Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help getting curls!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lilly963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilly963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help getting curls!
    Posted: Yesterday at 2:35am
you can see more knowledge about hair care.
Sponsored Links

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 20 2014 at 6:32pm
I would say just add a lot of gel to it and individually create the curls. you'll have to manufacture them because it doesn't look as though your hair is naturally defined. so first wash your hair and while your hair is still wet or damp apply copious amounts of gel. distribute it so that every single strand is coated and coil your hair using the finger-coiling technique, where you just wrap your hair around your finger. do that all over your head. and then allow it to dry/set in place, and that should last you a few days or weeks if you don't wash your hair or don't rough up the style. 
that's the only technique i know that doesn't involve a texturizer
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2014 at 1:25am
first buy:

Then use the maintenance products afterward
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 6:40pm
You cannot achieve curly hair with any product, gel, cream or whatever if your hair is not naturally curly. Curl creams, gels, and activators are for HOLD for those with curly hair, it doesn't give them curls they already have them. The only way you can get curly hair if its not natural is if you texturize your hair, no it doesn't last long you'll have to keep repeating it but you say it's the style you prefer to wear.

HOWEVER, you may have naturally curly hair. But putting gels and activators in your hair will not help because those products are not moisturizing they are simply for styling. If you want to know what your true texture is you would have to properly care and moisturize your hair instead of just throwing gel in it. When it's moisturized and soft then you try using Eco styler gel IF your hair is in fact curly/coily then your hair will curl the way you desire.

So basically get a good shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer & oil (like coconut oil) to start with. With type 4 hair if your hair is over processed (over use of chemicals or heat styling) or dry it can appear that you have no curl pattern when you actually do but it's just unhealthy and it affects how a product works on your hair. Whereas say someone with type 3 curls hair have dry brittle hair but their curls are still visible because they are larger in diameter.

But anyway hope this was useful info.
718breed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 718breed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 12:30pm
Hey, So i've tried a bunch of products to achieve a curly pattern in my hair and have not had much success. I was recommended curl activator gel and have also tried "curling creams". I would like some input on my hair. I'm a guy btw and unsure of what type of hair i have (I know its some kind of type 4 hair). I usually have coarser hair in the back of my head so I might have two types. I have tried texturizing my hair and that has helped me somewhat in the past, but the results dont last long. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get a curly hair pattern and alsomaintainit? I would prefer natural alternatives over a perm. I've added a pic with my hair and the results I would like to have.

MY HAIR:

DESIRED RESULTS:
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures