Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Hair Stretching techniques for growth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Stretching techniques for growth
    Posted: Jan 22 2015 at 5:05pm
No, I got ya. I meant like I do my conditioner.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2015 at 4:43pm
I hope I did not confuse you. You know I meant to heat up the keratin solution under a plastic cap not a conditioner.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2015 at 2:01pm
I will definitely try uncurly at some point.

I left it in a while the last time. This time I'll do what I normally do with deep conditioning. I don't have a heated cap, but I do the warm moist towel and then go get on my treadmill. My body heat from running keeps it warm.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 7:32pm
that's good. I can't wait to hear how it turns out this time. And I kind of wish you eventually try Uncurly. I really like how it turned out with that this time. I honestly do think that Uncurly is better than Keratin Research now. 
I am glad you did not do it yet. Try to sit under a dryer for the hour you leave it on before you flat iron. If you dont have a hooded dryer, put a moist towel in the microwave and wrap your conditioner cap or bag with that and keep re warming it as necessary over the hour.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 21 2015 at 7:37pm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 2:18pm
I didn't get to do mine this weekend. Too crazy with work. I'll do it Saturday. But even so its holding up well. VERY manageable. I co-washed Sunday night with my VO5, then applied some of the B&B straight cream. I pulled it back in a ponytail and threaded the tail with a pantyhose leg. Monday morning it was 85-90% dry and I finished it with the dryer on medium heat, applied some coconut oil and braided it in 2 braids. Its SUPER soft.

It seriously took me like 5 min to detangle and comb through after washing. For me, that is a HUGE deal.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 2:12pm
How is your hair Carrie?
Oh I forgot to say that I used heat on the conditioner cap with the uncurly this time for 1 hour. So I used the Hot heads cap that you put in the microwave. It was reheated about 3 or 4 times during the hour to keep it really warm. Kind of like sitting under a hooded dryer with a conditioner cap on  over the keratin solution in the hair. I think that may have helped.Last time it just sat on the hair for an hour with no heat. The flat ironing comes after it sat on the hair for an hour with heat. Also I actually think Uncurly may in fact be a bit better than the Keratin Research too.  But in any even, the 4c hair is totally like about 3b now with NO RELAXER. Very good results this time.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 21 2015 at 2:18pm
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 11:46am
awesome!!!!! Clap
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2015 at 9:35am
This time was the charm.  The 3rd time I think. My 4c friend has a legitimate full head of silky shiny curls that the comb just glides through like BUTTER this time. 
I used the UNCURLY this time with proper heat. I did about 7 passes at 450 degrees and left it in the hair for 3 days. We co-washed it out with ORS conditioner that I had added castor oil to this morning. The results are GORGEOUS. No more comb getting stuck in the hair at all. And we are starting to show a little length retention which was never noticed during years of relaxers.
PS For some reason, the gray hairs in the front are still frizzy with no uniform curl pattern even though they are a looser texture now. The gray went from 4c to loose frizzy, wiry look. All the rest of the head looks like perfectly formed ringlets of 3b/c curls and waves though.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jan 21 2015 at 9:42am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2015 at 6:53pm
Good luck.  I will be doing this one this week or weekend too. Hoping they both turn out great.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2015 at 4:52pm
Thanks for her update! I'll be doing my second coat this weekend.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>