Angkor Cambodian Hair

Wash and Gos/Curl defining on a TWA

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wash and Gos/Curl defining on a TWA
    Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 12:50am
^^So I should just spritz water ? I've never found this to be enough for my hair
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:46pm
well when you apply a cream or oil on top it can cause a bit more frizz because the cast of the gel is getting diluted. especially if you put a cream.Your hair will stay sealed so long as the cast is there. the cast will hold the moisture of the conditioner on your hair for 3 days. And after that it's relying on moisture retained in the cortex.  I would avoid spritzing glycerin over gel because of it's astringent and humectant properties. it will further reduce the cast, and your curls wont be as held. this can lead to tangles and frizz. Not to mention depending on the dew point or climate, cause moisture loss.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 2:11pm
Hey pinkecube

yes, I meant second day hair (and third, if possible?) My stylist said I could keep the style for 10 days but I don't see how I can do that and keep my hair properly moisturized and sealed at the same time.

Did my hair yesterday and today I applied my usual moisturizer (Qhemet biologics amla and olive oil cream) but it sort of messed up the curl pattern and created frizz.

I guess I'll spritz it on the second day from now on like you suggested (with water/glycerin) and redo the whole curl defining process on the third day. Hopefully the water/glycerin mix won't disturb the curls too much on the second day.

I think Qhemet was more appropriate when my hair was longer...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 20 2014 at 2:13pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Once you have shampooed and defined your curls on wash day, what can you use to moisturize the hair without disturbing the pattern?
I'd like to avoid excessive raking/pulling/manipulation because I do plan on growing out that hair and I want the style to remain a few days, but at the same time I'm used to moisturizing at least every 2 days. I don't like when my twa is fuzzy.

Do you mean second day hair. if you are stretching the wash and go to second day, just respritz or rewet and shake. it isn't going to moisturize your hair though. its just going to unsmush it, its more like refreshing. Sometimes i dont find the need to rewet it. i mainly rewet if my hair is very smushed. raking and smoothing is done when you have slip. this not only detangles the hair, it pulls out shed hairs. if your hair is 2 inches or more you should be doing that. Really focus on the smoothing, because you can't just rake through shrunken hair. It has to be pulled taut and then you gradually rake, and pinch and slide shed hair out. This is what you do on the first day. Once your hair is dry with gel, it sets into that detangled state, so the tangles don't appear. It's important to rake because hair clumps can clump into a tangle or stick together in overly large clumps when not properly raked and separated

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 20 2014 at 1:47pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:25pm
OK. I've searched the net and people seem to redo the raking/smoothing every day.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 12:46pm
Once you have shampooed and defined your curls on wash day, what can you use to moisturize the hair without disturbing the pattern?
I'd like to avoid excessive raking/pulling/manipulation because I do plan on growing out that hair and I want the style to remain a few days, but at the same time I'm used to moisturizing at least every 2 days. I don't like when my twa is fuzzy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic