BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Am I wrong to be so mad? *long-ish post*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I wrong to be so mad? *long-ish post*
    Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:57am
Oh she white.....yt bishes shady as fuk.....I don't call them friend ....at all
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:51am
I screen shot my friends exes currents and crushes....I feel like they ton find out anyway....Id hate to know my friend knew something like this and never told me....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

**Warning**long post**

I was bored at work on July 5th, so I checked my phone to see what my friend was doing. I open up my messages and I see she had sent me a picture last night.

What was it of?

A Facebook screenshot of my ex boyfriend and his current girlfriend announcing their engagement (that whole "I said YES!" with a pic of them and the ring. Ugh). Now, this is the ex that was my first...everything. The one that it took a long time for me to get over. The one SHE KNOWS I still have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for, despite us not being friends anymore. And that's why I purposely deleted him from Facebook because I needed to stop torturing myself and move on, which I can say I have done.

So for her to feel the need to send me that...knowing everything she knows...I just didn't understand. Is that funny?

I texted her back saying "Andrea...seriously?" I literally couldn't think of how to formulate my anger into 160 characters. All she said back was "Whoopsie :p" as if it were an accident.

Needless to say, I've avoided speaking to her since. And tis isn't the first time she's done some foul ish like this. She once posted an article on my FB wall talking about my company getting bought out and said in big letters "I HOPE YOU DONT LOSE YOUR JOB!" I took her to task for that too, so this is nothing new.

I'm writing about this now because she just texted me asking what I was doing tonight. I haven't answered and I don't know if I will/should. I just wanted some feedback on this from outside people. My sister is so angry at her, but only because she knows about all her stupid stunts. And if I had done something like this to her, I'd never live it down.

What should I do?

Tl;dr-My best friend did some foul ish and idk if I still want to associate with her.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:48am
The problem is not that she is white. It's that she's a CU.nt.  CU-nts come in all colors.
She probably looks at you like this. People who act like this are not your friends. 

Edited by EPITOME - Jul 20 2014 at 12:52am
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 5:25pm
This thread delivered in a way I wasn't expecting. I really want to thank you guys who were sensitive to my situation and those of you who were able to show me something that I guess my eyes weren't trained to see. I'm really questioning our friendship now as a whole, and also the way people treat me at my new job(I'm the only black person in this small PT office).
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 3:43pm
Maysay that GradientLair site is cool. Never knew it existed. Thumbs Up
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Wow I really can't keep up with all these comments. I did NOT expect my post to gain this much feedback.

My sister and I have had talks about my parents isolating us from other Nigerians(because of their own issues) and that hindering us from forming connections and learning more about our culture. I moved here when I was 7 and these are the people I grew up around. Mostly white people that don't really like outsiders. I guess I did try to conform to something that would get me accepted. I rreally don't know what else to say to you all...

OP, this issue transcends race. This is about what's inside of you. That voice that says, "Hey, this is not ok."
You hear that voice, and you know that the way you are being treated by this person is out of line. Otherwise, you wouldn't have posted.
I'm glad you had a chance to vent. Heaven knows venting helps.
At 23, you're old enough to respect yourself.
Cut off this person, and anyone else who disrespects you.
Your life will be richer and fuller for it.
Good luck.

This.

Nigerian, this stuff is hurting you. Your instinct is telling you this is not okay hence why you're asking for our feedback. Nothing to be ashamed of, your friend fucking sucks!

But hun, all that laughing and smiling to cover up the sting of pain these white people give you when they make you their get-out-of-racism free card and racism punching bag will eventually eat up at you from the inside.

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Guy's she's young...

and I feel she has been around certain types of people to have made that statement

This is an opportunity to educate

I'm really glad is encouraging education of black sisters with internalized racism now. This is what I call solidarity.

Because when I was 18 and talking all this coon talk on here, I was getting side-eyes and lots of shade. LOL

My ignorant butt just thought I was just being attacked by "bitter black stereotypical women."

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 3:35pm
Just finished the thread. 

Op you seem nice but very naive. Open your eyes. Someone telling you that you aren't like those other blacks is straight shade and they are calling you a well behaved n..i...g...g....a. 

Are you comfortable hanging with black women? American black women?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

To answer some questions:

My ex(the one in the engagement pic) is Asian. His new fiance is Asian as well. I'm sure mom and dad were so glad he got out of his "phase"...

The guy I was seeing during the club altercation was Haitian. Things between he and I were actually great, before he told me he has a kid in another state whom he doesn't see. Things kinda ended after that. I actually made a thread about that too. Its floating around the relationship section somewhere.

I noticed with her that when there was a time where she had a bf and I didn't, she was a lot bossier when we all hung out. She wanted to do what he did or go where he went, and because she usually drove I had no say in it. He would show up at our Girls Nights and they'd be off by themselves instead of with the group. But when I started dating Haiti, EVERYTHING was " I don't wanna go here, I don't wanna do this. Don't leave me here alone."

Regarding the picture, I feel like, if she had approached me differently about it then that would have made all the difference. Instead of a picture text sent out of the blue. I mean...seeing that was like a punch in the gut. And it ruined my whole f*cking week. In my heart of hearts I don't think she meant to hurt me, but that doesn't mean I have to take that sh*t.

She was putting you in your place. Reinforcing your inferiority complex that you are in fact "different", were not good enough no matter how you tried and he finally found someone suitable to marry, his own kind

Don't be naive and oblivious... get your head right,get pride in being black not being pseudo white (which is a delusion btw) and cut that ww off 

Don't say sh*t to her there's nothing to be said, this is about you not her 

Where are the lies? I see none!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair