Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Countess Vaugh says lace front glu destroyed her
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Countess Vaugh says lace front glu destroyed her

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Countess Vaugh says lace front glu destroyed her
    Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:49am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

She looks like she is suffering from Hyperthyroidism, are there any MD's on here?

im not an MD but I think there is something wrong with her health as well. I don't believe the glue is sole cause of her health problems.
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:17am
always been flabbergasted as to how anyone can glue hair on to their scalp. Cray
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:16am
I can't wear a band aid for a day without it messing up my skin temporarily so I can see how wearing a lf for days/weeks can damage skin w/ prolonged use.Ouch
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:12am
it was brave of her to do this. props. but why she cryin' and applying that devil glue to her bald spot anyway?Confused
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 9:11am
forever? she can get a transplant like Destiny an em
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 2:26am
She looks like she is suffering from Hyperthyroidism, are there any MD's on here?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:47am
LFWs are great!

But 2 weeks IMO is too long to wear them. I also think you will be packing too much punch in your application judging by what you are saying above. You have to be careful or things are going to start going sideways for you and then you will be like thids girl .. saying that the LFW messed her up ... but it was really her application that messed her up.

Most people reapply once a week but I usually reapply every 4 days because I like a fresh appl. Also my applcation takes 15 minutes at the most because after the first few years I pretty much worked the appl down to a science.

There really is a lot to learn - so I suggest meeting in the Lace Front section. (Or you can PM me). :)

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 19 2014 at 3:38am
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:37am
Well, I'm about to foray into the world of FLWs. That being said; I'd better take this time to ask some safety questions, lol.
I'm planning on doing longterm bonding as well, like 2 wks at a time w/ a weekend in between for washing and airing out before reapplying (assuming the adhesive doesn't do something crazy). So far, I was already planning on just using super tape (on top of a wig cap that's covering my natural hairline) which will be applied over a few layers of scalp protector. Maybe I'd add glue (looking at the medical grade/silicone adhesives) to that combo only if I'm going on another cruise or beach vacay. Sounds like too much?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2014 at 1:36am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i do know about anyone else but hair loss, skin scarring and discoloration would be devastating for me.

I don't have no hurr and scarring and discolouration would mess me up.  I use endurabond and have no issues like that.  I would thing that Countess would have the common sense to realize she was allergic and do something else.

Correct.

There are a zillion different brands of tape/glue on the market for all those millions of male Tupee wearers ... so if she had a bad reaction to one of them - she should have stopped using it.

I've been wearing them for years too and my hairline is clear as can be. No scaring and no problems.

I have tried a couple of products over the years though that gave me little bumps after one application. However, I did have enough sense to toss that product immediately - rather than keep using it until my head became a pulpy mess. Some people are simply allergic to some of the products.

Honestly sometimes 'common sense' is just not common enough.

(This is like Naomi Cambell with her lost edges. One wonders HOW she could not have noticed that the wave technique she was using .. was taking her hair out!)

Aside from that ... the pic of her hairline looks like her hairline is .. gone. That tells me she applied the glue/tape ON her hairline ... not her skin.

If you put these chemicals ON your natural hair ... bit by bit it will take it out. DUH!

thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 10:20pm
Hmm maybe she wasn't protecting her skin .. Before she applied her wigs .. 24/7 she sounds she hardly removed them
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic