Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Breaking, uneven hair! HELP PLEASE!

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
politetalisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politetalisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breaking, uneven hair! HELP PLEASE!
    Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 3:26pm
Try mane choice vitamins.... they helped my hair tremendously!!!
Sponsored Links

Nhoward94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nhoward94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 3:46pm
Thank you all!
I will try all your good advice!
eva92watson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eva92watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2014 at 5:52am
OMG! It seems you are doing too much to save your tresses. What I will suggest is include a regular head massage in your schedule at least twice a day. Massaging your scalp will improve the blood circulation and boost your hair growth. Also, you can opt for laser hair therapy. It can do wonders in giving you a healthy head of hair.

oliviamartin1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliviamartin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:34pm
Breaking hair seems to be a common problem. Despite the oiling and the supplements, they still break. I too would recommend olive oil mixed with egg and conditioner for dry and weak hair. Yes it smells (bad) but it is better than applying harsh chemical on the scalp. My HD says that to get rid of split ends, trimming is a must. And avoid hair dyes if possible; they might say “ammonia free,” but they still damage the hair. And yes, strengtheners are too harsh on the hair. I suffered for two long years with their side effect.

precision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote precision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 1:23am
1. Olive oil and egg would both do the trick too. This isn't just a joke to get you to do something stupid, it actually works REALLY good.
2. You could cut a good four inches off of your hair to get rid of all the split ends.
3. Lay off hair dye for at least 3 months. Continue to nourish your hair with leave in conditioners and try to stay away from straighteners for at least a month.
4. when in the shower, leave the conditioner on from almost the time you get in until you're ready to get out. The longer you leave it on, the more time it has to soak in and nourish your hair.

Annahir F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annahir F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 6:50pm
Just some suggestions

1. You may get relaxers too often for your hair. It could be ruining all your healthy hair practices and setting you back. Google stretching relaxers.

2. Shea butter does not work for everyone, it causes my hair to feel like straw. Also the other ingredients in that Palmer's product could be counterproductive

3. Stop cutting. Unless it's that serious to you, you're hair doesn't need to be the same length all around

4. I recommended Eden Bodyworks products. Specifically, The coconut Shea co wash, leave in, pudding souffle, and the jojoba monoi deep conditioner and hair oil.

5. Steaming your hair, doesn't matter if it's a hair steamer or not those are expensive anyway I just use my handheld fabric one that was like $17

6. Oiling/greasing your scalp, I either use castor oil or Oyin handmade's burnt sugar pomade which has a main ingredient of castor oil and it's basically grease without petroleum & mineral oil both of which can clog your pores.

Good luck on getting your healthy hair back
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 6:12pm
Wish I could offer you a solution.
You seem to be doing everything to maintain healthy hair, but have you gone back to doing the Protein and Moisturizing that helped you in the past to get your hair on track ?
You seem to be moisturizing a lot. Over moisturizing can also be harmful. I have been doing that also.

Good Luck
Nhoward94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nhoward94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 4:55pm
Cry

Hello all! I am in DESPERATE need of some hair help. I used to have pretty healthy hair, but around 4 years ago, it started taking a turn for the worse. It started to get back on track after I began alternating between moisturizing treatments and protein treatments, but it was hard to keep that up after I went to college. NOW IT'S A MESS.

My hair in the middle back of my head keeps breaking off and I have no idea why. As a result, I have had to get a sort of a-line haircut. The back is pretty short (nape of my neck) and the front is probably collarbone length (maybe a little shorter). I want all my hair to be the SAME LENGTH but I can't get myself to cut the front. Ermm 
I got the hair cut because I thought that maybe I could start over and try and re-grow the back, but it just KEEPS BREAKING and won't get any longer. Here is why I'm so confused:

1) I moisturize and seal daily. I use Palmer's olive oil moisturizing lotion and I checked the ingredients. The first ingredient is water and the second is shea butter so I'm not sure why this isn't helping my dry hair.
1.5) I sleep on a satin pillowcase and cross wrap my hair at night.

2) I recently started sealing with jojoba oil and I'm really liking it because it's super lightweight. (But my hair is still breaking)

3) I work out 4 days a week and so at first, my hairdresser and I thought that maybe the sweat was damaging my hair and making it super dry because I wear my hair in a bun when I work out so maybe the sweat was getting trapped on the back of my hair.
SO
I started wetting the back (and since it's short, the back gets drenched with sweatDead)  with water and my scalp and ends with water just to get the sweat off. Then I'll either just let it dry or pin my hair up (which I thought was a protective style) and then before I go to bed, I'll moisturize and seal.

4) I'm taking fish oil vitamins and women's care vitamins (which is supposed to help hair and skin) and I'll take biotin once a week.

5) I wash my hair once a week with Moisturizing Ovation Cell Therapy shampoo. Sometimes, I'll leave some hot olive oil on my hair for a couple of hours before rinsing it out. After I rinse it out, I'll put a mixture of my hair moisturizer, Wen fig conditioner, and jojoba oil on my hair and let it air dry.

6) I only straighten my hair once a week on a low setting but all summer, I have not straightened my hair!! 

7) I get a relaxer every 8-10 weeks.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong!! My hair will NOT stay moisturized and especially in the back it feels crunchy and dry and brittle. It will literally break to the touch. The front is breaking a little  bit more than usual, too. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. At this point, I don't even have a length goal I JUST WANT TO GROW THE BACK OUT AND HAVE HEALTHY HAIR.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!Hug
Thanks in advance (:
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon