Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspirational Stuff
    Posted: Mar 13 2016 at 1:24pm

How to Love Others

Jesus told his disciples, "In everything . . . treat people the same way you want them to treat you". Most of us refer to this code of conduct as the 'Golden Rule.'

In theory, we'd probably agree this is a good foundation for a healthy relationship. But, it's tough to live up to such a standard. If we made a list of the ways we hope to be treated and compared it with our own behavior, we'd likely fall short.

And of course, it's easy to love when others are treating us well. But how do we respond when their behavior is hurtful or unpleasant?

The truth is, Jesus meant for us to love others all the time, not just when they're lovable. Regardless of their attitude toward us, we're to think about the relationship qualities we value: like loyalty, trust, encouragement, forgiveness, acceptance, and protection. Let these flow from us in their direction.

Unfortunately, our society breeds selfishness, greed, and pride, which are enemies of the love Jesus commanded. But when we care for others in the way the Lord prescribes, relationships can deepen and thrive. Treating others with this kind of love isn't natural or easy, especially when people are unkind. In fact, loving as Jesus commanded is impossible on our own. But when we trust Christ as Savior, the Holy Spirit empowers us and lives His life through us.

Take time to list the ways you hope others will treat you. Now ask, Is that how I treat people? Pray for God to reveal one area where He will help you apply the Golden Rule.

Matthew 22: 37And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'   38"This is the great and foremost commandment.   39"The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.'"

Be blessed , Debra
"Life is God's gift to you; what you become is your gift to Him."
Praying His Promises bless your day!
thread
Sponsored Links

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2016 at 1:19pm

Today's Topic: Passionate People Get there Needs Met
Verse(s): Psalms 37:4
Today's Confession: I'm going to give more attention to the Lord and less attention to the problem.

Devotional:
The more attention you give to someone or something the more passionate you become about it.
When I was in college at Texas Tech University I became passionate about Texas Tech football I mean we lived and breathed Red Raider football games. I wasn't that way before I went there but once I went to college there it consumed me because I gave so much attention to it. I mean, every football game we were the first ones there. We had red and black paint on our faces. We knew all the players, all their numbers, the scores. We traveled to the away games we were passionate about Texas Tech football.

Well the more attention we gave to it the more passionate we became and everybody around me was passionate so it was easy to become passionate. It can be the same way with God the more attention you give to the Lord the more passionate you become. The less attention we give to God the less passion we have for Him. Passion for God doesn't just come naturally because there are so many things that are fighting for our attention in our lives. It's a decision we have to make. We have to choose to become passionate about God. And when we look to other people to give us only what God can give us I'm telling you we are headed for a miserable life. When we begin to look to other people to comfort us all the time, to strengthen us, to give us direction for our lives, to meet our needs spirit, soul, and body,  all that stuff, we are headed for a miserable life. God is the only one who can comfort you twenty four hours a day. He's the only one who can give you peace in your mind when everything around you is falling apart. We have to on purpose by a decision choose to give Him attention.

Years ago I was not passionate about God. I loved Him with all my heart I've never stopped loving the Lord. I've always gone to church but I can't say that I was passionate about God. It wasn't a goal to be passionate but I was at a state of desperation. I wasn't passionate I was desperate and you know what - God responds to desperation. I was desperate for peace. I knew that God is the God of Peace, Jesus is our Prince of Peace so I knew that I had better start seeking Him if I wanted peace. It was a decision of desperation but I had to make myself give Him more attention today than I did yesterday and that meant going to church faithfully. I had to start somewhere. Read more of the Word today than I did yesterday. Hear more Word on a CD today than I did yesterday. That's giving Him more attention. And the more attention I began to give Him passion began to ignite in me. It just came naturally.

"Change what you give attention to and your desires will change." 

thread
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 10:04pm
Topic: God is in love w/ YOU!
    Posted: 02 Jun 2009 at 7:13am

Originally posted by kingdom kid kingdom kid wrote:

Good Morning family. My inspirational sripture today is from Psalms 139. God is so in love with us that my mind can't even fathom why. LOL! Tongue I hope this blesses you all and encourages those who feel unloved and unwanted. If no body loves and wants you, God does, and who is liken unto our God, Nobody! If He declares you are worthy, then it's a done deal.

Originally posted by PrettySassi PrettySassi wrote:

amen , its hard for mw to have a bad day... not all days are perfect but when i think about how much the lord loves  me it seriously makes me feel so much better he loves meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBig%20smile and all of you just the same

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 29 2016 at 10:05pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 9:58pm

The Blessings of Others

If we responded simply out of our natural impulses, we would probably be nice when people were kind. At other times, though, we would likely be vengeful, angry, or hurtful.

Jesus clearly teaches us to love even when those around us seem unlovable. And He lived out what He taught. Christ loved us enough to die for us while we were still sinners. Surely, out of gratitude for what He did and with His strength, we, as His followers, can love others.

While it's hard to respond to unkindness with love, such godly behavior can lead to great blessing.

First, the Father is pleased. This realization should bring His children joy, peace, and a sense of accomplishment. Next, believers ought to feel excitement and anticipation to watch how God will move in the relationship. Finally, there will be an awareness the Holy Spirit is working from within, enabling divine love to flow through yielded human lives.

John 13:35 tells of an important benefit. Jesus said, "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." Since unconditional godly love is uncommon in our world, people will notice.

Treating others as we want to be treated is what builds the deep, satisfying connections that all people desire. Without significant relationships, life lacks meaning -regardless of how many possessions or acquaintances we have. So think about the people you come in contact with throughout the week. Are you treating them the way that Jesus modeled?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 9:51pm
Clap

When We Feel Frustrated

Many people have seasons of frustration in life. Some feel hindered from achieving goals. The natural reaction is to blame circumstances or individuals instead of ourselves. External forces may trigger unhappiness. Sometimes we make changes to avoid irritation like quitting a job, ending friendships, or moving away. But we can not find genuine peace that way.

When we feel frustrated, we need to investigate the cause. Discontent has three internal roots. One is not being able to accept ourselves as we were created. Our talents, personality, and physical attributes may not be what we desire. But, they are exactly what we need to follow God's will for our life. Dwelling on what we lack or what we would change distracts us from service.

A second internal root for frustration is an unwillingness to deal with our past. We may have painful memories or recall mistakes that brought heartache. We need to admit their impact. Then we can confront any resulting emotional or psychological issues to move on in peace.

The final source of frustration is a refusal to deal with behaviors or attitudes that are outside the Lord's will. Holding on to an ungodly action often makes us try to justify ourselves to our Father and others.

The human solution for frustration by changing external situations will fail every time. The only way to end frustration is by relying on God for the strength to cope with its source.

God's Provisions
Philippians 4:10But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity.  11Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  12I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.  13I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/when-we-feel-frustrated_topic194489.html

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 29 2016 at 9:52pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 9:46pm
Topic: The Lord Watches Over Us
    Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 7:06am

Psalms 121I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Isreal wiil neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever.

I love this psalms soooo much. it brings tears to my eyes and the bold just give me so much joy and peace. The Father and Creator all all things perfect watches ove our lives. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!! Glory be to God! I pray this gives you all encouragment today. You are not alone, ever, for watches over your life. Have a Blessed Day family.

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 29 2016 at 9:48pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2016 at 9:44pm
The Unconditional Love of God

New believers may find it difficult to accept the fact that God loves us just as we are. Much of the world operates by conditional love, which offers approval and acceptance on the basis of performance. So when we first come to Christ, there is often a natural tendency to assume we must strive to "deserve" our blessings, such as monetary wealth, loving families, and solid careers.

Divine love, however, can never be earned by human effort. There is absolutely nothing we can do to make God love us more or to influence Him to stop loving us. (Romans 5:8But God (demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ;1 John 4:8The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. ) Many believers understand this intellectually but have trouble believing it deep down in their heart.

No matter what has occurred in your past or what you feel right now, the Father's love has always been freely given to you. God pours His love upon us without exception- no ifs, ands, or buts. He did not begin to love you at the moment you invited Him into your life. Nor did He begin to love you when you first started going to church or when you rose from the baptismal waters. In truth, God never "began" to love you at all; He imply always has. From the creation of the world, God knew you and loved you.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2015 at 1:38am
Today's Topic: The Problem with Being Discouraged
Author: Jerry Savelle
Today's Confession: I will be strong and courageous because God is always with me!

Devotional:
Today I want to talk to you about discouragement. How many times have you read in the Bible the words "Be of good courage"? Discouragement is the opposite of that. In fact, God told Joshua to not be discouraged four times after he took the place of Moses in leading Israel. To be of good courage means "the attitude, response or ability to face and deal bravely and fearlessly with anything recognized as being difficult, painful and even dangerous without withdrawing from it."

Many times you hear of courage described by what people do in dangerous situations. That's how God wants His people to be. In every situation put before you that could prove difficult or even be dangerous, God wants you to stand fearlessly and without withdrawing from it. That's the reason He told us to resist the devil. He didn't say that when we experience great difficulty we are to run like the wind.

In Ephesians 6:10-18, Paul talks about the spiritual armor that God wants us to put on. Notice that it's all worn on the front of the body. There is no weapon for the backside because we're not in the business of retreating. It's about moving forward. Paul never mentions backing off. He never mentions taking on the attitude of a coward.

Being discouraged also means having a lack of confidence. Have you ever gone along real well in your journey of faith, confessing the Word and being full of joy, and then a bad report comes your way? There's a tendency to pay close attention to it. If you start dwelling on that bad report, it will drop down into your spirit, and then your confidence in God will be lost.

The first thing that happens when you get discouraged is that you start doubting God. When you doubt God, then you doubt His Word. You say things that are contrary to what God says. When you're discouraged, you quit saying, "The joy of the Lord is my strength and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." When you are discouraged, you talk what the devil says; and when this happens, you are headed for a shipwreck.

Discouragement is a destroyer of faith. Psalm 31 tells what happens when you start doubting God. "For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes" (Ps. 31:22, KJV). In their discouragement, a lot people say things like this: "I don't know why God never answers my prayers." Don't allow yourself to talk like that. Cast those thoughts down and speak what God says. He says that He will never forsake you.

Today you need to hope in the Lord and refuse to become discouraged. God rewards those who remain confident.

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2015 at 1:29am
Overcoming Anxiety

By Charles Stanley

READ | Isaiah 41:10-14

Fear is a powerful emotion. It shows up without warning, tends to dominate our thoughts, and does not depart quickly. But as Christians, we have an even more powerful weapon to stop anxiety from overcoming us - the Word of God.

When anxiety strikes, key truths can help us stand firm. First, remember that God is sovereign over all circumstances and people (1 Chron. 29:11). When He decides to act, no leader, army, or nation can stand against Him. We may not understand why certain things happen, but we can know for sure that our Lord is still in control.

Next, keep in mind the promise that He causes all things to work for the good of those who love Him (Rom 8:28). Just as the Father orchestrated the events of Jesus - life, death, and resurrection to accomplish our salvation, He also works circumstances for our good and His glory. The disciples didn't comprehend what Jesus was telling them about the future; nor could they initially see how His dying was beneficial. But in the end, they understood that God had carried out His plan of redemption through the crucifixion and resurrection.

We may be in the midst of hard times and wondering where the good is. Do not lose hope. God is sovereign and true to every one of His promises (2 Cor. 1:20).

Verses that proclaim God's sovereignty can help us overcome fear (Ps. 22:27,28). Studying the lives of saints like Abraham, Joseph, and the apostle Paul will remind us that God is mighty and He can use difficulties to bring about gain. As we believe His Word, our anxiety will be replaced by His divine peace (Gal. 5:22).

thread

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2015 at 2:35pm
Mother Theresa

"For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me"(Matt 25:42-43).

Mother Theresa gave her life to a service to the needs of the poor in Calcutta, India. She reveals in the following what she believers every believer in Jesus is called to do:

"It is not enough for us to say: "I love God," but I also have to love my neighbor. St. John says that you are a liar if you say you love God and you don't love your neighbor. How can you love God whom you do not see, if you do not love your neighbor whom you see, whom you touch, with whom you live? And so it is very important for us to realize that love, to be true, has to hurt. I must be willing to give whatever it takes not to harm other people and, in fact, to do good to them. This requires that I be willing to give until it hurts. Otherwise, there is not true love in me and I bring injustice, not peace, to those around me."

It hurt Jesus to love us. We have been created in His image for greater things, to love and to be loved. We must "put on Christ" as Scripture tells us. And so, we have been created to love as He loves us. Jesus makes Himself the hungry one, the naked one, the homeless one, the unwanted one, and He says, "You did it to Me." On the last day He will say to those on His right, "whatever you did to the least of these, you did to Me, and He will also say to those on His left, whatever you neglected to do for the least of these, you neglected to do it for Me."

When He was dying on the Cross, Jesus said, "I thirst." Jesus is thirsting for our love, and this is the thirst of everyone, poor and rich alike. We all thirst for the love of others that they go out of their way to avoid harming us and to do good to us. This is the meaning of true love, to give until it hurts."

How might her words encourage you to do things differently?

thread

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Gear Best
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
HairCanada.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic