Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Frizzy hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
Peachycream00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peachycream00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frizzy hair
    Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 8:07am
I would really stop using heat on her hair because that could be one of the reasons her hair is dry and I would just use masks of honey, avocado,olive oil, and coconut oil to moisturize her hair and I would use a sulfate free shampoo or co wash instead of regular shampoo. Her hair might also be frizzy because of the way you detangle her hair I would detangle her hair ends to roots instead of roots to ends because it minimizes breakage in hair which might be causing the frizz. Using conditioner while her hair is wet and using this combing method might be a great method for detangling her hair. Hope this helps😃😃
Sponsored Links

marianclare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianclare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 8:21am

Maybe you should not iron your daughter's hair because she is too young for that. You can apply some coconut oil to her hair. Coconut oil is good for the hair it is natural and safe to use. It is also be used for treating dandruffs. Massage a small amount of coconut oil into her scalp and leave it for about 10 minutes.

rohanjain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohanjain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 1:14am
Always wash with moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.Serum is useful for shine.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:03pm
Look at this post. It details the maximum hydration method. Piling on a bunch of silicones and proteins is not going to give her moisture, therefore it won't solve the issue here. The issue here is not sealing, it's getting moisture into the strand, and i can bet money if your toddler's hair is not relaxed, it is not high porosity.
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

High porous hair is porous due to some sort of damage. This can be heat damage, chemical processing, and permanent dyes. to know your daughter's porosity, see this post.

http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/08/how-to-find-your-hair-porosity-and.html

For hair porosity, you want to feel your hair while it is wet, and the technique is the same for all hair types.
  1. Squeeze or blot excess moisture from your hair so that it is not dripping, but leave it as wet as possible.
  2. If it feels rough or has a “straw-like” texture, your hair is not very porous.
  3. If your hair simply feels wet, you have normal hair porosity.
  4. If your hair has high porosity, it will feel sticky, almost as if you had not washed all product out of your hair.
Max hydrated low porous 4c and 4b hair, from being treated the way it wants

4c and 4b low porous hair with use of silicones and protein

These are all pictures of my hair. I have mostly 4c hair with some 4b in the front adnd some 4a at the nape. More photos and testimony in max hydration method post. The photos and results speak for themselves. Low porosity hair does not want protein and silicones.

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 16 2014 at 10:14pm
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 12:42am
Please revisit my post. I understood that her hair is curly and thus can be treated just like texlaxed hair. Some of the ladies above did not understand that when responding, or else may have thought she was in a heavy 4 range.
Get the book  "Curly Like Me" by Teri LaFlesh. It might help. Also for when you want her hair straight, try the hints in my post above.

PS: And YES the regimen  IS PROTEIN HEAVY!!! That is exactly what hair that is highly porous and reverts so quickly needs... along with silicones.

Edited by LadyAradia - Mar 20 2014 at 12:48am
lilkim4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkim4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 11:06am
Thank for all the responses. But I'm not flat ironing because it is dry but because so it will be a little more manageable to comb after I wash it. I'm looking for a way help with the dries and a way to combing her hair without her saying it hurts. And that's even when I put detangler and hair moisturizer in her head. I just wanted to know what are some good products for her head. Because I do not want to add an perm on her head. Because her hair is curly when I wash it but then it's dry and puff. Not trying to damage her hair. Just trying to help with the dries. Thanks again. Smile
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2014 at 1:26am
This is so sad. As shadylady said, straightening her hair won't make it any less dry, it's just damaging it further. Look up the loc method, oil rinsing and deep conditioning natural hair. Some of you guys are crazy, sorry but there is a reason why there is a notion that black girls can't grow hair and have no edges. Not because it's genetic that we can't grow hair or whatever but because of the damage these mother's do to their heads before they even know their abc's. Search the natural hair section and also Google for natural hair for kids.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:53am
If her hair is dry and puffy, straightening with a flat iron or chemicals isn't going to help. It'll still be dry and all you end up doing is causing that baby's hair to break off.

I don't know what you're using but try moisturizing, nourishing products. Get a good, moisturizing leave-in conditioner. Every few days, moisturize her hair with water or a liquid leave in, follow with an oil, then lock all that moisture in with a cream or butter.

It sounds like you might have already damaged her ends, so gon head and trim those off before you cause further damage.
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:40am
Also the first video is protein heavy. While im not against silicon if you are to use it you should use a dc without silicon first and clarify when washing JMO. Check out the natural section it can offer more/better info than me   
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 10:35am
Try this its pretty simple.

Take Acv with water (50:50). Spray it into her hair and scalp apply a shower cap then let it sit for about 20-30mins .
Apply a conditioner of your choice I use sauve natural almond and shea. And use it to detangle the hair. You can let it sit but I choose not to I just jump into dc'ing. I dc with Aubrey honeysuckle and rose. I often mix it with ors replenishing conditioner ( has some protien). I apply my shower cap my bonnet then a plastic bag to really keep things warm. ( You can just apply a shower cap and sit her under a dryer) for about 30 mins. Afterwards I apply my moisturizing leave in, seal it with oil and airdry in twist or braids hth.
Also check out the natural section. If you have time you may want to try this method

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic