Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Little Boy Goes Off On His Mom For Getting Pregnan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Little Boy Goes Off On His Mom For Getting Pregnan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Little Boy Goes Off On His Mom For Getting Pregnan
    Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 12:55pm
I thought everyone knew who welfare was originally created for. Sociology 101
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 11:42am
So even UK/Islander citizens know about Ronny Reagan and his racist policies to paint Black women as lazy welfare queens but supposedly educated Black people here in the US don't know? Tragic.LOL

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Oh brother, the lady has two kids

How does hood rat, 7/8 kids and welfare come in?

Our population is dwindling, I'm pretty sure that stereotype of black women with 10 kids is a myth

I don't get how a black person can have such low opinions about black people ... consistently

it sure is...one created by ronald reagan & co...to demonise poor black women and to create a divide and conquer mentality (amongst other races and most worryingly other blacks)
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 2:37am
I would hope that one would see, acknowledge and internalize the ample evidence for a more positive perspective on their own people

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 2:33am
I'm sure there are some black women with 10+ kids but in no way is it the norm to the point that there's any basis for a stereotype... thanks for the receipts Cherry!!!!

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 2:27am
that was real cute
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 2:22am
i knew a lady back in the day on myspace that had 10 kids.
scared me. tbh. 
but she was married. no welfare from what i know.
still 10 kids. Shocked
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 2:17am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Oh brother, the lady has two kids

How does hood rat, 7/8 kids and welfare come in?

Our population is dwindling, I'm pretty sure that stereotype of black women with 10 kids is a myth

I don't get how a black person can have such low opinions about black people ... consistently

it sure is...one created by ronald reagan & co...to demonise poor black women and to create a divide and conquer mentality (amongst other races and most worryingly other blacks)

4. The Welfare Queen: Again, this is a not-so-subtle racial card played repeatedly to convince poor whites who receive government assistance to vote against their own best interests. It paints a stereotypical image of a single, black woman with multiple children, an iPhone, and an EBT card loading up the back of an Escalade with fancy cuts of meat and cases of soda – allegedly purchased on your hard-earned tax dollars. The fact is that when you break down welfare statistics, the number of whites versus blacks who receive public assistance is almost equal: The margin between Caucasians and African-Americans who are on welfare is extremely narrow — 38.8 percent of Caucasians, and 39.8 percent of African-Americans are on welfare. (Source) - See more at: http://www.forwardprogressives.com/6-myths-welfare-recipients-debunked/#sthash.Xg8k56p7.dpuf

It wasn’t until I read an article from theroot.com that I realized there is one huge misconception about the “Welfare Queen” so many people criticize and debate over: white Americans get the majority of tax-funded government assistance. There are 46 million Americans living in poverty in the United States: the US Census shows that 31 million are white while 10 million are black. Furthermore, there are 49 million Americans without health insurance coverage; 37 million are white and 8 million are black.

One of the most talked about government aid programs is TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). This program gives aid to single mothers – a target group of “Welfare Queens”. It cannot be forgotten however that Medicare and Social Security are both tax-funded, social welfare services from which 70% of white Americans benefit from. Another well-known program is SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), or more commonly known as food stamps. In 2009, the New York Times actually released multiple articles proving that poor whites “across Appalachia and the Mississippi Delta and through the Midwest, Deep South and Texas borderlands” actually relied the most of all races on food stamps. They reported that of the 36 million Americans who rely on food stamps, over 24 million of them were white, 8 million were African American and 6 million were Hispanic.

Some groups claim that these poor whites, especially the children, are forgotten or looked over. Many people hear the word poverty and automatically think of urban, black people in single-family homes. However, these white children and adults are actually in an even more vulnerable position due to politicians. Republican candidates understand that race issues can be used to gain white votes. If there is an “us”, “them” complex, audiences are more likely to latch on and enjoy the ride that benefits them, or the “us”. However, if poor whites are voting conservatively Republican, (I can feel the eyes boring into me now), they may be hurting themselves by rejecting the fact they may need some of the assistance Democrats are pushing for.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Sep 14 2014 at 2:50am
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 2:05am
lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 1:59am
her HUSBAND is in Afghanistan for goodness sake

I mean really
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2014 at 1:55am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

some of the trife hoodrats that keep having 7 and 8 kids on welfare chillren need to speak out 

sigh...wtf does this have to do with this thread md? you soured the mood with this weirdly bitter (and most importantly inaccurate/untrue) comment tbh

Edited by CherryBlossom - Sep 14 2014 at 2:39am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic