Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

MyFashionHair.com

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Stretching techniques for growth
    Posted: Mar 17 2015 at 6:44pm
Gentler no gel buns 
An ideal protective style for  everyday! Bun option 2 above is the better one imo because the ends are treated more protectively.
Very beautiful style for adults for everyday protective wear!
Another 

no gel

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 17 2015 at 7:34pm
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2015 at 3:35am
I am so glad to hear all is well Carrie.
  • I think she should have put the roller clamp on the end instead of doing a 2 strand twist on the ends
  • I think the design of the black part NEEDS clamps along the middle instead of leaving that big gap with no clamps
  • I think she definitely should have waited until it was dry to remove or the whole thing is a waste of time. Probably should have used a hooded dryer.
  • Would be good to further stretch the hair in some manner each night for maintenance. Perhaps a couple big braids, a few big bantu knots or a few ponytails with rollers each night for nightly maintenance.
Most importantly, I think they should go back into production and redesign the black mid section with clamps all along the length of them. They will not really stretch type 4 hair the best possible without clamps all along the entire length  of the strand.

I will be ordering in a few weeks. Hopefully they can produce the black mid section with clamps before I order.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 12 2015 at 3:56am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2015 at 12:40pm
Mine is doing well. I've been using the Renpure conditioner for cowashing, the BB blow dry cream (I don't dry it on high)and keeping it cornrowed under my lace wig. I plan on retouching on Sunday, time permitting. If not, then Tuesday for sure - My hubby will be out of town and I'll have some time without interruptions. LOL.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2015 at 12:17pm
Carrie you are a sweetheart. You have nothing to be sorry for lady. Everything just doesn't work for everyone.  Maybe I will try it again when I  feel like putting heat in my hair. I am very grateful  to you for sharing it with me. 
How's your hair doing lately? Are you going to retouch?

PS This time to do a touchup on my BKT, I will probably do most of my passes with the iron along the roots where I have new growth and just a few passes of the iron along the length of the strand. I am thinking this because my ends are about as loose as I want them for now. If your ends are still not as loose as you want, do a full application over the whole length of the strand when  you touch up.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 12 2015 at 7:26am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2015 at 11:37am
I'm sorry this didn't work for you. I've only ever used it the way they suggest with the blow drying and flat ironing. I'm not a roller set girl.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2015 at 5:24am
What is helping this product to be acceptable for me is putting grape seed oil on the hair and then putting the snap on cap jumbo magnetic rollers back over night.
The hair did shrink a little during the day but not as much as it would have. Also it was pretty uncombable due to the gel factor, but adding a layer of oil helped with that a lot. Also putting the roller back on made it all the better. I think today will be really better now that I've got the humidity blocker on with OIL to make my hair combable and not feel so glued together . Also again, resmoothing it each night on the roller helps. Granted I did NOT use heat. No flat iron. So I think this worked fairly well considering.

Re-wrapping or re rolling nightly along with addition of oils are imperative to use a product like this on natural hair.
Next up, I will try to get the same results with homemade flaxseed gel and oil alone and see if it works the same.

UPDATE: 
NO DICE! This may work for other people maybe with coarser hair but it is a definite no go for me. I just came in from outside in the yard and looked in the mirror. My hair reverted and is completely curled up. So it failed. Furthermore, the oil did not soften the gel enough so if I try to finger detangle the hair to put the rollers back on, I feel hairs tearing from the glue of the gel! The gel makes my hair uncombable without tearing because the glue is stronger than my strands. 
  • So 1) this does not block humidity for me . My hair completely curled up on its own just due to the morning dew in the air!And 
  • 2) the gel aspect would literally destroy my fine hair by causing it to tear off my head everytime I try to pass a comb through the glue of the gel. Oil did NOT soften the gel sufficiently for it to be soft. It was soft when I scrubbed it yesterday but as soon as it got moist again from the dew in the morning air, the gel reconstituted and re GLUED. In a few minutes when the glue air dried in my hair again it was a cemented mess....not combable without resulting in severe tearing off of good strands of hair on my head.

So all types of gels are hazardous on baby fine hair if you are going to try to comb it.  I will re order Liquid Keratin 60 day smooth and re do my BKT. The longer I hold off the more I am destroying my hair  by tearing it out.

I am cowashing this glue out of my hair now so I can pass a comb through it without ripping my hair off my head.  Conditioner and oil only for me for length retention. No gels, hairsprays, mouses or anything similar if I want hair on my head. Teri LaFlesh definitely knows what she's talking about.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 11 2015 at 10:14am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 5:29pm
yes, I loved it. I tried it before my BKT though. The humidity part worked for me when I did a photo shoot down in New Orleans. My hair stayed straight.

Since the BKT, the only one I used is the blow dry cream. LOVE THAT
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 3:35pm
Had you tried this Carrie?
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 2:53pm
Hope it works!!!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2015 at 8:57am

Last night I roller set my bangs on  jumbo magnetic rollers to test a product my friend Carrie sent me. I used Bed Head Tigi Straighten Out.   I decided to try it now because I have a lot of new growth of frizzy, curly hair at my roots  from my BKT growing out, but I am not quite ready to do a retouch yet. I am normally keeping my hair up in either a french braid with paranda or a bun of some sort, but I leave out face framing tendrils around the hairline. Those are now frizzing up very quickly now that my BKT has grown out significantly at the roots. So in an effort to avoid the frizzy halo that comes within minutes of doing my hair, I pulled out this product.

Now this product is supposed to be blow dried and ironed into the hair but my hair gets straight from a wet set. It claims to keep the hair straight blocking out 98% humidity.  

The product feels very mucilaginous just like flaxseed gel and has a very fresh, clean, delightful fragrance. It also felt like gel on my hair when it dried. My hair had a lot of crunch like with any gel. I am generally not a fan of that at all because my hair is so fine that I can literally tear strands apart trying to separate the hair that has crunch from gel. So to give this product the best chance, what I did instead of combing my bangs out and tearing all my length off was to ball the hair up in my hands for a long time. I tried to scrunch off the crunch as I had heard of other curlies doing to get the gel cast off of hair. I had to rub the hair for quite a while between my hands before I could even finger comb without my fine hairs ripping. I actually ended up scrubbing my hair in my hand like I was hand washing some clothes in order to get the crunch off. But ultimately I did scrub off the crunch. 

My bangs did indeed straighten from the roller set, but that is nothing unique. The real test will be to see how long this smoothness lasts throughout the day or week. I can not evaluate it yet. Also, if it does work, I am also curious to know how it will differ from just using regular flaxseed gel which has a similar consistency.  
Thanks so much again to my friend Carrie for sending me this product. That was so sweet of you 
Will update.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 10 2015 at 9:10am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>