Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Stretching techniques for growth
    Posted: 3 hours 59 minutes ago at 3:01pm
Just natural in a twa right now because it's so short.
Sponsored Links

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 33 minutes ago at 1:27pm
LadyAradia, how does your friend wear her hair?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 42 minutes ago at 12:18am
In retrospect, this was the anticipated result. BKTs typically take you up 2 letters each time. From 4c to 4a is exactly 2 letters up. It was the same with me. I went from 3b/c to 3 a the first time with uncurly. Then I went from 3a to my current 2b the next time with Liquid Keratin 60 day. That was approximately 2 letters each time.
So according to this formula, the 4a hair should be 3b next time when we do the 2nd treatment next month.
2 letters up each application of a Brazilian Keratin treatment, NO matter what texture your hair is.

Edited by LadyAradia - 18 hours 40 minutes ago at 12:20am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:37pm
Thread....this time i have 15....threaded the singles threads together to make a big one and pinned it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2014 at 11:16am
Did not wait for a week to wash out the 4c BKT. Cowashed on the 3rd day as recommended. The change is very minimal. it looks like a very mild texturizer. Hair went from 4c/z to 4a/b. It is easier to comb and feels more conditioned but did not get to 3c at all...only 4a at the most
The areas where I did not use as much heat have almost no change. So it is really important to do 10 passes at 450 if you are 4c. The effects are cumulative, so this will need to be done again in about 3 to 4 weeks for best results. I expect the ends to go to 3c next time and again the roots at 4a. I believe this hot comb that would not even straighten the hair was part of the problem. Surely it will be better on the 2nd treatment when I use a 1/2 " flat iron.

In fact I am thinking that it might be best to flat iron this in the hair once per month for a while. As the hair gets longer, it may be OK to switch over to flat ironing BKT in the hair every 6 weeks or so to keep up with new  growth. In the mean time, it is  very important to cowash only if possible or use a sulfate free shampoo  at least.   The more it is washed, the more it will revert back to 4c/z

Edited by LadyAradia - Yesterday at 6:40am
Deirdre123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deirdre123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 12:08am
lots of good information in this thread. thanks
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 3:14pm
I will tell you honestly how it turns out Carrie. Keeping my fingers crossed. 
On a side note, the Wildroot cream oil came today and I tried it on my hair. It is so moisturizing and kind of thick. I think the PEG-8 in it helps with the moisture as it is a humectant. I think it will give a nice smoothing effect to the hair itself. It has lanolin and some sort of liquified waxes (Microcrystalline Waxes) in it. Most products with wax in them feel very dry on the hair. But this one has the first ingredient water, and the PEG-8 humectant along with the micro waxes that just feels dewy with some weight of the micro waxes to smooth the hair. The lanolin (from sheep) is very close to human sebum and oils. So I think it is a great hairdress cream oil for AA hair for a silkening and smoothing effect. Adds a good sheen too! 

It has mineral oil in it but I don't even really buy into that hype about it being bad bc Silicon Mix has it and it does great by me. Also, baby oil (mineral oil) and water always worked wonders on my hair. Realistically, mineral oil is an excellent sealant. And the product contains its own moisture in the form of water and humectants. So I see this as a good balance of moisturizer and sealer in one along with weighty liquified waxes almost like a very light edge control in one super all in one product.  I will update on the Wildroot also, and how it works on my hair as well as on 4c hair. I used to use it a long time ago and remember how silky it made my hair look.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 20 2014 at 12:55am
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 2:37pm
LadyAradia, I will be keeping close tabs on this!

I am really debating trying the Keratin Research. My hair is thriving right now and I'm afraid of f@cking it all up like I've done so many times before.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 1:43pm
Brazilian Keratin Treatment on 4c hair
OK so today i did a big chop on my texlaxed 4c friend. The hair was so broken off so I trimmed almost all the relaxer off and left the hair about 1 1/2 inches long. After shampooing the hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove all barriers,  I then put the Keratin Research Brazilian Keratin Treatment in the hair and left it on under a conditioner cap for an hour. 

Then I blow dried it in and used a 3/8" Red Kiss Ceramic Root Straightening comb on 450 degrees to try to straighten it since the hair is too short  to flat iron it after the big chop . The fumes were not much at all and I did not use a fan. It was very hard to get the hair straight with this root straightener hot comb. I will have to get a tiny 1/2" flat iron for next time. So hopefully it will grow some in the mean time to be long enough to flat iron, because these root straightening combs do not straighten that well on 4c hair. The hot comb did not burn the scalp at all  but the hot comb doesn't work well. The Keratin Research solution also did not burn at all. It was like putting on a conditioner and blow drying it in. It is a very pleasant and fragrant white cream like a conditioner.

After trying to straighten it with the root straightening hot comb, I brushed some ORS edge control in the hair and put a stocking cap on the hair for safe keeping. Will try to keep it straight and dry for a week. Am hoping for some conditioning benefits and at least a nice 4a or 3c texture  out of the 4c twa to make it easier to manage and look nice. Will update with results after a week (next Wednesday) when I do the first co wash and conditioner update.

PS: Planning to use Wildroot Hair Groom Original (cream oil) as a daily styling product for this after the first cowash in a week.

Edited by LadyAradia - Nov 20 2014 at 8:36am
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2014 at 2:17pm
Going to try to keep these in till thanksgiving...my hair lay much flatter when i unpin it then wrap it for bed...pinned up was making it puffy while wrapped.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic