Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Texture Mishap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Bootiful Cream

Author
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texture Mishap
    Posted: Mar 17 2014 at 4:18pm
Thanks for your input joileprincess! I am a big fan of having body in my styles.
Sponsored Links

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

Just flat iron the hair extensions...it will match your texture

I agree. And in the future just do a light press or a blow out on your leave out. I wear KS and have worn coarse yaki and I just do a blow out to blend. I prefer the body and volume that I get  (versus a flatter/straighter look) so its perfect for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 4:15pm
Thank you for your input and the tip on pressing the hair out. I'm really considering closures. I tried one before and it looked so unnatural I wanted to fire my hair stylist, so I'm a little hesitant.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by MeLu_Founder MeLu_Founder wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Mso><FONT face=Calibri>Sorry about your dilemma, as Naturals we forget how versatile our hair is and how strait it can get with the right amount of heat and technique. My go to is ALWAYS a closure, just for that reason. Once I got a hold of the right one I found no reason to go back to leave-out. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Any who, I think you can pull it off by having the hair pressed. If the textures still do not blend as well as you like my only other suggestion would be to purchase a matching closure or leave the smallest <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>amount of leave out as possible. Good Luck!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

MeLu_Founder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MeLu_Founder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 2:11pm

Sorry about your dilemma, as Naturals we forget how versatile our hair is and how strait it can get with the right amount of heat and technique. My go to is ALWAYS a closure, just for that reason. Once I got a hold of the right one I found no reason to go back to leave-out.  Any who, I think you can pull it off by having the hair pressed. If the textures still do not blend as well as you like my only other suggestion would be to purchase a matching closure or leave the smallest  amount of leave out as possible. Good Luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 8:42pm
Interesting Kocoa, I never thought about it like that! Thanks for the break down girl.
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 8:37pm
I was just actually debating this myself a few wks back. I think in this case, maybe the wefts would match if you blew out your hair instead of flat ironing.

In my case, it would work like this:

KS - blow out on low (until like 75-80% dry so I can get the kinks to show).
IY/Coarse Yaki - blow out on medium heat + tension method (until 90% dry and then braid so it doesn't kink up).
Yaki - flat iron (roller set preferred).
LY - roller set + silk wrap (never tried this yet, but it's my theory).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by jeli20 jeli20 wrote:

take good care of your natural hair when flat ironing! All the hard work and growth will go down the drain bc of heat damage. next time just braid down your natural hair and only flat iron the leave out. USE LOTS of heat protectant, each time u flat iron!

your natural texture isnt that nappy at all. lol

Yes I know, I'm thinking I should go with a closure because I am so scared of heat damage. Thanks for the tips!
& I broke two teeth off of a comb a few weeks back!! Hahahaha!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:14pm
"Yeah yaki will go better with your hair since its looks pretty good flatironed. Do you want to keep flatironing your hair I love the natural curls you have."

Nooooo I don't! But I want to wear straight hair for a change, so a closure may be the best option. & Thank you for the compliment!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

Just flat iron the hair extensions...it will match your texture

Interesting thought, thank you Nadiesca!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic