Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
IndianHair.net
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 295>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
    Posted: Apr 23 2015 at 10:38pm
@alsaxon & mama dee: Can you please share your hair's porosity (if you know it), curl type (ex: I'm mostly 4a with tighter coils at my edges and crown blending into one looser area at the upper back of my head), and what exact options of the regimen you follow? Are you careful to detangle and to rake conditioner/clay/gel through your hair from root to tip at each step (as best you can)? Also please specify whether you add any oils and especially any non-approved products to the mix, how much you add, and when? I can probably help you troubleshoot.

@All: Things haven't been that active around this site since last summer. When MHM started to take off, Pinkecube did her best and kept up with a lot of it but I think she got a bit overwhelmed. You're probably more likely to find her on the Facebook, Instagram, or her Youtube at this point, since this site's community got less active in general. Also, always check http://maxhydrationmethod.wordpress.com/ or http://msdeekay.com/
You also might consider talking to dubaidee4c, who I understand has been testing her own twists on the method (like adding milk or acv to the clay rinse according to your porosity).
Sponsored Links

mama dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mama dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2015 at 2:42pm
This has been working for me - I do love the definition but I have questions that I have not been able to get answered.  When I was relaxing my hair and also when I had a texturizer in I had shine.  In my natural state I have none.  I have decided to try oil washes to see if that will help with the shine and also with the itching.

My other issue is I color my hair - so I'm working to see which works better - before the clay or after.  I guess I am for all intents and purposes on my own.  lol  Thanks for the replies to my post Ladies.  Sorry this has not worked for you.
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 10:47pm
I wonder how many this is not working for that is not speaking up?? I'm sad for this!! I haven't had any thinning. I've never had shiny hair. My scalp get's a mildewy smell after about 4 days (never have prior to mHm) but I do have a skin condition that I'm sure aids to my mildew scalp. 

I still see this as a positive for my hair and even more so with the modified version which does not use baking soda or conditioner. Here's the link to the modified version.
 http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.com/2015/02/modified-mhm-update-ureka-why-heck-have.html

alsaxon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alsaxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2015 at 7:11pm

this method was very damaging to my hair. It did not feel so at first but after several treatments it became more and more noticeable until I discontinued the treatment. The 1st 2 or 3 treatments i got good curl definition, a little bit of bulk reduced and less shrinkage. I was happy except for my still was pretty dry. Fast forward several treatments later and I'm left with thin, dry, dull, frizzer hair, no curl definition at all. The straw that broke the camels back was when I did two strand twists and they were so thin and did not puff up. I normally love how think my twists are.  It was horrible.  I did not wear them out. I hate how much bulk was reduced in my hair by this treatment.  I haven't seen curls since the beginning treatments, it's like may hair is just there now. It's also an ugly shade of brown due to the baking soda. I just cut it last week because I want my old hair back. Damaging is probably a strong word to use, but it changed my hair dramatically and not for the better. I'm not a troll, I'm just reporting my experience. I posted on this board months ago when I was still excited about the treatment. 

Good luck to all

mama dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mama dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2015 at 11:24am
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I've been doing the MHM for about a week or so now.  Did 3 days in a row and then went to the revised method.  Have great definition but lots of friz which from what I have been reading will eventually subside as I continue to stick to this method.  

The two things that concern me is #1 - my scalp is itching like crazy.  I've done the baking soda most of the time, but this last time I did the ACV.  My scalp did not itch as much the first two days but this morning I'm having issues.

#2 is shine.  I miss my hair being shiny and was wondering if anyone has found a way to bring the shine back.  I have 4C hair.

I have been using KCC and KCKT - I don't like the KCKT and am currently looking for another gel or maybe a cream or butter that would work best for my hair.  I just got Aloe Berry from Alikay Naturals. Bummed that I can no longer use Eco Styler as my hair loved that when I first went natural.

I appreciate any feedback anyone has on the itching and shine.  
Thank you
Smile
mama dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mama dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2015 at 11:03am
Originally posted by veegirllove veegirllove wrote:

Just a little rant, this message is not to offend anyone..

Sooooooo I've been doing the MHM for 7 months and with a little tweeking I'm starting to see wonderful results. No drying, better curl definition, less frizz etc and good hair edges lol. Now my product of choice is Kinky Curly Custard, Aztec Bentonite Clay and Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In...Now here is the problem... well not so much a problem but its just letting me know how viral this method is getting. Went to Walgreen's today in Detroit to get the KCC and why was it 17.99.. I'm like WHAT!!!! as if 16.99 wasn't enough. So I'm like, I use enough of this stuff as it is and getting only 8 oz and 4 uses doing my hair every three days. So, I took one of my old jars and put about 1/4 cup or so of gel and filled it up with water and made a full jar. Mind you, I still got the slip and my hair is much shinier and full of body. I refuse to continue to keep buying KCC on the level I am with only 4 uses. But I'm afraid to try any other gel because I've had enough set backs trying to tweek the regimen for my hair. The second problem is when I first started the regimen I could go to WholeFoods, Vitamin Shoppe to purchase the clay...Why both stores have been out of stock for nearly a month. I'm like everybody cashing in on the MHM..Maybe its a coincidence or something but I cant get my hands on the stuff in Detroit. Anyway I remembered I had some Green French Clay at home and used that. OMG I'm glad I did because Green clay for my hair is much more moisturizing than the bentonite clay ijs..This has changed my hair so much.... my moisture levels have gone from 20% to about 50% in 4 washes. Finally, I love the MHM and i freaks out if I can't get my products.

Again, this message is really me just being silly and venting to all the fierce hair naturals because everyone I'm around still wear perms and don't get not having products because I've gone through the struggle for three years with this dry, nappy hot mess of some hair. some days good and others to bad to mention...So I just want to be able to get my products..LOL Peace and Love..

PS Im not sure how to post a message so I'm guessing this will post as a reply..

Hi...I'm a newbie here to all of this but just an fyi - Target has KCC and KCKT both for $11.99.  Hope this helps.
Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2015 at 12:12pm
PEACE QUEENS!! I was doing so good with the MHM & I suddenly got Burned Out & have been very inconsistent with the regimen & Slacking Big Time since last year October!! Smh

Question: Is there any bad side affects from using an Old Homemade Flaxseed Gel? I made one & its been sitting in the refrigerator for about a Month & 1/2 but I haven't been washing my hair I made it ( I Know... Horrible!! But I would Hate to Waste it!!

What's the longest the Flaxseed should be stored for? Has anyone used an old flaxseed gel? Is there chances of getting a Scalp Fungus Infection using an old gel? I'm not sure if the gel grows Bacteria when it is old or not? Does anybody knows? Thank you in advance!!  

Edited by Muslimah Dominicana - Apr 11 2015 at 3:43pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2015 at 3:32pm
its dry like it needs oil kind of dry, not flaking. I'll take your advice. It could very well be the baking soda doing it.
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2015 at 12:29pm
Creole are you saying dry as in flakes? Or just  regular dry (ashy) scalp?  I was having an issue with flakes but it was my clay I wasn't throughly rinsing. I have seborrheic dermatitis  & I think when I use honey in my clay mix it seems to not rinse as well as when I don't use it. Other than that I haven't experienced dry scalp. 

Also maybe switch up your clarify step. Like if you use baking soda mix then switch to ACV mix for that step. 

For Seasoned MHMmers

If you are experiencing setbacks then follow the above advice for beginners or if you just wish to accelerate your progress, try this…

Step 1. Do a Clay rinse

Step 2. Seal with a Botanical gel.

For low porosity types I would suggest using flaxseed and or Okra gel. Do the CLCT as needed.

Maintenance

Wash your hair regularly with water or clay rinses, I suggest water only washing in between clay washing days. Rinse your hair in the shower and apply the clay mix, detangle and rinse immediately allowing the water to soak through your hair. Rinse thoroughly and finish with a final cold rinse.

If you wish to GHE (green house effect) then you can do so on product free hair by rinsing out with water at night or you can apply a little oil to the ends of your hair. If you don't wish to rinse the gel off then spritz your hair with water on days that you don't wash. On water only washed days, reapply gel.

To speed up the drying process, don't shake off the excess product, once you have applied your gel, flip your head upside down and turban with a t-shirt for a few minutes  or you can use a paper towel to blot the excess. You can also stretch your hair by doing roll, tuck, clip in large sections before covering with the t-shirt.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2015 at 8:06pm
Does anyone elses scalp get really dry?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon