Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Eid Mubarak BHM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.22  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eid Mubarak BHM
    Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 10:52am
Sponsored Links

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 10:49am
Eid Kareem. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:08am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i had to google too.. 

im gonna say this to this negro whos muslim.. 
see if hes forreal or just became that/starting claiming cus of prison 

Coco....LOLLOLLOL i lubbed you,  you are so dayum CAARRAAAAZZZYYY
ivy07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ivy07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:29am
Happy Eid Mubarak to the whole world! Handshake
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 10:41pm
Thank you
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 7:46pm
so where's our gifts?
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Thanks Afro.
One of the security guys told me all about this some years back.Smile
He educated me.

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 3:25pm
Afro, this article had me cracking up (can I have Monday off? no, tuesday. lol)

When is Eid 2014? It could be Monday or Tuesday, it might be Sunday …

Eid al-Fitr – the feast at the end of Ramadan – begins with the sighting of the new moon. But can you use a telescope, or just the naked eye? And what if it's cloudy?

Serious question: when is Eid? There's a joking-but-actually-quite-accurate pie chart that breaks down when you know the month of Ramadan is over. The largest chunk suggests: "just keep fasting until phone explodes with Eid texts". It's not bad advice.

The Islamic calendar is lunar, which is why the timing of Ramadan is not a fixed thing, and consequently why Eid wanders a bit. In the old days, the patriarch returned from the mosque one evening around 29 or 30 days into the month to say: "Look lively – it's Eid tomorrow." I was brought up with the understanding that when the new moon is sighted in Saudi Arabia (signalling the start of the month of Shawwal), it's time for Eid. But of course, as with all things around religion, there are shades of grey. Some scholars, for example, argue that the moon must be seen with the naked eye, while others say it is just as valid if seen through the lens of a telescope. There are some who say an astronomical calculation is good enough, and people who argue this is a fallacy.

Geography matters too, which explains why your cousins in Birmingham sometimes celebrate Eid a day before or after you do in London. Then there is weather to contend with: if you're an adherent of the "naked eye moon sighting system", what happens on a cloudy night?

Is it confusing? A little. Taking time off work can become a tricky little adventure with the HR department – "Can I have Monday off, please? No, make it Tuesday. Nope, Monday!" – something that might be a stumbling block for Harrow MP Bob Blackman in his quest to make Eid (and Diwali) public holidays. We'll never have an official countdown with "x shopping days until Eid" but that's OK. Part of the joy of Eid is the thrill of not knowing precisely when it's coming.

Sometimes, it really is as simple as waiting for the floods of celebratory calls. Eid Mubarak!

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 3:18pm
 I just finished celebrating xmas. I'm all confused lol.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Afro you beat me to it. I usually make this thread lol.

i knoooooow!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>