Inspirational Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspirational Stuff
    Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:35pm
Mother Theresa

"For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me"(Matt 25:42-43).

Mother Theresa gave her life to a service to the needs of the poor in Calcutta, India. She reveals in the following what she believers every believer in Jesus is called to do:

"It is not enough for us to say: "I love God," but I also have to love my neighbor. St. John says that you are a liar if you say you love God and you don't love your neighbor. How can you love God whom you do not see, if you do not love your neighbor whom you see, whom you touch, with whom you live? And so it is very important for us to realize that love, to be true, has to hurt. I must be willing to give whatever it takes not to harm other people and, in fact, to do good to them. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is not true love in me and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me."

It hurt Jesus to love us. We have been created in His image for greater things, to love and to be loved. We must "put on Christ" as Scripture tells us. And so, we have been created to love as He loves us. Jesus makes Himself the hungry one, the naked one, the homeless one, the unwanted one, and He says, "You did it to Me." On the last day He will say to those on His right, "whatever you did to the least of these, you did to Me, and He will also say to those on His left, whatever you neglected to do for the least of these, you neglected to do it for Me."

When He was dying on the Cross, Jesus said, "I thirst." Jesus is thirsting for our love, and this is the thirst of everyone, poor and rich alike. We all thirst for the love of others that they go out of their way to avoid harming us and to do good to us. This is the meaning of true love, to give until it hurts."

How might her words encourage you to do things differently?

thread

Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:32pm

Today's Topic: DON'T BE CONFUSED
Author: Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): 1 Corinthians 2:11-12
Today's Confession: Thank You, Father, for revealing to me Your path for my victory. Help me to be sensitive to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

Devotional:
"No one can know what anyone else is really thinking except that person alone, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And God has actually given us his Spirit (not the world's spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us" (1 Cor. 2:11-12, NLT).

THE MESSAGE tells us that the Spirit "brings out what God planned all along" (v. 10). Isn't that encouraging? One of the jobs of the Holy Spirit is to bring out or reveal what God had planned for you all along. It's His job to bring it out, but you have got to give Him some time. You've got to learn to be sensitive to Him.

Exodus 14:30 tells us, "The LORD saved Israel that day" (KJV). That's what He wants to do for you and me. He wants us to have the testimony that He saved us, delivered us and brought us through to victory.

Learn to line up your words and your thoughts with what God says. Don't focus on the circumstances; focus on fellowshiping with the Holy Spirit and endeavoring to be sensitive to His leadership. Ask Him to reveal to you God's plan. Ask Him to reveal to you the path to your victory. If you don't hear anything while praying and seeking God, don't give up. Keep on listening for Him day after day after day.

And let me make one more suggestion for you. Don't ever act out of confusion. God is not the author of confusion. If you are ever confused about going this way or going that way, taking this job or that job, moving here or moving there, then don't act just yet. God is the author of peace. If you do whatever you're going to do out of uncertainty, you are about to make a big mistake. You will make an even bigger mess of your situation. Wait patiently on the Holy Spirit. Wait for peace and then follow it.

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:29pm
Taking Risks

Demonstrating mature faith can seem like risky business. Perhaps God has called you to an assignment that made you say, "What? There's no way I could do that!" The truth is, however, that the Lord calls His followers to radical obedience every day. And when we hear Him speak, He expects us to act!
Just think about what the disciples in the boat must have thought in Matthew 14:22 "And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away.    23And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone."  When Peter stepped out onto the water: He's crazy! Somebody grab him! Nevertheless, Peter trusted the call of Christ.

Isn't it interesting that Peter had no trouble walking on the water until he took his eyes off Jesus? As long as his total focus was on Christ, he was fine. Yet, when he allowed himself to be distracted by human fears, he fell neck-deep in trouble - literally!

This demonstrates an important principle: When doubts prevent us from obeying God, we are doomed to failure. But when we step out in faith, God always assumes full responsibility for the consequences of our obedience.

