Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 254>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 7:40am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Hi MHM members! I'm new to the forum (and method) and wanted to say hi and chat a bit. I'm sitting here an hour into the DIY Cherry Lola Caramel (re-revised) treatment. It is 3:00 am in my time zone but I wanted to start so bad and my ingredients came today, so I did. I say re-revised b/c I didn't have the ripe banana & avocado so I didn't use them. Also, right before I started, I read the last few new entries & altered my recipe to 1 cup yogurt since my hair is TWA length. I was a little scared (still am) b/c the mixture literally looks like caramelErmm and not like the mixture on MsDeeKay YT vid (the yogurt is the only ingredient I halved)... but pressed on determined to get the beginning treatment done. I have about 45 min left for the treatment to sit. I've already mixed my co-wash (1 oz + 7oz water) & it's ready to go once I rinse the treatment out. I'm going to leave to co-wash in overnight (or until I wake up todaySleepy). Anyway, I'm excited to get some life into these 4C low porosity strands. I'll post an update with before pics (once I figure out how to do that) later today. I've already asked Pinke and MsDeeKay several questions on YT & IG... I'm really leaning on this forum to help me figure this out. I told Pinke that I've tried this before following Aketafitgirl's regimen and failed miserably. Not realizing she has the opposite porosity than I. I'm trying again and very hopeful to achieve MH within the next couple of months!Smile

Juan_mos, welcome to the forum! Great, keep us updated!
Sponsored Links

juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 10:36am
UPDATE II: OBSERVATIONS AFTER TREATMENT COWASH/DETANGLE/DEEP CONDITION

• My hair felt less straw-like from under the waterShocked ... a little soft even
  • Mixed 1 oz KCKT+ 7 oz water & still had foam for days. I had to continue to add water as I emptied the mixture from my 8 oz bottle & STILL had foam to spare. Should I reduce to 1 TBSP? I read the post where you said it shouldn't be that foamy & more water may need to be added. I saw that one member reduced her KCKT to 1 TBSP. By my hair being so short maybe I should do the same?
  • I know the treatment opened my cuticles but it still seems as though product (the conditioner mix) mostly sat on my hair. Maybe it was all the foam that looked that way.
  • My hair was very easy to detangle. I have a TWA but I get SSK's very easily & all the time. My hair constantly crawls upon itself. I didn't experience any of them going through my hair last night.
  • My scalp is so itchy from the GHE effect! I hope the clay rinse calms it down.

NOTE: I'm worried about the final step. Reading the post where the member is having issues with flakes when combining the KCKT & KCCC brought back memories for me. The exact same thing happened to me. Now it could've been several things wrong for me b/c I was following Aketafitgirl's method and didn't realize we had different levels of porosity. 1>I was doing the ACV rinse & Terresentials mud wash (which I've since learned is a no-no for my lo-po strands). 2>I'm very heavy-handed when it comes to applying product so I'm sure I used too much KCCC. 3>I never watered down either product (I know with MHM we water down the conditioner for STEPS 2 & 4 & I also read on this forum about a member who watered down the KCCC, which I think is geniusClap)!

I'm on to STEP 3 now (any advise I may have missed?) and will update after I finish.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:43pm
Welcome Juan_Mos!

I have been following the method for about a month now and must say that the measurements provided for thinking out the products is good however, it is going to take some trial and error to see what works best for you.

I am one of the posters that waters down the KCCC and I love the results. In regards to the knot today you will need to see what works best for you....I have used it both straight out of the bottle AMD watered down and haven't seen a tremendous difference in the results.

I haven't experienced flaking with use of the products however, have a spray bottle handy to rewet areas as you go along that may begin to dry faster as I find the gel works best on wet hair.

May I ask where you read that the terresentials and ACV are no-no's for low po strands?
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:49pm
Welcome to the thread Juan_Mos its great to finally have you on board. I hope things are working out so far, do keep us updated with your progress.

naturalessence, terresentials has Aloe Vera in it most low pos find it to be drying and stripping this is because it is an astringent. As far as ACV goes it is because it closes the cuticles while low porosity hair needs help lifting the cuticles.
natural essence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote natural essence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:58pm
I see my pics have been posted!!
Thanks Pinker..... I am an amateur in this picture taking... next time I need to make sure the toilet seat is down!! Please see if you can take out the background images if you are to post on thefacebook or blog page!!

Pinke,

As you are being lenient with the oils now I wanted to know where I can incorporate them in the regimen... so far I have only been using the oil in the clay mix as well as after I have styled and my hair dries I will use a tad bit of an oil mix to loosen the crunch factor.

Earlier on in the thread you recommended to not follow LOC and at rather LCO or LCOC.

What sequence would I use the oils with my current styles: knot today and KCCC
Should it be: apply knot today, then KCCC then the oil or knot today, oil and then the KCCC?

Thanks
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

UPDATE II: OBSERVATIONS AFTER TREATMENT COWASH/DETANGLE/DEEP CONDITION

• My hair felt less straw-like from under the waterShocked ... a little soft even
  • Mixed 1 oz KCKT+ 7 oz water & still had foam for days. I had to continue to add water as I emptied the mixture from my 8 oz bottle & STILL had foam to spare. Should I reduce to 1 TBSP? I read the post where you said it shouldn't be that foamy & more water may need to be added. I saw that one member reduced her KCKT to 1 TBSP. By my hair being so short maybe I should do the same?
  • I know the treatment opened my cuticles but it still seems as though product (the conditioner mix) mostly sat on my hair. Maybe it was all the foam that looked that way.
  • My hair was very easy to detangle. I have a TWA but I get SSK's very easily & all the time. My hair constantly crawls upon itself. I didn't experience any of them going through my hair last night.
  • My scalp is so itchy from the GHE effect! I hope the clay rinse calms it down.

NOTE: I'm worried about the final step. Reading the post where the member is having issues with flakes when combining the KCKT & KCCC brought back memories for me. The exact same thing happened to me. Now it could've been several things wrong for me b/c I was following Aketafitgirl's method and didn't realize we had different levels of porosity. 1>I was doing the ACV rinse & Terresentials mud wash (which I've since learned is a no-no for my lo-po strands). 2>I'm very heavy-handed when it comes to applying product so I'm sure I used too much KCCC. 3>I never watered down either product (I know with MHM we water down the conditioner for STEPS 2 & 4 & I also read on this forum about a member who watered down the KCCC, which I think is geniusClap)!

I'm on to STEP 3 now (any advise I may have missed?) and will update after I finish.

Hi Juan_Mos I would say that the leave in and gel portion was tricky for me to get down the first couple of tries, i kept having white residue. I do tend to get heavy handed with product but I think as time went by my hair became better at absorbing the leave in. Also watering the conditioner helped, make sure when you apply it start from the roots and slide it down. If there is white residue or foam on your hair when applying the leave in make sure to water your conditioner down a little bit more & slide off the foam from your hair.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:04pm
I would love to know the answer to this and I think I'll need to incorp a little oil into the regimen for my hair as well.  Also can someone give me directions on how to post my pics? Is there a certain area we should post them in? I didn't know about the FB page (there are still quite a few pages in this forum I haven't read yet).... joining now!
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:10pm
Thanks MsDeeKay... I've been back and forth between your blog, vids & Pinke's vid since last night, just trying to wrap up Day 1 with all the steps completed.LOL I'm finally at 4 & 5 applying the leave-in & gel. Anyway, thanks for your reply to NaturalEssence... that's exactly what Pinke told me and probably why I failed so miserably at MHM last time. She advised against Terressentials and told me to do the Baking Soda rinse instead of the ACV.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:19pm
Yeah this is the part I'm MOST anxious about even though I have a twa. I've always flaked in the past when applying KCKT & KCCC (neither watered down). I'm going to use a very light hand but make sure I'm applying the technique's MsDeeKay described in her blog for 2 in & up & 1.5 in & shorter. I'm counting on her a lot b/c we both have TWA's. Mine is tapered so shorter than hers in some areas but still close to the visual I need when doing my hair.

HELP: ladies please tell me how to reply to replies. It looks like my replies are not following the order of the post and not falling in line where they would make sense to the thread

Edited by juan_mos - Jun 14 2014 at 2:21pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 2:53pm
I've never gotten flakes when using this method. I used to get flakes occassionaly before doing the regimen because I guess my hair had build-up (because co-washing wasn't cleaning my hair 100%)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 254>
  Share Topic