Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Set up for a Comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set up for a Comeback
    Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 2:52pm
Heyy Ladies!

Life took a hold of me but I am back! Its almost been a month since my last post which went by pretty quickly. My goal is to obtain an inch a month consistently until November. I experienced trial and error during my first month but to my surprise I actually obtained an inch. Now, I did not use a measuring tape just the naked eye, however I can see a noticeable difference in length although I trimmed my hair about 1/4-1/2 an inch. I wasn't even consistent with anything I did. 

The best part about this past month is my texture change! Not only did I get a considerable amount of new growth, but that new growth is soft and silky and moisturized and just mm mmm good. It makes me want to cut all my hair off and just let the nice texture grow.  LOL

On another note, I finally found a protective style that I can hopefully rock until November. It allows easy access to my scalp and little to no tension on my tender edges which should result in maximum length retention. With that said, I am going to need to know where to get that NJoy oil because it sounds neat.

I have been trying so many new things and my natural hair is at its best. Looking forward to us reaching our goals! Happy growing ladies! Smile
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:24pm
I tried the Dickey Method for wash and go today.  I used Shea Moisture gel and ecostyler olive oil gel.  I LOVE how it made my natural texture pop on its own. But, the Shea Moisture made my hair feel sticky.  Me no likey the sticky sticky.  So, I think I'm gonna try it again tomorrow.  I'm gonna Detox my hair and then try it without the Shea Moisture.

After that, I'm gonna stop playing in my hair and wearing it out.  I'll have to get back to putting my ends away.  I cut 1.5-2 inches already after I saw how janky my ends looked while trying that Beautiful Textures Texture Manageability System.  Not really splits but, still janky.  But I'm sure that was because I've been putting my ends up but not tucking them away.

Also, I'm going to up my cowashing to at least 2x a week.  I was only cleansing weekly because I didn't want to have to deal with my hair but, life seems easier now.  I'm not having tangling issues and look forward to getting back to my beloved cowashing.

Speaking of, how about this pic.

I'm really njoy'g my natural hair and feel like it's getting bigger, as in thicker.  That's ok with me.  As long as tangling isn't an issue, I'm good.

Oh, and I'm back to taking my Long & Healthy Essentials hair vites. I didn't know how much I loved them until I was out for about a week and tried another brand.  I don't know why I thought I wouldn't breakout but, within a couple days, I did.  The Long & Healthy Essentials has time-released super b-vite complex and c-vites so that I don't get breakouts AND, it had my skin glowing like crazy.  I just got some in on Friday and am committed to making sure I don't run out again.

On another note. Why in the world am I shopping for a flat iron when I have no intention or current desire to flat iron? I don't remember what caused me to go check out the GHD Eclipse flat iron but, it looks interesting. Has anyone ever heard of this or used it? If so, what's the skinny?

*shakes the thread*

Come out and play, ladies.  Hug
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 2:41pm

I figured out a good cornrow regi for me.

Monday- Thursday- Baggy at night with NJOY oil on scalp after M&S

Friday/Saturday- M&S (skip baggy)

Sunday- Wash day. Right now I use my hothead cap vs steaming b/c I do not want the cornrows to unravel.

Keep in my braids for 4 weeks, take down protein treatment under steamer.. then new cornrows and repeat. Talk about EASY HONEY.

Thank God I never deleted my fotki. Its giving me motivation.

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:34pm
Good afternoon, Ladies.

I did a thorough detangling 4 days ago, which gave me an opportunity to put my hair back in twists. This is always a fun low manip style for me. I usually will put my twists in a protective style to.  But, I love the bouncy, stretchy feel of twists on natural hair. I LOVE it! I baggy nightly while using my growth oil and my hair remains uber moisturized.  I do have to stay on top of this tho because if I don't take my twists down to finger detangle to remove sheds, my hair starts tangling within the twist.  I don't do all at once.  I may redo a few at a time and then more later. That makes it easier for me, as long as I don't get lazy.

To make my low manip style protective, I keep my ends tucked. So, I'm wearing it in buns, french braid with my ends tucked or flat twisted around my head with the ends tucked under the flat twists on the opposite side.

I do wear my hair in high ponytails too. I don't consider that true protective but, it does keep my hair from rubbing on my clothes. And it's SO fun to have a high ponytail full of twists. They're like heavy curls and I'm swinging them everywhere. LOL

It has been 4 days and today's wash day so, I'll definitely have to redo at least some but, who knows.  Maybe I'll go ahead and redo all...later.  But this is going to be my go to style for now. Now to avoid the temptation of doing a twistout.  Who knows.  Maybe for July 4th.  Ehn.  We'll see.

(ugh! I have the most problems getting my posts to go thru on this site. )
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 10:11pm
I had a long profound post that the board wouldn't let me post. This is annoying!!!

Yaya - Good to see you, and congrats on the BC. I'm looking forward to your growth and pictures. 

NJoy - I know....I know....
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

oh yea and Hey there Njoy!

Sis I should be ordering 2 more bottles today.
My sister, mom & I love your oil!

I finally have enough hair to cornrow and baggy overnight, so I should see some incredible growth with my Njoy mix + baggying before the fall.

Ah the love. Approve  So then, I'll definitely leave that sale up.  I love when the mommies are involved.  I'm missing mine so I adopt everyone else's.

Congrats on you BC. You're gonna love your long, natural hair. *does pirouettes*

I wish I had someone who could "gently" cornrow my hair for me.  I'm such a big baby when it comes to pain. And it hurts just thinking about it. Ouch
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 7:02am
oh yea and Hey there Njoy!

Sis I should be ordering 2 more bottles today.
My sister, mom & I love your oil!

I finally have enough hair to cornrow and baggy overnight, so I should see some incredible growth with my Njoy mix + baggying before the fall.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:56am
Welcome back FLW!
Sorry about losing your mother and all of the stress you endured that lead to your setback.

I don't post much any more, but I would love to join you!
I BCd AGAIN in January after making the decision to texlax in 2013.

Now I have 2-3 inches of hair on my head.
My plan to have 5-6 inches in January 15' and the SL will be my next goal (October 2015)

You are at a great restarting point to get back to MBL in no time!

I'm back at a place where I'm excited again about hair!

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by HaitianBeauty_ HaitianBeauty_ wrote:

NJoy, you inspire me that with patience I can actually make waist length. I have never had hair that long because I never took the time to care for my hair once my mom stopped doing it. So besides my goal to have healthy hair, I am challenging myself to see how long I can grow. How long have you been natural? How long did it take you to get from armpit to your current length?

Thanks, Sis.  I've been natural since 9/19/12.  It took me almost a year to get to waist, relaxed, using my growth oil daily. Almost 20 months as a natural but, I didn't use my oil consistently. In these past 2 years, I cared for and lost both parents and am trying to get back on track with being consistent. That and trying to get used to handling natural hair and playing in it. Embarrassed  But, before my hair journey, I'd never been beyond shoulder length...EVER!  So, be encouraged. You can get to waist if you want.

One thing about learning to handle this natural hair is that it won't allow your true length to show the way relaxed hair does.  I may have to grow to knee length just to see some length around here. LOL
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 12:11am
NJoy, you inspire me that with patience I can actually make waist length. I have never had hair that long because I never took the time to care for my hair once my mom stopped doing it. So besides my goal to have healthy hair, I am challenging myself to see how long I can grow. How long have you been natural? How long did it take you to get from armpit to your current length?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic