Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Damon Dash Discusses Life, Apologises for Misogyny
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Damon Dash Discusses Life, Apologises for Misogyny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damon Dash Discusses Life, Apologises for Misogyny
    Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

But anywho it's sad that he says the realization came after he had daughters...that what changed him was becoming a father.

As if he doesn't have a mother, or a grandmother, or aunts, or sisters, or cousins or nieces, or platonic female friends or just a decent thought to be nice to women just because they are human beings.

I was thinking the same thing...

Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Dame been on one lately.

But anywho it's sad that he says the realization came after he had daughters...that what changed him was becoming a father.

As if he doesn't have a mother, or a grandmother, or aunts, or sisters, or cousins or nieces, or platonic female friends or just a decent thought to be nice to women just because they are human beings.

It sort of becomes an empty gesture to apologize only after you're old and have daughters. It tells the young cats not to care until they have little girls and pretty much reinforces the idea that having daughters is karmic punishment for men who treated women like sh*t when they were young. And that tends to lead to overprotective fathers with double standards that tolerate 'boys will be boys' behavior from their sons but act like wardens over their daughters, effectively treating her body as a prison.

I just wish the topic became more nuanced than the simplistic "I treated women like sh*t because I was a young boy (translation it's normal for a young boy) and treat them well now because I have a daughter. But it's the mantra we have so at least it's somewhere to start. And teaching your son to be better than you and teaching your daughter to expect better is at least a start.

I do appreciate Dame's honesty. He goes on to say he would be appalled if his son did some of the things he did, so he doesn't seem to be giving him a free pass to 'be young'. He understands that his son knows better so he should do better.

And just on some hip hop sh*t, I'm glad he talked about how shallow of a business model the Roc owned in their heyday. Not surprising but still cool to hear him admit.

yep

lets also remember dame was raised in the streets with no father figure

Edited by afrokock - Aug 30 2014 at 6:03am
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:02am
He can't afford Cristal to drink much less to pour on women now....
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:57am
^^ All of this. 
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:55am
Dame been on one lately.

It sort of becomes an empty gesture to apologize only after you're old and have daughters. It tells the young cats not to care until they have little girls and pretty much reinforces the idea that having daughters is karmic punishment for men who treated women like sh*t when they were young. And that tends to lead to overprotective fathers with double standards that tolerate 'boys will be boys' behavior from their sons but act like wardens over their daughters, effectively treating her body as a prison.

I just wish the topic became more nuanced than the simplistic "I treated women like sh*t because I was a young boy (translation it's normal for a young boy) and treat them well now because I have a daughter. But it's the mantra we have so at least it's somewhere to start. And teaching your son to be better than you and teaching your daughter to expect better is at least a start.

I do appreciate Dame's honesty. He goes on to say he would be appalled if his son did some of the things he did, so he doesn't seem to be giving him a free pass to 'be young'. He understands that his son knows better so he should do better.

And just on some hip hop sh*t, I'm glad he talked about how shallow of a business model the Roc owned in their heyday. Not surprising but still cool to hear him admit.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Aug 30 2014 at 6:01am
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:54am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

are people incapable of growth?^
Of course not. 20s to 40s is a huge jump in maturity; he was a dlck, so hopefully he has changed, however, we've heard the "I have a daughter now..blah blah blah" thing before. Rappers tend to "change" only when they lose money. It gets old. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Aug 30 2014 at 6:04am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:49am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

="I'm broke now so I gotta humble myself"
yep and that i got no money to pour on women randomly

though he is asset rich and not liquid rich
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:48am
are people incapable of growth?^
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:44am
......so after putting out negative and misogynistic imagery with in a sub culture that has influenced many young black men and women......you have turned over a "new leaf" because you now are broke have a daughter. Okay.
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:41am
="I'm broke now so I gotta humble myself"
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style