. These 3 oils can be found in most grocery stores. When you purchase them be sure they are virgin, unrefined oils. So if you get them from the grocery store pay attention to what the bottle says.

Olive oil: This is just a all round great versatile oil. This oil is great to use on the hair strands and scalp. It is a great all round versatile oil to have in your hair kit. This oil strengthens and for some gives great sheen. Be sure to buy only extra virgin olive oil. This oil is pretty inexpensive, so opt for a brand that cost a little more, so that you get a better quality. Many makers of EVOO have come under fire for misleading the consumer on the quality of their EVOO. Do some research on reputable EVOO makers. BUY GOOD QUALITY! MORE ON EVOO IN LATER POSTS.

Coconut oil:  The anti oil, because it is anti fungal, antibacterial and anti-viral!!! It lubricates hair really well and it nourishes the scalp. Coconut oil contains: magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. If your hair is damaged it will strengthen your hair strands. This oil is great to use as a pre-conditioning treatment before you shampoo. It help cut down on the amount of breakage you have from manipulating your hair when you wash it. Coconut oil will also CLOG your hair follicles, so if you are one of those who only washes your hair every two weeks, then do not use coconut oil.

Avocado oil:  gives your hair incredible softness, sheen and strength. This oil is high in plant steroids and does well in healing a irritated unhealthy scalp. The avocado has the highest amount of protein than any other fruit. This oil is packed with vitamins: A. B, D, and Potassium. This is a super oil. Avocado cost more than the other two oil listed above, but a little goes a long way. If you have not tried pure avocado oil,you are missing a treat. You hair is sure to love it. THIS IS THE RECOMMENDED OIL FOR THE COILY QUEENS METHOD. MORE ON AVOCADO IN FUTURE POSTS.

-------------------------Stay Blessed-----------------------------------
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 11:50am
Today  I am starting my 7-day oil blend for oil therapy.

The blend consists of: avocado oil of course, Eucalyptus, EMU oil, plus 2 secret ingredients.

The avocado oil is for strength. It has more fatty acids than EVOO and out performs coconut oil.
Instead of clogging your follicles,  avocado oil helps to unclog hair follicles. This will keep your follicles in good clean growing condition. When massaged into the scalp the avocado oil increases hair growth. Avocado oil makes the hair stronger and protects it from pollutants. The plant sterols in the avocado oil gives the hair moisture.  ALWAYS BUY COLD PRESSED TO GET FULL BENEFITS

EMU OIL: Gives moisture and is great at increasing hair growth. It is known to reawaken dead follicles. Blocks DHT a hormone which women over 35 should be concerned about, google it for more info. EMU oil greatly resembles our natural sebum. This is the best oil for hair growth!

Eucalyptus: increases hair growth by stimulating more blood flow. It will revitalize dull hair. It improves hair texture. Makes your hair easy to manipulate without b
reakage.

VERY IMPORTANT:
TO REAP THE FULL BENEFITS OF THESE OILS YOU MUST APPLY THEM CONSISTENTLY AND FOLLOW A GOOD CLEANSING AND CONDITIONING REGIMEN.

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2015 at 11:17am
Coconut oil is a good oil and a very popular oil.
Not all coconut oil is created equal. If you get some really good coconut oil it will smell divine just like coconuts.

Did you know that coconut oil can clog your hair follicles?
Yes it can. So this oil is not a good choice if you are one who does not wash your hair weekly. So this is something to consider when you start oil therapy.

Besides that coconut oil has good properties. It is one of the inexpensive penetrators. Remember even if you only use it on your hair, it will still seep down into your scalp. So be sure to have a weekly shampoo schedule. Clogged follicles stunt hair growth.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic