Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Makeup and new boo question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makeup and new boo question
    Posted: Mar 27 2014 at 1:47am
I don't really know anything about makeup, so the men who fell in love with me, usually met me barefaced and then eventually I would put on some mascara, lip gloss, maybe blush on my cheeks and that's it.
I think all women should use minimal amount of makeup, because makeup is to enhance your beauty, not to make you beautiful. Big difference.
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I usually do it in reverse. I've learned that men prefer to see me in as less makeup as possibly then we get serious, they don't really mind when I go full glam. For first dates, its simple makeup....then if they come over to my home for dinner (or there place)..its even less makeup...then its barefaced. (i got my brows permanently done - BEST BEAUTY investment ever!)

oooo, tell me more about that....do you need to get it refreshed every few years, etc?

Yes you do need to get it refreshed. I got mine done in late 2012 so I'll probably go back next year to get it done. Its not that bad, you have about 2 weeks were you cannot wear any eye makeup and after that you're fine. I got mine filled in with a black-brown color. They have all shades but usually suggest using a shade lighter than whatever color you currently use to fill it in. 

Also keep in mind, I still use a pencil to fill my brows in for a more defined look. I had this done intentionally because I can still alter the shape of my brows with make up. You don't want them to do it EXACTLY to shape and width of your "full face" brows because you will not be able to change it once its done. Right now, full brows are in however next year...the trend could go back to thinner brows. You want to be able to adjust, especially if you like to play with makeup looks. 

hmmm...sounds cool
It doesnt have a shiny painted on look to it though?
pebbles251 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pebbles251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:58am
It all depends...I have acne scars issues so yes I wear makeup sometimes but very light makeup. I dont even know how to contour and all that stuff. I have nice lash and brows so in the morning i just wash my face and moisturize it before ole boy wakes up:)

However, I have a friend who use make up to straighten her nose and use the false lash and eybrow pencil plus lots of foundation. She is a very pretty girl but the make up gives her a barbie doll look.
my boy came home with us one night and we both went to the bath room to wash our face...when she came out and he saw her he asked me what happen to my friends face because she looks different he was turned off by it.
Yes some men notice that stuff....she is now with a wonderful man who could care less.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I usually do it in reverse. I've learned that men prefer to see me in as less makeup as possibly then we get serious, they don't really mind when I go full glam. For first dates, its simple makeup....then if they come over to my home for dinner (or there place)..its even less makeup...then its barefaced. (i got my brows permanently done - BEST BEAUTY investment ever!)

oooo, tell me more about that....do you need to get it refreshed every few years, etc?

Yes you do need to get it refreshed. I got mine done in late 2012 so I'll probably go back next year to get it done. Its not that bad, you have about 2 weeks were you cannot wear any eye makeup and after that you're fine. I got mine filled in with a black-brown color. They have all shades but usually suggest using a shade lighter than whatever color you currently use to fill it in. 

Also keep in mind, I still use a pencil to fill my brows in for a more defined look. I had this done intentionally because I can still alter the shape of my brows with make up. You don't want them to do it EXACTLY to shape and width of your "full face" brows because you will not be able to change it once its done. Right now, full brows are in however next year...the trend could go back to thinner brows. You want to be able to adjust, especially if you like to play with makeup looks. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:39pm

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by *M. Gurl * *M. Gurl * wrote:

Lol if only men saw how some girls on IG really looked like....

I use to cake my face with makeup back in the day. Now I cover blemishes/dark circles and add a little mascara. Thank God for LA/TCA peels!

i realised a few weeks back that my makeup was starting to look a little heavy. Dead
So now i mix moisturiser into my foundation to make it sheer,  I no longer use setting powder,    and I use a brow powder now to fill in, instead of pencil
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

even if I wear a "full face" I still look like me

Looking unrecognizable with/without it is disrespectful... like when a guy wears a hat to cover up a dome or receding hair line. don't do that

leave Neyo alone

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:02pm
My SO regularly tells me I don't need makeup and compliments me more when I'm bare faced. he doesn't dislike makeup, he's cool either way.
  I don't wear any foundation unless we're going out dancing/ a nice dinner/party, and even then, it's light/medium coverage.

It's pretty much an unspoken standard to wear makeup in my line of employment,(Sales), so it's not a matter of me believing/me thinking he believes,  that I'm hideous w/o make -up, but during non sleep hours, I'm usually in it and that's my "norm." when I look in the mirror.

I don't wear it on the week-ends unless I'm leaving the house, and it's my normal work look. Eyes and lips and concealer on the dime sized dark spot of my top lip.

He def doesn't care. But I do. LOL
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I've never had an issue with this. I look great with and without makeup, however I do like makeup.

I was waiting for this post. 
Wink
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 2:51pm

She looks realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different but I like her videos
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style