Perfect Hair Collection

Help with Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Hair!
    Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 9:35am
The main problem you are having here is clearly moisture. All those symptoms are caused by dehydrated hair. Your hair is telling you it is severly dehydrated, and your current hair practices arent doing enough to help it recover from the drying effect straightening and dyes have done to your hair.

Protective styling may help you retain length to an extent, but it isnt enough and can sometimes do more harm than good because you are leaving shed hairs in your hair for a long time which causes tangles and knots. You will lose a lot of length just detangling and snipping the knots. Not only that but you cant effectively rehydrate your hair in a protective style. Even if you spritzed your hair daily, it would only be sitting on your hair until it evaporated, since the oil used to set protective styles blocks water from getting into the hair shaft afterwards. This may make your hair feel soft for an hour, but it will still leave your hair chronically dry and not solve the underlying issues. Because of that even if you go into protective styling right now, you may not retain much length.

Once your hair practices change, you wont need some special oil or have to hide your hair for long periods of time. Your hair will just grow because its getting nurishment it needs from water.

How often are you cleansing your hair?
What hairstyles are you doing?
How long are you wearing those styles?
What products do you use consistently?
Do you deep condition? What conditioner do you use?

You might also want to read into this regimen:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Edited by pinkecube - Mar 25 2014 at 9:51am
Sponsored Links

KierraGeRay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KierraGeRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 2:22pm
Have you considered braids or a sew in. When I first went natural I rocked a weave for 3 months. There was a lot of growth during that time, after a couple of months of adjusting to my natural hair and letting it breathe some i'm about to get another sew in.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 2:04pm
Protective styling may help you retain length. I like biotin and sulfur for growth aids. Once you get your moisture protein balance together your shouldn't break off easily. You may want to leave the dye alone sound like it's causing the damage and the heat can't be good try to limit your use.

8bitbabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8bitbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2014 at 8:22am
Cry Ladies I'm in despreate need for some natural help! I want to grow and thicken my hair so that it reaches my butt. Currently it won't grow past my shoulders. Is there any type of organic grown products that might help, or maybe some home remedies? My hair is extreamly thin and breaks easily DeadDeadDead because i've dyed my hair and straighten my hair a few times a month with a flat iron at home. I just really need the help. I'm tired of my short, dry, frizzy hair and I know nothing about hair care. I've never really thought about going onto fourms but if anyone has any ideas on how to help me out I would be so happy!

Thanks! <3Embarrassed
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply