BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

kids calling friends Aunt?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kids calling friends Aunt?
    Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:41pm
lol SM.
I was born an aunt, so I'm used to it. LOL

Edited by PurplePhase - Mar 15 2014 at 9:42pm
Sponsored Links

smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:16pm
no i wouldn't want my imaginary kids to call my friends aunt and i def don't want their kids calling me aunt. 

eta: i'm too young to be anybody's aunty Cry....get the hell out of here kid. 

Edited by smaison - Mar 15 2014 at 9:18pm
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 9:06pm
I call my mom's long time friend's auntie because that is who I grew up to know and a few of her friends I consider their kids my cousins( we are closer than my blood relatives). One of my long time best friends sometimes refer to me as Auntie when she tells her kids they are coming over or they will call me by "Mrs." My daughter calls all my friends by "Mrs" except for her god mother
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

All my friends' imaginary kids and mine too refer to us girls as "auntie" Hell as my kids are dogs my gfs ask, how are my nieces and nephews? LOL When they come over i tell my dogs, "go jump on your auntie."

you have imaginary kids too? Thought I was the only one with an imaginary child. Yours will become real one day though I guess. Mine will always only live in my head LOLLOL

LOL yes purp. Diane Jnr. whether a boy or a girl. I have a habit of commenting , "that could NEVER be Diane Jnr in that outfit, behaving like that, not getting whatever food/toy/trip/item they wantLOL. Hopefully they become real, if not in my head they shall be.

Edited by Diane (35) - Mar 15 2014 at 11:00pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Do your children call your girlfriends Aunt? Do your friend*s children call you aunt?

Those who are still in the planning stages , will they?   

All my friends' imaginary kids and mine too refer to us girls as "auntie" Hell as my kids are dogs my gfs ask, how are my nieces and nephews? LOL When they come over i tell my dogs, "go jump on your auntie."

Embarrassed I ask my mom to watch her "grand puppy" when I'm going out of town.

Get's her every time when I put it like thatLOL

My mother refers to them as my children and is semi-ok with me calling her their grandma but some times she goes "mi ah no nuh dawg mumma" "I am not any Dog-mommy"
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2014 at 8:33pm
^^like that
DaBaddest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaBaddest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:59pm
My really close friends kids call me tete. When I have kids they will call them tete too.
gemini1591 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gemini1591 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:44pm
I call my mothers closest friends aunt. They're like family. Even my cousins refer to them as their aunts.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:38pm

what if the bestie is also your godmother (most times this is the case). Is Aunt/ie/y ok then or is it still Ms____?

eta: is 1st name ok?

my oldest god daughter calls me by my nickname too...
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 2:34pm
i think it is hilarious when non-ethnic whites at the workplace are puzzled by the 'Ms.Tina','Ms. Ann' 'Mr. Bob' kinda greeting that the young blacks give to the older blacks that they respect at work. The ethnic white understands b/c they do it too b/c of the old country, but the non-ethnic whites are likeShocked like they have stumbled across a secret society
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic