BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

yes or no for this full lace wig?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
josiebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josiebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yes or no for this full lace wig?
    Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:04pm
Looks really pretty but alupiexpress is such a gamble with wigs. I have yet to take a leap. I want a bob wig but all the pics are stolen [EMAIL= ][/EMAIL]
Sponsored Links

achampongadjoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achampongadjoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 6:46pm
Lovely Wig!! Have you researched the vendor?
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2014 at 4:20am
thanks Elise..i will try to wean off of it...LOLLOL
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 9:48pm
Printer_Ink thanks for the tip on Centrum. That's what I take for my multi-vitamin. Looks like I'll be changing my multi's. Solgar is a very good brand. I know I guy who use to work for the company and he touted that brand. You may want to try unsulphered blackstrap molasses. It's a significant source of iron, calcium and potassium. I take a spoonful if my iron is low and wash it down with orange juice to help it absorb. My system cannot tolerate iron pills/b12 supplements. Thanks for the added info!

@DiorShowgirl…  Try not to stay on the HRT too long and wean yourself off if you can. The cream I suggested is pretty good. After using it awhile, it does help with the hot flashes. It will get better as time goes on. Now and then, I still get the hot flashes but nothing like it use to be. My sleeping is a lot better, the mood swings, memory loss has also been better than before. 

Hang in there! Smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 5:28pm
oh yeah i order my vitamins from a place called Puritan's Pride.....i also get my eye vitamins from there also...Hair vitamins too...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by elisa elisa wrote:

Welcome to the club ladies! Yes, I'm part of the menopause club. I take NO HRT drugs and rely on less stress, take Evening Primrose or Borage oil and the paraben-free emerita phytoestrogen body cream with black cohosh. This has really helped me with the hot flashes. It use to be worse, but through some research I found the following to help. I also notice when I'm under the gun at work, the hot flashes reappear. So I try to relax.

As far as hair growth, check your vitamin D levels. For some reason, low vit. D low levels seem to hit the AA community the most and it impedes hair growth. Stock-up on your vitamin B's, and C's and D's. BioSil vit. is also a good supplement to take for your hair, skin and nails. Also check your thyroid.

A couple of years ago, I thought my hair was growing slow till I found out my thyroid was sluggish and my Vitamin D levels were low. My GP put me on thyroid meds and 25000 IU of Vit.D once a week till my level was corrected. No problems with existing hair growth.

Love the unit you selected DiorShowGirl. i just ordered from Aliexpress a unit similar to yours and its pretty close to the picture shown on the site I ordered from. I got a 16" and will probably cut some layers to frame my face. it will be  my Summer do! For the price I paid, its a good deal! Smile

i've tried the whole natural remedies for menopause and zero results...had to resort to calling the doctor and well so far all is good...i might get them in a very slight minute instance but at least i can sleep and function before i went into menopause...i was so missing my period that much cause i knew i wouldn't be having those hot flashes..

i will have to try the VIT D and see how that goes...thx ladies and thx for liking the posted unit..
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 5:21pm
WOW those side effects sound similar to mine...is there a dosage that is severely low enough to start u out on? oh my Printer Ink...never even heard of that brand for menopause symptoms 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 5:17am
Oh yes! Actually I was having a series of troubling symptoms for quite some time - problem with my hair as well and after a zillion blood tests .. in the end .. come to find I had a SEVERE Vitamin D deficiency!

This is common for Black people the world over because:

- though our dark skin protects us from the sun so we don't wrinkle (AT ALL)
- our dark skin also blocks our absorption of Vit. D so we need double the amount of exposure to the sun as White people or we will have a shortage! So for Black, Indian .. people of color we should try to get 30 minutes a day in the sun.

So I take liquid Vit D - 50,000 iu (I think iu) but some unit of measurement - every 2 weeks in my yogurt.

They thought my parathyroid was off ... long story .. but that turned out to be good.

I take this series of stuff - vit B12, Vit D and iron .. and on my own I take a (high quality like 'Solgar brand) http://www.solgar.com/

... a daily Multivitamin, vit. E, vit C, Omega 3, Calcium and Mag. every day.

The brand is important because brands like Centrum have cheap fillers in the vitamins to bring the cost down ... but they do not do you much good.

Vitamins are important ladies .. or you will have alll sorts of problems that you don't understand that will only get worse over time.

Oh and Elissa I will try your Evening Primrose or Borage oil and the paraben-free emerita phytoestrogen body cream with black cohosh' Thanks!

Edited by Printer_Ink - Apr 26 2014 at 5:31am
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 4:37pm
Welcome to the club ladies! Yes, I'm part of the menopause club. I take NO HRT drugs and rely on less stress, take Evening Primrose or Borage oil and the paraben-free emerita phytoestrogen body cream with black cohosh. This has really helped me with the hot flashes. It use to be worse, but through some research I found the following to help. I also notice when I'm under the gun at work, the hot flashes reappear. So I try to relax.

As far as hair growth, check your vitamin D levels. For some reason, low vit. D low levels seem to hit the AA community the most and it impedes hair growth. Stock-up on your vitamin B's, and C's and D's. BioSil vit. is also a good supplement to take for your hair, skin and nails. Also check your thyroid.

A couple of years ago, I thought my hair was growing slow till I found out my thyroid was sluggish and my Vitamin D levels were low. My GP put me on thyroid meds and 25000 IU of Vit.D once a week till my level was corrected. No problems with existing hair growth.

Love the unit you selected DiorShowGirl. i just ordered from Aliexpress a unit similar to yours and its pretty close to the picture shown on the site I ordered from. I got a 16" and will probably cut some layers to frame my face. it will be  my Summer do! For the price I paid, its a good deal! Smile

Edited by elisa - Apr 25 2014 at 4:39pm
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 7:12am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

yes those hotflashes were killing me..i mean at one point I had to literally stop wearing makeup, those hot flashes got that bad..sweat just rising up out on my face, my body sweating...

I tried over the counter ..soy, black cohosh, isoflavones, the whole shabang and nothing..so I had to resort to going to the ob/gyn and well i really hesitated on taking them cause the side effects sounded worse than the hot flashes...

so now i sleep soundly at night and wearing my makeup againBig smileBig smileBig smile

ur lucky to live where everyone is covered...

yep it is no one else's business ..

now to get my unit and i am good to go...Big smileBig smileBig smileThumbs Up

Wow your hotflashes are worse than mine... but yes I can sweat in a heartbeat but I wear Mac powder which is no so heavy sooo I can manage.

I have female doctor now who has just given me Clonidine to help with the hotflashes .. but I am afraid of the side effects - see below.

We will see!

For the Consumer

Applies to clonidine: oral suspension extended release, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release

Other dosage forms:
•epidural injectable, epidural solution
•transdermal patch extended release

Along with its needed effects, clonidine may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.

Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking clonidine:
Less common •Mental depression
•swelling of the feet and lower legs
Rare •Anxiety
•blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
•chest pain or discomfort
•confusion as to time, place, or person
•decreased urine output
•dilated neck veins
•drowsiness
•dry mouth
•fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat or pulse
•fever
•general feeling of discomfort or illness
•holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by fact
•hyperventilation
•irregular breathing
•irritability
•itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
•large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
•lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
•mental depression
•paleness or cold feeling in the fingertips and toes
•pounding, slow heartbeat
•problems in urination or increase in the amount of urine
•raised red swellings on the skin, lips, tongue, or in the throat
•restlessness
•seeing or hearing things that are not there
•shaking
•shortness of breath
•skin rash
•swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs
•tightness in the chest
•tingling or pain in the fingers or toes when exposed to cold
•trouble with sleeping
•troubled breathing
•unusual excitement, nervousness, or restlessness
•unusual tiredness or weakness
•vivid dreams or nightmares
•weight gain
•wheezing

Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking clonidine:
Symptoms of overdose •Dizziness (extreme) or faintness
•feeling cold
•pinpoint pupils of the eyes
•unusual tiredness or weakness (extreme)

Some side effects of clonidine may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
More common •Constipation
Less common •Darkening of the skin
•decreased sexual ability
•dry, itching, or burning eyes
•loss of appetite
•nausea or vomiting
Rare •Blurred vision
•decreased interest in sexual intercourse
•hair loss or thinning of the hair
•inability to have or keep an erection
•leg cramps
•loss in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance