Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ebryant79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebryant79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
    Posted: 17 hours 54 minutes ago at 9:06pm
It's more dry feeling than crunchy. I use KCKT leave in and Giovanni gel...
Sponsored Links

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 29 minutes ago at 4:31pm
Originally posted by ebryant79 ebryant79 wrote:

It's not hard after the clay step. It doesn't seem to matter if I do a WNG or a twist out. It's not soft. It's a little frustrating because it's so much work to end up with dry/hard feeling hair. This result is also in conflict to the fact that my scalp is not dry because my dandruff has been eliminated...

What products are you using after the clay step? Is it literally hard or is it just crunchy?
ebryant79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebryant79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:15am
It's not hard after the clay step. It doesn't seem to matter if I do a WNG or a twist out. It's not soft. It's a little frustrating because it's so much work to end up with dry/hard feeling hair. This result is also in conflict to the fact that my scalp is not dry because my dandruff has been eliminated...
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2014 at 8:42pm
Its possible it will help at this phase. Is your hair hard before the clay step? Or only afterwards? Are you wearing a wng or some other style.

You might want to try applying your leave in, a little oil and then your styler to see if that helps.
ebryant79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebryant79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2014 at 11:28am
Hello all! This is my first post! I am on day 6 of the MHM and my hair is responding well. I have lots of curl definition. My only issue is my hair feels kind of hard (though less so today so I'm not sure what I did differently).

My question is...is will a cream based styler instead of the gel eliminate the dry feeling?
NaturalInspiration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalInspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO

this youtuber,  https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured - https://www.youtube.com/user/<wbr>markquisha/featured

is the stylist in the video. 

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given.this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this. 

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add to what Pinke has said...if there is anything you want to do for MHM or Pinke please go and help direct people to her or to this forum. It is very frustrating that she has worked so hard in order to let more people know about this and a lot of youtubers simply ignored her or turned her down. The least that can be done is to give her the proper credit for all the wealth of information that she has provided. So PLEASE go show your support by leaving a comment on the video. Thanks everyone for your continued support and contribution to this forum and to MHM. I wish you all a wonderful MHM journey.

I know this is an old discussion but wasn't the term maximum hydration first used by aketafitgirl back in December 2012 and wasn't the method also lifter from her channel? So why does credit have to be given to pinkecube? In my opinion this technique is actually different from the MHM. She uses shampoo that suds, no Acv or clay. What is the problem here?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalInspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2014 at 4:17am
Sorry about my rant yesterday. Something came over me and I just felt sad that I wasn't hearing aketafitgirl mentioned much even though I can see that the steps to achieve 'max hydration' was first thought of by her. Anyway I know pinkecube has contributed to the method alot and has even gone in to research the ingredients that are good/bad for our kinks so thank you for that. Also I am not saying that pinkecube hasn't put effort in to it, I just wanted to see that people were given aketafitgirl credit where credit is due. But who am I to think that people aren't? I guess based on what I have read on this board, I don't tend to notice it. Anyway I still love this board and thank you to everyone posting your experiences with the max hydration method. I am on day 4 and loving it! Hopefully when you guys get the time you can still respond to some of my questions. Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalInspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 5:29pm
I'm sorry to rant but I just realised that the method we are calling the maximum hydration method actually started out from aketafitgirl and this is where pinkecube got the steps from but I can't help but notice how many people are praising pinkecube for coming up with this method. It will be nice if people gave credit to Aketafitgirl who is the person who first spoke about maximum curl hydration back in December 2012! The information that pinkecube has given here has just been lifted from her youtube channel. Please correct me of I'm wrong but I highly doubt I am. I haven't read all of the pages on this post so I'm not aware if this has come up in the past but I do think aketafitgirl should be the one getting the praise. Yes pinkecube has added small touches to it but it is basically the same as aketafitgirl's routine! It's sad that people here are saying they want to name there children after pinkecube and she is happy to accept the praise when she did not design the method. Aketafitgirl is a very humble person and I was confused as to why she didn't mention where she got her routine from (that's because I was thinking it was lifted from this post) but she simply didn't mention it because she designed it! She even attributes it to the curly girl method by lorraine massey and not her own method even though she has tweaked it to suit her own hair needs. Anyway like I said, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalInspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 4:09pm
Just out of curiosity, I wanted to know, who is the first person to design this MHM was it aketafitgirl Or pinkecube? I ask because I watched Aketafitgirl doing her regimen and she made no mention of getting it from pinkecube and I wondered why she didn't give her the credit for it and I have also noticed that pinkecube has referred to Aketafitgirl quite a bit. Anyway I'm just wondering...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalInspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2014 at 1:20pm
How do you guys apply your gel? Do you smooth or rake? I think smoothing gives the best definition..let me know. Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 291>
  Share Topic