Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Underprocessed hair causing breakage?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DierdreS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DierdreS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underprocessed hair causing breakage?
    Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:42am
So I use Mizani's Butter Blend No Lye relaxer. After reading around, I realized I have to chelate my hair. I have never chelated before and I don't think my stylist does either. She does a really great job with relaxers though so I think I can go home and use a chelating shampoo. With that being said,  I probably have huge amounts of calcium build up on my hair.

Anyway, a while ago I did a relaxer on myself (big mistake) I used Africas best no lye. My hair came out underprocessed and I hate it. It's also in the middle of the shaft which is even more annoying. Its frizzy and kind of rough. Without just chopping it off, is there a way to make this underprocessed area softer. Sometimes my hair crinkles up in a crazy angular pattern when it breaks. does anyone know why? My hair is porous by the way and kind of thick. I just want to know how to take care of these two textures without breakage. I have looked everywhere and also found that when you use a no lye relaxer and its underprocessed, its IMPOSSIBLE to make it straight with a corrective lye relaxer. Which is why I have to wait to chop it off. But in the mean time, I would like to make it as manageable as possible!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style