The story of Peter's walk on the lake teaches us three things. First, we can trust that God will call us into challenging situations which force us to face our fears. Second, we are assured of the enduring presence of Christ, who stands ready to rescue us when we cry out to Him. Third, we know that the Spirit of God will never let us fall beyond His reach.
thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:23pm

Never Look Back

Never look back at the wrong you've done,
Because that wrong you can't undo.
Just look ahead at the goodness of God,
And he will bring joy to you.

Never look back at failures you've had,
Because they probably weren't failures at all.
Just realize you are made in the image of God-
Like a mountain you will stand tall.

Never look back at what you should have done-
On these thoughts your mind you should rid.
Just ask God to guide you day to day,
Then you can proudly say what you did.

Never look back at moments of pain,
Because the only one that will hurt is you.
Just keep your mind on the love of God,
And watch your gray skies turn blue.

Never look back at material lost,
Because nothing material ever lasts.
But the things that God will give to you,
Nothing material can surpass.

Never look back for what no longer exists,
Because you won't find it anywhere.
Just keep your eyes on the love of God-
Look around you it is always there.

-By Rev. Brown

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:21pm

The Character of Gossip

God hates gossip. He wants our speech to be pleasing to Him. He certainly doesn't consider idle talk or mean-spirited words pleasant as stated in Colossians 3:8 "But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.."

Sadly, gossip is practiced so freely that even some believers participate and try to justify their chatter. But hearsay has no place in a Christian's life. Romans 1 contains one of the Bible's longest lists of sins. The book's author, the apostle Paul, is reminding believers that God has revealed Himself to all mankind. Those who reject Him and chase after idols are turned over to their evil worship and the immoral practices that go with serving self.

Gossip appears in the middle of the list. God despises it because malicious talk destroys lives whether the stories are true or false. The person who is targeted by the rumor often loses the respect of those who listen to it. Hurt feelings may not be the only negative effect. A job or relationship could be lost as well.

Those spreading tales also face destructive consequences. People who refuse to control the tongue reveal evil motives or, at the very least, lack of discipline. As a result, believers and unbelievers will often avoid such untrustworthy individuals. For a Christian who spreads rumors, there's potential for even worse damage, in that such actions can harm fellowship with the Lord. Animosity toward another person and intimacy with God can not coexist in the same heart.

Gossip achieves no good in anyone's life, which is why the Lord warns against it. Instead, our words should build up, comfort, and encourage others.
Yield Not to Temptation

Matthew 26:41
"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:
the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2015 at 12:54pm

UNDERSTANDING ANXIETY

Throughout Scripture, the Lord gives us evidence that many people deal with anxiety, even those considered pillars of faith. For example, we can deduce from Acts 18:9And the Lord said to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent;  that the apostle Paul must have felt fear, since God instructed Him not to be afraid 'any longer'.

The fact that fear is common, however, does not mean it's from God. Of course, certain situations - like hearing a loud noise when we're alone - will trigger a frightened response. But the Lord doesn't want us to live with ongoing anxiety.

Common worries include the fear of death, poverty, illness, old age, criticism, and the loss of a loved one or something cherished. Why do we find it so hard to let go of our concerns, even when the Lord clearly states in Luke 12:7", 'Do not fear . . .'? you are more valuable than many sparrows.

Regardless of the cause, anxiety will take our eyes off our loving heavenly Father and focus our attention on our circumstances. No wonder God repeatedly reminds us not to fear. He wants His children to feel secure in His capability and trustworthiness.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2015 at 12:48pm

Strength Beyond Self

"Into every life a little rain must fall." So goes the familiar saying about the inevitability of hardship. But what if the rain turns into a torrential downpour like a life challenge that requires strength beyond what is humanly possible? The apostle Paul describes such a situation in his letter to the Corinthians. He wrote of an affliction that weighed so heavily on his heart and body that he didn't expect to survive.

Paul's approach to his problem, found in 2 Corinthians 1, still works today: "We would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead . . . and will deliver us". The strength that we need during trials is available through Jesus Christ, whose supernatural energy flows through every believer's mind, body, and spirit.

How does this happen? John 14:17 says that is the Spirit of truth, (whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you) says when someone receives Jesus as Savior, His Spirit comes to live inside the new believer. As a result of this -indwelling,- the power that Christ demonstrated while on earth prevails in those who now call upon Him for aid. However, for us to access His supernatural strength, we must trust His promise to supply what we need when we need it. As long as we attempt to muddle through using our own abilities, we will prevent His Spirit from unleashing divine help.

Jesus Christ's power is unleashed in our life when we acknowledge our helplessness. The effect is immediate. As soon as we surrender to the Lord, His might is working inside us so we can endure hardship while maintaining our joy and peace.

Be blessed , Debra
"Life is God's gift to you; what you become is your gift to Him."
Praying His Promises bless your day!
thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2015 at 5:08pm

Doing Things God's Way

I am the Way.
�John 14:6

Many people are hurting so badly, and they are crying out for help. The problem is, they are not willing to receive the help they need from God. No matter how much we may want or need help, we are never going to receive it until we are willing to do things God's way. In John 14:6, Jesus said, "I am the Way." What Jesus meant when He said, "I am the Way," is that He has a certain way of doing things; and if we will submit to His way, everything will work out for us.

But so often we wrestle and struggle with Him, trying to get Him to do things our way. It just won't work.  Too often people are trying to find some other way to get help rather than by doing things God's way.

The Bible plainly teaches that if we will learn and act on the Word, God will bless our lives. Let me give you an example. The Bible teaches that we are to live in harmony and peace with others and to forgive those who have done us wrong. If we refuse to do that, what hope do we have of receiving what we need?

There may have been a time when the Lord told you to go to your (husband or wife) and tell them you were sorry for being rebellious against them.  You may have thought you would die on the spot! Then you realize that one reason we don't always do what we are told to do in the Word of God is because it is hard.

If we don't do what we can do, then God won't do what we can't do. If we will do what we can do, God will do what we can't do. It's just that simple.

thread 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2015 at 5:03pm
Today's Topic: Let Patience Be Perfected
Author: Jerry Savelle
Devotional:

I want to encourage you today to listen to God and don't get sidetracked. Don't be like the children of Israel and wander around in circles for 40 years when you don't have to. They could have crossed that desert in 40 days; but because they weren't willing to obey God, it took them 40 years.

Many Christians do the same thing. They feel strong in the Lord on Sunday, but by Wednesday, they're saying things like, "This faith stuff doesn�t work." You have to be single-minded in order for the law of progression to work for you. You can't be looking for excuses to give up.

"Count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing" (Jas. 1:2-4, KJV). James told us to be patient so that it could have her 'perfect work.' Patience works hand in hand with the law of progression.

When you are standing on the authority of God's Word, there are opportunities for you to cast your faith aside. There are opportunities for you to draw back. There are opportunities for you to give up. But you have to remain patient. You start out by confessing God's Word. You believe; you receive. You act on the Word. You continually feed your spirit. You remain constant and add patience to your faith. The Bible says that if you let patience have her perfect work, you will want for nothing.

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2015 at 4:44pm

This,  Too, Shall Pass

And it shall come to pass.   
�Genesis 4:14 (KJV)

In the beginning chapters of the book of Genesis we see a prophetic word that things will "come to pass." In fulfillment of this word, the expression "it came to pass" is used hundreds of times throughout the King James Version of the Bible. For example, in Genesis 39 (KJV), which describes some of Joseph's experiences in Egypt where he was sold into slavery and rose to second in command of the entire nation, the phrase "and it came to pass" appears eight times. The last book of the Bible, Revelation, speaks of "things which must shortly come to pass" (See Revelation 1:1 KJV).

That should tell us in this life whatever exists now, or will exist in the future, is not permanent but temporary. The good news is, no matter how dismal our current situation or outlook, we are assured by God, "This too shall pass."

Life is a continual process in which everything is constantly changing. If we can grasp that truth, it will help us make it through the difficult times in which we find ourselves. It will also help us not to hold on too tightly to the good times, thinking, If I ever lose all this, I just can't make it.

God wants us to enjoy all of life�not just its destination but also the trip itself.
thread
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
TheGoodHair.com
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon