BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 767>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 20 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18-year old black man killed by police in MO
    Posted: 14 hours 54 minutes ago at 11:06am

Lost In the Margins (1/26/16): There’s something foul happening in Florida right now (what’s new). Multiple prisons and “treatment facilities” are currently under federal investigation for abuse and negligence. One of key stories driving calls for further scrutiny is that of Darren Rainey. “A 50-year-old mentally ill inmate at the Dade Correctional Institution, Rainey was pulled into the locked shower by prison guards as punishment after defecating in his cell and refusing to clean it up, said the fellow inmate, who worked as an orderly. He was left there unattended for more than an hour as the narrow chamber filled with steam and water. When guards finally checked on prisoner 060954, he was on his back and dead. His skin was so burned that it had shriveled from his body, a condition referred to as slippage, according to a medical document involving the death.” Adding insult to basic intelligence, the medical examiner in the case (who took nearly three years to finalize his findings) is now ruling the death accidental. They also claimed that there were no visible burns, despite multiple reports (including the one that the correctional officers in charge filed) to the contrary. This is shaping up to be a cover-up of massive proportions, and sadly, it is all too common of the experience those suffering from mental illness face in the criminal “justice” system. Darren Rainey’s story has gotten very little press outside of Florida. Please help uplift his life and story. He deserved so much better than this. Rest in Power. #staywoke #farfromover

Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 6:01pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 3:12pm
Things I Shouldn’t Have To Think As A POC

1.) It’s cold outside, but should I even put my hood up cuz someone may think I’m a thug?

2.) Okay, a cop is right there…do I just turn around or act like how I was?

3.) *getting pulled over* I really hope they don’t shoot me

4.  Don’t make eye contact with anyone. You don’t want them thinking you’re threatening them right? 

5.) Don’t put your hands in your pocket. Someone may think you have a weapon.

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:39pm

#StandWithPerry #Racism #PoliceAbuse

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:37pm

Black Lives Matter activist MarShawn McCarrel commits suicide at Ohio Statehouse
A Black Lives Matter activist killed himself on the steps of the Ohio Statehouse, authorities said.

MarShawn McCarrel, 23, shot himself in front of the Columbus building Monday evening, Lt. Craig Cvetan of the State Highway Patrol told the Columbus Dispatch.

“My demons won today. I’m sorry,” the activist, who recently attended the NAACP Image Awards, posted on his Facebook page about 3 p.m., just hours before his body was found near the Statehouse.

His last tweet read: “Let the record show that I pissed on the state house before I left.”

Not suicide. Murder. Capitalism, police terror and white supremacy are killing the youth in so many ways.

Rest In Power, MarShawn McCarrel

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:14pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:10pm

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Police say the black teenager who was shot and killed by an Austin police officer on Monday morning was unarmed. David Joseph, 17, was shot by Officer Geoffrey Freeman, in the 1200 block of Natures Bend. 

The dash camera footage will be a key piece of evidence in the case, which was reviewed by Manley at the scene. When asked if other options were used to subdue Joseph and how much time before he was shot, Manley said the dash cameras shows “it was a matter of seconds between when the officer commanded him to stop and when the shots were fired.” At this time they are not releasing how many shots were fired, but neighbors told KXAN they heard multiple gunshots.

The Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas released a statement regarding Officer Freeman: “Officer Freeman is a member of CLEAT and we are representing him throughout the legal and administrative process. He has not been charged with anything. We encourage the community, while grieving, to have patience and allow the process to go forward until all of the facts are known.”

So police will kill you even when you are naked and unarmed??? But us civilians aint supposed to be scared of or distrust the police? Okay. This time it was not a white cop. My point the title Cop is the issue.. The person with the Gun and Badge… The person who has taken a sworn oath to Protect And Serve not Kill And Get Acquitted is abusing their power! Again I ask did David Joseph have to die? #Hate it!

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:08pm

Beyoncé’s dancers call for justice for Mario Woods at the Super Bowl

During Sunday’s event, Beyoncé’s backup dancers held a sign which read “Justice for Mario Woods,” a 26-year-old African-American who was fatally shot by police in San Francisco on Dec. 2, 2015. Woods’ killing has sparked outrage in the Bay Area, especially after footage of the extreme brutality surfaced.

Update: This is Ronnisha Johnson and Rheema Calloway, they’re organizers with Black Lives Matter and SF group the Last 3 Percent, and they’re the ones who helped get Mario Woods’ name into the hands of Beyonce’s dancers.

Calloway and Johnson scored tickets to the Super Bowl’s halftime performance. They would be in the building and on the field, near some pretty powerful people — and so they devised a plan.

But black women never do anything for black men tho. *eye roll*

And this is the same community that doesn’t give a about black women and girls yet these sistas out here protecting the very community that spits on us.

This is why I felt uncomfortable by that. I felt it was a little disenchanting to see black women supporting and protecting another cis black man and yet, we hardly see black men OR women go as hard for black women as we do for black men. I was like, “Cool, we have black women with afros as black panthers. Hot. Oh, wait.” But again, it was the BLM movement that notified them to speak on it, so reading that eased me a little bit. We need to be more mainstream about black women and other black people as well tho. This is a start.

^ALL OF THIS! I can’t lie, I get a little irritated when I see pictures of black women the black community often berates or leaves on the black burner protesting and fighting for cis black men, or the whole community period. I mean it’s cool and everything, but as a black woman I grit a bare when I come across it because I’m like “What about black women, what about lgbt black people”. I’m sick of this trickle down liberation black women openly accept.

I wish the same type of support was lent to lgbt black people and black women. But the BLM is all about cis black men. Current pro-black movements resemble the one’s back in the day that are very male centered.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:07pm

Chicago police officer is suing the family of the unarmed teen he killed

Officer Robert Rialmo responded to a series of domestic disturbance calls the morning of Dec. 26 at the home of father and son Antonio and Quintonio LeGrier. Quintonio LeGrier, 19, had called the police three times saying someone was threatening his life. After ignoring the first two calls because Quintonio LeGrier would not give more details, dispatchers sent Rialmo on a “well-being check.” When Rialmo arrived at the home, Quintonio LeGrier allegedly came outside with a baseball bat. Rialmo shot the teen six times — twice in the back. Why Rialmo is now suing LeGrier’s family.

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2016 at 2:06pm

Yet another naked black man was killed by police

A black teenager was shot and killed Monday morning by police in Austin, Texas, after he allegedly “charged at an officer” in the middle of a suburban street, local television station KTBC reports. The 18-year-old has not yet been publicly identified, nor have police stated whether he was armed. All of the harrowing details we know at the moment.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 767>
  Share Topic