FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Mad Men: The Final Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mad Men: The Final Season
    Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 9:38am
From what i remember of last season, after Joan slept her way into the Jaguar acct, the partners were going to take the agency public, but Don was still angry at the guy Joan slept with so during dinner with their wives, Don fired jaguar and Joan has been pissed off at him since then coz she whore'd herself for nothing and they lost millions. But Don didnt know the other partners were planning on taking the agency public, so when he killed the jaguar acct Roger got them Chevy to make up for jaguar...only for Don to fucc up the Hershey acct last season finale and finally get himself fired. Don was a hot mess season 6 LOL

Peggy is indeed becoming bitter, esp after Ted left her high and dry and ran off to Calif. The finale with her and that her neighbor's son was sad, all men seem to leave her. Her acting is awesome though, she nailed it this season.

Betty was in like only 3 episodes, I died at "I'm not dumb, I speak Italian!", when is she going to leave Francis, he's as fun as watching paint dry. But there will be no Betty-Don reunion, not after she said that looking back Don is the kind of man an anthropologist would marry, she's beyond him. I liked their tryst last season when they took Bobby to camp and was hoping they would continue cheating on their spouses with each other LOL

Yeah MW needs to address Joan and Roger...and Peggy and Pete's child, he's like 10yrs old somewhere, did Peggy's sister adopt him or he was left at the orphanage?
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:35pm
the last 2 episodes definitely picked it up for me.  
i couldn't warm up to the iciness Peggy, Joan, and the others were giving to Don.  Why is Joan so pissed?  Don told her not to sleep with the Jaguar guy and they were going to lose Jaguar for Chevy anyway...but then i remember SO little about the last season because of the big break that i think i may be missing something...i just feel like all of a sudden we have so many names coming up in conversation that i can't place...then ppl are in Detroit, L.A., all over

what i liked most about the show, aside from the early 60s vibe, was the interaction in the work place with everyone and that's all but gone aside from partner meetings.  

i miss Peggy's old personality.  i think she's become too bitter harpy for me but i'll ride with her.  I like Pete more now too.

thank GOOOODDDDDD Megan is gone.  once she went to L.A. i was hoping it would be over fast.  I need more Betty, I look forward to Betty scenes.  she's shady as hell and her looks kill me.

I enjoyed the commune scene with Roger and his daughter...he's a good guy at the end of the day, but the thing with Joan is so unresolved.

and for the love of God, get rid of those guys who merged with the agency, whatever their names are...Ted and the other.

Edited by ms_wonderland - May 31 2014 at 11:18pm
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 12:28pm
i liked the last 3 episodes of this season. Bert got a nice sendoff. Roger got the wakeup call he needed and is no longer passive, though i love the lsd & orgies' Roger. I cackled when he slammed the door in Harry's face at the last partners meeting.

Peggy and Don of Season 1/2 are back. Their father-daughter, mentor-protege dynamic is awesome. The Sinatra dance they did was touching. I liked Pete this season too, he was not as smarmy as usual.

Fucc Joan, with her hoity toity ass. She wont forgive Don for the jaguar deal, get over it Joan.

Thank you white Jesus that Megan is off the show, i was hoping that marriage died at end of season 6 but Mathew Weiner kept shoving her down our throats.

Betts and Sally still have one of the best dysfunctional mother-daughter relationships on tv LOL

I'm still hoping the show ends in 1969. It's July so hopefully Megan gets killed off by the Manson family in August Pinch
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 10:14am
we need to talk about this.

I'm confused and resenting the direction of the show a bit.

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:08pm
Didn't they have a black Exec at one time? What happened to him?

Yeah...the 70's gear I don't love as much.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 10:00pm
aah Don pulling the strings behind the scenes through his mouthpiece all along LOL
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:28pm
Pete's hairline runs from him each year Cry
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:24pm
I'll be watching
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:21pm
I'll prob watch it tomorrow.

Im leaning towards Megan BC she fits the Sharon Tate profile, but I also think there is a chance she could commit suicide. I want to see more Sally and Glen. Glen seems like the kind that would join a cult and Sally would follow.

I would love to see more of Dawn and more black ppl in general, bit udl if that will happen.

Sometimes I hate this show BC there are never any spoilers and I love spoilers.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 9:08pm
Roger living it up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic