Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are there ANY decent FLW vendors left out there?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
Poll Question: Do you feel there are any GOOD FLW vendors still out there?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [22.22%]
7 [77.78%]
You can not vote in this poll

Are there ANY decent FLW vendors left out there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
miquerique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miquerique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are there ANY decent FLW vendors left out there?
    Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 7:24pm
Trial and error. Smile
Sponsored Links

growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

Huh.  Well, Printer_Ink, I had been using Wigsroyal nearly exclusively for a while, but in the past year I've felt quality has gone down and I've been disapointed.  The hair is still decent, but not as lasting for me as it used to be.  Maybe it shows up in my wigs more so, as I wear 18-20" units; I think you wear shorter?   But I mostly order virgin custom units that I color myself with the same professional products I have always used.  The biggest 'dog' I had from them was a unit processed into a natural curl; it died right quick.  The less processed I do better with.  but I still feel the hair has gone down in quality, and I still have huge variability with them in following directions (sometimes I get what I ask for sometimes not).   But mostly i just want *decent hair*!

I have also had very nice units from them. Except my last purchase, a curly Brazilian unit.

Here is what I like about Matt though:

If you say Matt I got a unit, here is the prob, he says okay please submit pics & lets talk & lets solve the prob. My experience with CVs vendors like Jeffrey was  f* you how dare you, let me beat you on Paypal. I wont even listen to you I will file first & you will lose.

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 3:32am
Ummm yes, I really you guys need to buy Caucasion hair period. This instead of buying the regular hair because pretty much ALL lace front vendors order their units from a CV and that CV sources their hair from Chinese or Indian people.

So then of course these are ethnic people so if you are ethinc yourself that darrrrk hair will work. However if are not so ethnic you need to lighten the hair so it's not so dark on you but lightening it .. will damage it.

You know these units go through a TON of industrialized cleaning and dyeing and maybe curling so ... when you come behind that and further process it ... I think you will shorten the lifetime ... SUBSTANTIALLY.  :(

I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 5:26pm
I might have to try this too, my skin tone is that of jessi alba or Nicole Ritchie and 1b- 4 look like hats on my head too (my natural color is a medium golden brown, which seems impossible to get right or the vendor will get it right but once that silicon washes off the unit is a tangly suffocating mess.... I'm teetering on the line between coloring myself again (I hate doing it myself) or trying out a frontal & full sew in, summer walkers stylist "gorgeous growth" does beautiful installs & custom colors (some are dead on my natural color) but I've never tired a frontal or even a sew in.. And those prices are just as bad as my goto "super expensive but great quality" out of business vendor ugggh decisions decisions
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 2:47pm
Ohh I see your point. I am a MAC 43/45 color so I would neeeeever go lighter than the 1b/2 I am wearing.

I think you might need to source 'Russian' hair. Those folks are poor (I could tell you some stories) so they do sell their Blonde/Auburn Caucasian hair. It will be a bit pricy but if you can find a vendor to give you naturally light hair .. that would solve your problem.

Contact www.hairdirect.com. I buy their hair products religiously but they mainly cater to White customers so Í'll bet they can get you some light hair. :)
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 10:20am
Yes, I have wondered if, if I could avoid the lifting of the color, they would last me as they have in the past.  But unfortunately, that is 'me' in my avatar with my natural hair before half of it went bye off my head from medical issues.. I am way way way too white to pull off a #1 or even a #2; even a #4 is dark on my fair skin.  nothing to be done about that!

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:51am
Oh and I always buy 2 - 3 at a time. That is something else I do thatr might not be common.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

Huh.  Well, Printer_Ink, I had been using Wigsroyal nearly exclusively for a while, but in the past year I've felt quality has gone down and I've been disapointed.  The hair is still decent, but not as lasting for me as it used to be.  Maybe it shows up in my wigs more so, as I wear 18-20" units; I think you wear shorter?   But I mostly order virgin custom units that I color myself with the same professional products I have always used.  The biggest 'dog' I had from them was a unit processed into a natural curl; it died right quick.  The less processed I do better with.  but I still feel the hair has gone down in quality, and I still have huge variability with them in following directions (sometimes I get what I ask for sometimes not).   But mostly i just want *decent hair*!

I have been buying virgin Brazilian hair for a number of years now - maybe 5. Now this is not real Brazilian hair. It is Indian hair (I am sure) however the strains are much thinner than Indian Virgin or Chinese Virgin so think some Indian people just have thinner strained hair.

My units are EXACTLY the same every time ... except the few stock units I received. But when they are custom made .. they are the same. But I wear the same look everyday .. so i think the only thing I have changed over the years was I now order light brown lace.

I used to order 14 inches .. but I always cut them back .. so now I order 12 inch and still have to cut it back a to get the ROUND Afro look I like.

My brows and lashes have thin strains so this looks better against my face. And the hair is 'virgin' in terms of the color ... so something between a 1b and a 2 .. so the natural highlights make the unit look more real.

The only thing they do with these virgin units is to put the afro/curly or kinky/curly processing in it. By nature you have to watch how you take care of these units so I use the curly hair products and Argon oil, RELIGIOUSLY to keep them moist. Once they get dry .. they start to die though i can always bring them back to life.

If I wear the one unit EVERY DAY for 2 months straight .. I can tell I stress it out so then I gather it with other units and send it back to get re ventilated. This is because it sheds too much.

Now if I ROTATE these units .. they don't get stressed so much and I can send them back every 6 months to get more hair added.

I don't do anything to them but cut them and they are still good.

These are some examples of how I wear my hair.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/338403359471213159/
http://www.womensbeautylife.com/gallery/Black_hairstyles/Trendy_Afro_hairstyle_for_women#.U1-sVo2KA5s
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/395472411001103665/
http://ecstasymodels.tumblr.com/post/79476910613/*&%^$#@Eyeahdarkgirls-big-hips-big-hair-eddieammz

When I used to wear straight/wavy virgin Brazilian units I could wear a unit every day for 4 - 5 months before they lost too much density. Then I would sell them off.

So really Kinky/Afro type of hair IS high maintenance but I lovvvve the big afro look. If ever they get TOO kinky .. I use the silicon mix for a couple of washes and then go back to my regular curly girl deep conditioner.

But the hair quality and the cap, the lace everything else is perfect.

I think if you are dyeing the hair yourself .. you are shortening the life. Maybe this was fine in the past for you .. but maybe something has changed in their processing so now your home dying technique kindof kills it. It could be anything.

That's the only thing I can think …. unless you don't handle the, like 'fine lace'. If you use poor products, toss them around or sleep on them without wrapping them in silk etc .. these things will bit by bit cause them to go south. :(

Edited by Printer_Ink - Apr 29 2014 at 8:53am
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 7:14am
Well, from my research, I'd read that a lot of it has to do with the way they process the hair + bleaching. I'm currently am looking to get a yaki body wave because I wanted to go after that look that Beyonce used to rock like a decade ago. I figured it would be nice to have a wavy textured unit. Maybe I should just settle at just plain yaki and use my wand when necessary.

It is usually the hair or the cap construction that dies?
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 6:41am

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic