Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Feeling like you dont fit in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.43  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeling like you dont fit in
    Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 3:44pm
no.
Sponsored Links

SunshineDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Originally posted by SunshineDiva SunshineDiva wrote:

I have a question for all of you ladies do you ever feel lonely? or do you at least have someone in your corner who you can talk to?
yes I sometimes feel lonely... even when I have plenty of friends, If I feel too bad I reach out to them... but I have had the feeling of being the only friend I have and then I try and discover something new about myself...

When I feel lonely i sink into that sad depressing place Ouch b/c of a past relationship I don't have ANY friends so I'm used to being alone but I thought in college it would have been different but I am seriously struggling at home I had my mom and the rest of my family that I speak to

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

what kind of hatred are you experiencing sunshine? tell me and maybe i can help you through it. like i said, i've been there.

The hatred is mainly from females I feel like its jealousy but I can not say for sure but dirty looks talking about me when I leave the room or it happen one time while I was in the room. The situation I mentioned before when I was in the double room where the girl didn't like me because I was "friends" with the guy she liked. This other chick is cool in my face but the minute I leave the room or she thinks Im out of hearing distance she starts talking about me.

I know I should have tough skin but I just feel like I am battling every time I leave the room
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by SunshineDiva SunshineDiva wrote:

I have a question for all of you ladies do you ever feel lonely? or do you at least have someone in your corner who you can talk to?
yes I sometimes feel lonely... even when I have plenty of friends, If I feel too bad I reach out to them... but I have had the feeling of being the only friend I have and then I try and discover something new about myself...
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:48am
what kind of hatred are you experiencing sunshine? tell me and maybe i can help you through it. like i said, i've been there.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:38am
It's cool to not fit in.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:33am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

aww Hug 

if you're in school you must be in your late teens, early twenties so you're still young. i've been there. in time you'll grow to stay true to yourself all while not giving a damn about what people think about you. 

Embarrassed early twenties yea im 23 which is why i guess i feel out of place too because everyone here is 18 or 19 and very immature at times.

Thank you for the advice.....its hard though I have experienced so much hatred here and I haven't spoken to anyone for them to have any dislike towards me in anyway.

Edited by SunshineDiva - Sep 25 2014 at 12:28am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunshineDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Sometimes I felt like that but would later realize that is all in my head. The truth is that I never had a desire to fit in. I don't know if it comes from being an only child. I also realized that my lack of desire to fit in is a plus in my life Bc it cancels out all the phony, shallow, immature disingenuous people that I would never like anyway.

I have maintained most of my friendships since grade school / high school. The beauty of a genuine friendship or connection is that 'fitting in' never matters. Once a person gets to truly know you and genuinely like you, they will accept you as a friend no matter what.

I always laugh and say that it takes a person at least 5 months to get to know me and there is a great chance you will like me. I am a true enigma and no one can ever successfully out me into a category. That turns a lot of ppl off
when they can not figure you out.

Moral of the story: real recognize real. Anything else. I could care less.

I am an only child too (well I have a half sister but we have never been close.....long storyCry) but I have always wanted to "fit in"but just felt awkward during the process. When I first stared school my roommate at the time had a friend who was a COMPLETE jerk to me because she liked this guy that i was an acquaintance with...she was literally throwing jabs at me EVERY SECOND that she could to the point where i just didnt feel comfortable in the setting i was in and decided that I needed to separate myself from there so I got a single room so the negativity is gone. I just pray that is gets better
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 11:58pm
I think everyone at times feels this way- even people who seem like they do- Didn't you ever watch Mean Girls? LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic