Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can you pull of High-end?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can you pull of High-end?
    Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:12pm
I forgot another site.

www.outnet.com

This is the discount site for www.netaporter.com

Net-a-porter is a very high end e-retailer. I go there twice a year when they have their sale which is very good.  
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Thanks Ladies there are some wonderful tips in this thread! I am so exited to get dressed, LOL although I am not in NY there are some options out here we have a place called LAST CHANCE its actually Nordstorm's (GOODWILL STORE) lol I've found some excellent deals in there on occasion!

I am not working in a store, I have my own business and the product I am marketing is for the High-end, Luxury consumer. Do they still have SYMS in ny?

No SYMS closed. So did Loehmann's and Daffy's.

Daffy's was the spot. They better not even THINK of closing Filene's Basement.

You don't shop much....Filene's has BEEN closed.

It's a shame because you were able to buy really great high end clothing for great prices there.  They were my secret spots. I hope they re-structure.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:54pm

Thanks Ladies there are some wonderful tips in this thread! I am so exited to get dressed, LOL although I am not in NY there are some options out here we have a place called LAST CHANCE its actually Nordstorm's (GOODWILL STORE) lol I've found some excellent deals in there on occasion!

I am not working in a store, I have my own business and the product I am marketing is for the High-end, Luxury consumer. Do they still have SYMS in ny?

Daffy's was the spot. They better not even THINK of closing Filene's Basement.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:49pm

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:39am

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I just wanted to add when you buy clothes please stay with natural fibers.  To the untrained eye, all materials look the same.  When it comes to high end luxury shoppers they know the difference between a poly-blend and silk jersey in a blink.

So check for items in cotton (under 10% stretch is ok), wool, silk, cashmere. Some designers use viscose, but if you do that it should probably be from the place where you work.

Please take care of your clothing, make sure it is not stained, strained or in need of repair.  Find a nice perfume (preferably from your employer) to wear subtly. You need to appear, sound and smell high end.

Hi Julie!!!! *waves* I'm glad you're back....

Ok, so... im....ummm....cheap. Where can i find these type of items for the low.

Hi, Thank You!

Just for the record I have really expensive taste, but refuse to buy anything that is NOT on sale.

I suggest www.ruelala.com,  www.gilt.com - not so much, they are still a little to pricey for my liking.  If you are in NYC Century 21 of course.  Also try the sales sections for www.bergdorf.com, www.neimanmarcus.com and www.saksfifthavenue.com.  You can now purchase from www.lastcall.com (this is neiman's discount site) and www.saksoff5th.com (sak's discount site).  Both have a sales section for further discounts.

If you go buy Diane Von Furstenburg, she retails at about $345 a dress.  Make sure it's silk because she likes to throw in some polyblends at the same price, which is NOT WORTH IT (same for Tory Burch). But if you are vigilant in looking you can easily get a silk DVF wrap dress for about $175, $150 if you are lucky (if you see $150 in your size, you need to buy it immediately).  

www.bluefly.com is not that good for discounts.  For some accessories they are ok, but not great overall. Go to stores and get familiar with different designers, their cuts, and sizes.  This way you can easily buy online without second guessing the fit.

ETA: For your job, I would strongly suggest avoiding any prints - DVF does a lot of wild prints, but she does solids and tasteful color blocking too.

Edited by JulieGianni - May 07 2014 at 4:39pm
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

an easy way to look high end is to stick to monochromatic looks---not like orange--but black, blush, cream. please also visit SmartSamone1's thread about natural makeup. Don't have raggedy nails. A simple clean hairstyle--please also see my post in that thread of that makeup African girl--it's on the first page. Nothing uber flashy...sales associates are usually in black with one or two items from the brand.  Do you get a stipend from them?

Why are you so shady towards me?

...I said no1. You're SmartSamone2 since the other one has been around a lot longer than you. 

okay
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

an easy way to look high end is to stick to monochromatic looks---not like orange--but black, blush, cream. please also visit SmartSamone1's thread about natural makeup. Don't have raggedy nails. A simple clean hairstyle--please also see my post in that thread of that makeup African girl--it's on the first page. Nothing uber flashy...sales associates are usually in black with one or two items from the brand.  Do you get a stipend from them?

...I said no1. You're SmartSamone2 since the other one has been around a lot longer than you. 
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:44pm

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:26pm

I just wanted to add when you buy clothes please stay with natural fibers.  To the untrained eye, all materials look the same.  When it comes to high end luxury shoppers they know the difference between a poly-blend and silk jersey in a blink.

So check for items in cotton (under 10% stretch is ok), wool, silk, cashmere. Some designers use viscose, but if you do that it should probably be from the place where you work.

Please take care of your clothing, make sure it is not stained, strained or in need of repair.  Find a nice perfume (preferably from your employer) to wear subtly. You need to appear, sound and smell high end.

Hi Julie!!!! *waves* I'm glad you're back....

Ok, so... im....ummm....cheap. Where can i find these type of items for the low.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style