Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Stretching techniques for growth
    Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 1:48pm
Thanks, I use Keracare Humecto after I co wash and I just leave it in my hair .  I also tried adding Let's Jam Gel to that. I braid it in 2 braids with a lot of that in when it is just slightly damp until it is completely dry. I generally keep it in a braid or 2 all the time. I also like using grape seed oil in it some times. This technique of leaving in a thick conditioner is based on the technique of Teri LaFlesh, the author of Curly Like Me. While she just lets her hair air dry natural with conditioner it in, I always stretch mine in braids. The technique of keeping the hair always coated with conditioner helped her grow hers down below her buttocks when stretched. I apply more Keracare Humecto every few days to dry hair when I re braid it. It simply strengthens and moisturizes my hair. Joico Moisture  Recovery and Hello Hydration are other options to leave in the hair at all times.
PS I wore my hair out loose today and it felt so vulnerable. When I came back home, I IMMEDIATELY detangled it with an extra large tooth comb, added more Keracare Humecto and rebraided it! I feel my hair is much safer braided up with a good coating of this and or grape seed oil at all times. I was SO afraid some of my hair would tear or break when it was loose when I was out so it felt very comforting to put it back in 2 Pippi Longstocking braids soothed with conditioner as soon as I got back in.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 21 2015 at 2:20pm
Sponsored Links

Melanie Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2015 at 3:50am
That sounds great! You have nice hair, I can see in your profile. What do you use?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2015 at 8:39am
Look what hair banding and going #TeamNoScissors  did for this guy's hair!

I will have what he's having!

Another option for curl pattern stretching/ hair protection for length retention... a couple braids or French braids  with natural oil close to 24/7 for a couple years.

PS I had to add that seeing that his ends are thin makes me feel much better about not cutting off my ends for the sake of a blunt cut.  Fairytail ends are nice too... says she on International Fairy Day (June 24th)

#TeamNoScissors Sharp cuts are not for everyone.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 24 2015 at 10:18am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2015 at 8:10am
I am going to the dollar store to get a few packages of hair bands to do this to my hair

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 23 2015 at 8:15am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2015 at 6:14am
@Melanie, buns can be one way of stretching hair pattern or setting the curl pattern to assume a looser configuration. It should not cause damage to the hairline unless you are using excessive tension.
UPDATE. I did a texlax on my friend's hair who is 4c. Although the BKTs worked on 4c hair and got it up to almost 3c with a few sessions, it also seemed to revert back to nearly 4c every month or two! There were complaints about not feeling like sitting up for a flat ironing every two months. 

SO, I had 1/4 jar of regular relaxer. I added a couple squirts of ApHogee 2 Minute conditioner and a couple splashes of grape seed oil to the regular relaxer to weaken it while adding strengthening conditioners to it. I stirred it really well for several minutes and then slapped it on the whole head quickly as a virgin application. combed it though. The entire time it was on the head from start to finish was 7 minutes. It was rinsed immediately at 7 minutes. Rinsed for 5 minutes in the shower, shampooed 4 times w/ neutralizer shampoo. Then applied Keracare Humecto mixed with oil as a leave in and voila. Will do the touchup also diluted with oil using a color applicator bottle in 2 or 3 months.

The results look great! It is a solid 3c curl pattern starting with like 4b (Did not revert back completely to 4c from the bkts). I am hoping to get length retention this time by using weakened, diluted relaxer for a maximum of 5-7 minutes and keeping it off the ends like dear life depends on it. Oh, and it had grown about an inch since we started doing bkts but is still in the twa range.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 19 2015 at 9:00am
Melanie Joy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melanie Joy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2015 at 11:12pm
Hair stretching like putting it up in a bun? Is it okay to do it always? Is it going to cause my hairline?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2015 at 6:18am
Here's a nice article on Curly Nikki with ideas of night time hair stretching techniques for length retention.

Daily consistency is key for a long hair regimen.
I was surprised that someone on Curly Nikki's site asked why keeping the hair detangled was good for length retention??? Are you serious? Some people also did not understand that stretching the hair helps to retain length by decreasing tangles. Amazing!
(Some people basically thought it was best to leave natural hair TANGLED, always pineappled at night and not stretched to grow it!!!!)
A lot of people simply don't have a clue how to care for their hair.

My bible for hair is:
Nightly braids, twists, bantu knots/ buns, wraps, roller or rod sets, with natural oils, satin bonnets, finger detangling then very gentle extra extra wide toothed comb.  Never sleep on loose hair or without a satin bonnet. Always oil when dry with 100% natural oil. Keep the texture stretched by braids,cornrows, bantu knots, buns etc so it never has a chance to get dry, matted, too tangled or out of control.
I personally rarely wear my hair loose, so it is not over worked. To the contrary mine is almost 24/7 oiled in one of the stretched sets (protective styles) listed above and under a satin bonnet.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 12 2015 at 7:16am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 9:59am
More hair stretching with a roller set on magnetic rollers.
Yes you can even stretch NATURAL 4c hair with a roller set!

So consider adding a roller set to your  regular wash day regimen for length retention.
Maintain with daily protective styles and oil.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 05 2015 at 10:00am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 7:06am
PS I suggest doing the above protective styles with NO GEL if at all possible. I would recommend using the Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste, Edge Control or Conditioner and Oil only if possible. If your hair is natural, you can do conditioner and oil when you stretch. Then maintain with coconut oil, other oils and edge control only. If you use gel, not only does the hair get hard, brittle and break when you try to comb it, but also it becomes difficult to do a new style  and oil the hair every day due to the hair being so cemented. That leads to matting with time and a vicious cycle of breakage, NO length retention. So try to keep the hair SOFT and Supple with oil and conditioner left in with edge control or the control paste which does not cause the hair to get hard and brittle. That way you can finger comb through the hair to re oil it and maintain it through out the week to care for your hair!
How to make a crown for a Goddess.
Here is another interesting video of how to do the Heidi braids

I do not do it this way. If I use Kanekalon for this style, I first BRAID IN hair in 2 pigtail braids similar to the first video above. Just lay the hair in with your hair and make a braid on each side braiding both hairs in together. Then I lift both braids up and around my head and pin them in place. This way, I can let them down and have two long pigtails as another style  if I tire of the Heidi/Goddess look.

Here is an alternate Halo Goddess Twist protective style

This one is on thick, natural hair that is stretched by a roller set and then twisted with no additions.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 05 2015 at 8:57am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 6:57am

Why STRETCHING your hair is so important

SO, Step 1
OR
THEN

After stretching the hair, she can begin to wear daily protective styles like 2 French braids with buns on the ends. Oil and re braid each day for a fresh protective braided style or bunned style. You do not need to wear the hair loose just because you stretched it. You can enjoy different pretty protective styles like these:
French Braid with Jumbo Braid hair added. Use Curls Control Paste or an Edge Control for added polish.

Upside down French braid bun

Goddess  Braid/ Heidi Braids

May use jumbo braid Kanekalon hair if needed for additional length.

Side French braid using kanekalon hair braided in.

Bun

Other Daily Protective Styles with jumbo braid hair:

I very much like how this lady uses conditioner instead of gel. This is what I personally do.

If you are type 4 I recommend Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste instead of gel. It is much better for the hair.
Oil the hair with coconut oil each night and do a new protective style daily or every other day at the most. A pack of jumbo braid hair for $2.00 may be used to enhance most of these daily protective styles.

These simple styles used daily on stretched hair can be your key to growing your hair long. You do not need to wear the hair loose in braid outs. Loose hairstyles are not the best way to retain length. These types of styles above  DAILY PROTECTIVE HAIRSTYLES are your best bet for length retention in a healthy hair regimen for hair growth. Do a different protective style each day until you wash and deep condition. Then repeat the cycle again until the next wash day.
'
#TeamDailyProtectiveStyles
#TeamNoScissors

Edited by LadyAradia - May 04 2015 at 3:41pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair