BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Church flow....how far do you go?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Church flow....how far do you go?
    Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Get involved its fun but set boundaries!

I forgot to mention this but yes! Yes! and YES! People may feel like because you are single and don't have kids...you have nothing but time. please do not be that person unless you want to. 
Sponsored Links

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Thank you for your response! ;). Do you mind elaborating on 'church politics' bc that is one if the things that worry me. What sorts of things occur?

I know this was directed at sugabanana but I'll respond to this.

Basically you are more than likely going to get mixture of people involved and with that comes all kinds of communication issues and personalities.  In the church I grew up in for example, my dad was on a finance committee and was really by the book.  Others in that particular group didn't see things that way so they would bend rules to varying degrees and various levels of ethical standing.  Because of the specifics involved, it got really stressful for my dad and he ended up having to stop doing it.  The root problem of that was leadership so I would defiantly make sure that there is structure and leadership is about doing the right thing in a Godly manner.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:45pm
I went as far as assistant youth leader. Was on path to becoming a minister. The pastors were going to send me to a bible college.

Glad I got out of there.
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 1:35pm
Lolol. Ok. U r right
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:19pm
Brownie the politics should be the least of your problems. Get in there girl and find your talent. The youth can get so lost trying to fit in with the world and the church.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:06pm
Get involved its fun but set boundaries!
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Sure I am. I would encourage anyone that goes to a church as a member to
get involved. You will feel a sense of belonging. Now don't get me
wrong there will be church politics but your focus is not about the
politics but about your calling. You may have a gift that needs to be
used. That's how I see it.

There are different departments and
ministries in the church so try one out and see what you like. I'm part
of the kids dance ministry. You know that teenage age range where they

Thank you for your response! ;). Do you mind elaborating on 'church politics' bc that is one if the things that worry me. What sorts of things occur? Any examples
are unruly and going through puberty I use that avenue to keep them
occupied and show their talents. The kids have SKILLS that are truly untapped.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Sure I am. I would encourage anyone that goes to a church as a member to get involved. You will feel a sense of belonging. Now don't get me wrong there will be church politics but your focus is not about the politics but about your calling. You may have a gift that needs to be used. That's how I see it.

There are different departments and ministries in the church so try one out and see what you like. I'm part of the kids dance ministry. You know that teenage age range where they are unruly and going through puberty I use that avenue to keep them occupied and show their talents. The kids have SKILLS that are truly untapped.
 I agree   . I take young girls shopping and sing in the choir .
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:26am
Sure I am. I would encourage anyone that goes to a church as a member to get involved. You will feel a sense of belonging. Now don't get me wrong there will be church politics but your focus is not about the politics but about your calling. You may have a gift that needs to be used. That's how I see it.

There are different departments and ministries in the church so try one out and see what you like. I'm part of the kids dance ministry. You know that teenage age range where they are unruly and going through puberty I use that avenue to keep them occupied and show their talents. The kids have SKILLS that are truly untapped.
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 11:04am
I tutor every week as a part of my churches tutorial ministry.  Joining a ministry is a good way to get to know people, as well as, to give back.  I've also done volunteer work with the young adult ministry, and hung out with the singles ministry.  I plan to join the choir...just haven't gotten around to doing it.   
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic