Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Keke Palmer, First Black Cinderella on Broadway
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Keke Palmer, First Black Cinderella on Broadway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keke Palmer, First Black Cinderella on Broadway
    Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 6:01pm
is this a Musical? can Nene sing? I want to go see this ~ now if they could only remake the WIZ i would be overjoyed

Edited by naturesgift - Sep 05 2014 at 6:01pm
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 5:16pm
She'd make a good wicked stepmom. 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 5:12pm
http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/09/05/real-housewife-real-wicked-nene-leakes-make-broadway-debut-cinderella/

From Real Housewife to Real Wicked: NeNe Leakes to Make Broadway Debut in ‘Cinderella’

NeNe Leakes Broadway Debut

Photo by Isaac Brekken/Getty Images for Cirque du Soleil

NeNe Leakes just signed on to play wicked stepmother Madame in the Broadway adaptation of Cinderella in November.

While it has been confirmed Leakes and the rest of The Real Housewives of Atlanta cast will be returning for the Bravo TV show’s seventh season, Leakes will have to take a short break from her time in front of the reality-show cameras.

On Nov. 25, Leakes will step in to take the wicked role from former The View co-host Sherri Shepherd who will start out playing Madame on Sept. 9.

The Broadway run will conclude in January 2015.

Taking on an acting role will be nothing new for the dramatic reality star.

Leakes has already had a guest role on the Fox show Glee as well as joined the NBC show The New Normal for the 2012-13 TV season.

Other TV appearances for Leakes include the NBC reality show competition Celebrity Apprenticein 2011 and Dancing with the Stars on ABC earlier this year.

More recently, she also hosted a Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas in June.

NeNe Leakes to play evil stepmother in Cinderella

Credit: Trae Patton/ NBC

With a resume like that, the production team behind the Broadway show is sure that Leakes will be able to hold her own on the stage alongside actress KeKe Palmer.

Palmer is making history as the first African-American woman to play Cinderella on Broadway.

“I feel like the reason I’m able to do this is definitely because Brandy did it on TV,” Palmer told The Associated Press when she received the major role. “In me doing this, it shows everybody that everything is possible … Every girl’s dream is that story, so to be able to play [Cinderella] is going to be a dream come true for me. Not to mention that Stuart Weitzman made the glass slippers I’ll be wearing.”

The show will be directed by Mark Brokaw and, according to Broadway.com, this won’t be your average Cinderella story.

“This Cinderella features a completely re-imaged book by (playwright) Douglas Carter Beane and additional Rodgers and Hammerstein songs originally composed for other musicals,”Broadway.com reports.

No reports have been able to confirm why Shepherd has decided not to perform for the entire show run.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 4:07pm
Well not all mixed race people are like this... for so long there was no choice in the matter I am not sure there is now?
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 3:27pm
imageshe is one of the reasons i don't claim mixed race to be black....they would only use it as a convenience when they are picked on as i said before
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:06am
The worst part is Not about fairy-tales but about the real life fairly tales they have been telling lies about World history for all these years. And now Europeans really think they created civilization and everything under the SUN- OUTRAGEOUS
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:04am
I hope this has a very successful run.  Kudos to KeKe and Sheri.

This made me LOL so funny:

Straight from the tomb of King Tutankhamun Wow, look at all the white people! ..said no one ever #BoycottExodusMovie pic.twitter.com/rhxK9k6tl0

— Groom Dagne (@GroomDagne) July 30, 2014

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:02am
Cant wait to see Keke on Masters of Sex.Big smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:59am
You know what this society is so amazingly ridiculous, I think some white people out there really are living in some sort of Warp (they spend all day ignoring the obvious) we are forced to acknowledge them but its like "wait there are BLACK people in this country/world when did y'all get here?" Also what irrks me is on-line I think these are sometimes NON-white people like who also make comments like this-
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:46am

lilacblossoms:

thechanelmuse:

So, I was in the middle of searching for how long Keke Palmer will be on Broadway as Cinderella. Gotta get my ticket. I scrolled down and saw this first comment: 

The reach with this one disneyfied ass tale. They, however, have no problem whitewashing different races and ethnicities and see our disdain as sensitive and “reverse racist.” Case in point: Exodus - God and Kings, the new British-American biblical movie set in Egypt, that has caused uproar and boycotts: 

Apparently these are acceptable…

Lemme not go over the post limit. This is just a handful that scratch the surface. 

wROOOONNNNNG

wrrrrroooooonnnnnnnggggg

that asshole commenter was WRONG!!!!

Cinderella is NOT a Western story

Cinderella is NOT a Western story

Cinderella is old as

(I wrote a paper on it in university I HAVE THIS KNOWLEDGE)

There are versions of Cinderella found in the fairy tales and folklore of cultures across Asia, in Africa, and Europe

The oldest version of Cinderella folklorists have found, originated in China THREE THOUSAND YEARS AGO

3, 0 0 0 

The version Disney popularized was based of the relatively contemporary version by Perrault (by which I mean it was published 300 years ago, as opposed to, y’know, 3,000) [also, I think the version that the Broadway musical is based on??]

R E G A R D L E S S

Cinderella is not (only) a Western story

Cinderella is not even originally a Western story

[in fact, I’d bet there was a black Cinderella before there was a white Cinderella]

And, of course, even if Cinderella were a purely “Western” fairy tale

Keke Palmer is an American actress, is a woman from a Western society. Is a perfectly. . legitimate Cinderella.

In conclusion:

Lola Guin,

Edited by CherryBlossom - Aug 08 2014 at 9:48am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake