Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black backstabbing ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black backstabbing ?
    Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:45pm
I can admit that I have experienced this before. I think it stems from insecurity linked to how "they" see and treat us. Instead of going against "them" or simply ignoring them as much as possible they flip it and compete against each other. The goal is to be seen as "other" and "special."  I just SMH because the issue isn't with us but with the environment that encourages and supports this behavior.Its amazing to me how often we are turned against one another. Some of us see if for what it is and don't feed into it and others fall for it. 

Thankfully though at my last position I had a partner that was down for the cause and she let me know that from jump.  We literally fist bumped on the first day lol. 
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:15pm
All day
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 5:28am

experienced more backstabbing when we were the majority
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 1:46am
black people are people...people are unpredictable and anything can happen.  These questions are so annoying, I'm like tired of these black people questions.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:48pm
Nope. I almost never see this when Im one of a few Blacks. We do the opposite honestly.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:47pm
Yes. I see it frequently.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 9:17pm
I don't think you can make wide sweeping assumptions

Especially over one or two incidents

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 8:53pm
I will share my experience. Ive worked in environments where blacks were the minority and stuck together and supported each other for the majority of my jobs with the exception of one job where I felt the blacks were super insecure and hostile.

Edited by sbrownie84 - Jun 20 2014 at 11:18pm
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 8:50pm
Could be sexist, some Black women are territorial and don't like working with other black women.
If you're referring to a woman.
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

what is happening to you sbrownie84?   And you talking about your old job? Did it happen again?

No girl. Lol. I'm just thinking over some past experience. My friend and I were discussing this the other night and my mom. I'm just wondering If this crabs in the barrel mentality is true or not?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>