Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 296>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyMakk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyMakk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
    Posted: Jan 16 2016 at 2:01pm
Hello, I just recently joined BHM and I learned about the MHM workshop. Unfortunately, I missed it. Will there be another soon? I definitely hope so.
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2015 at 1:41pm
i don't know what techniques the natural hair movement has done, but the OP said the woman on youtube was doing exactly what she wrote in here, but claiming to be her idea. i posted the video somewhere in this thread.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2015 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

it is so sad that people don't respect other people's creations... the OP never came back to this thread after someone posted the MHM on youtube claiming to be her idea.

isnt this just a combination of what other people have been doing for years?
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2015 at 2:02pm
it is so sad that people don't respect other people's creations... the OP never came back to this thread after someone posted the MHM on youtube claiming to be her idea.
HappyCoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyCoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2015 at 1:17am
Just echoing @alsaxon, my hair also didn't fare too well with the MHM. It actually turned a weird brown colour as well, and I started experiencing massive breakage. Maybe it works for some, but not for everyone
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2015 at 1:39pm
is anyone getting mid shaft splits? I'm getting them and wonder what i can do to prevent more. was hoping for advice. Thanks in advance
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2015 at 10:38pm
@alsaxon & mama dee: Can you please share your hair's porosity (if you know it), curl type (ex: I'm mostly 4a with tighter coils at my edges and crown blending into one looser area at the upper back of my head), and what exact options of the regimen you follow? Are you careful to detangle and to rake conditioner/clay/gel through your hair from root to tip at each step (as best you can)? Also please specify whether you add any oils and especially any non-approved products to the mix, how much you add, and when? I can probably help you troubleshoot.

@All: Things haven't been that active around this site since last summer. When MHM started to take off, Pinkecube did her best and kept up with a lot of it but I think she got a bit overwhelmed. You're probably more likely to find her on the Facebook, Instagram, or her Youtube at this point, since this site's community got less active in general. Also, always check http://maxhydrationmethod.wordpress.com/ or http://msdeekay.com/
You also might consider talking to dubaidee4c, who I understand has been testing her own twists on the method (like adding milk or acv to the clay rinse according to your porosity).
mama dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mama dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2015 at 2:42pm
This has been working for me - I do love the definition but I have questions that I have not been able to get answered.  When I was relaxing my hair and also when I had a texturizer in I had shine.  In my natural state I have none.  I have decided to try oil washes to see if that will help with the shine and also with the itching.

My other issue is I color my hair - so I'm working to see which works better - before the clay or after.  I guess I am for all intents and purposes on my own.  lol  Thanks for the replies to my post Ladies.  Sorry this has not worked for you.
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 10:47pm
I wonder how many this is not working for that is not speaking up?? I'm sad for this!! I haven't had any thinning. I've never had shiny hair. My scalp get's a mildewy smell after about 4 days (never have prior to mHm) but I do have a skin condition that I'm sure aids to my mildew scalp. 

I still see this as a positive for my hair and even more so with the modified version which does not use baking soda or conditioner. Here's the link to the modified version.
 http://dubaidee4c.blogspot.com/2015/02/modified-mhm-update-ureka-why-heck-have.html

alsaxon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote alsaxon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2015 at 7:11pm

this method was very damaging to my hair. It did not feel so at first but after several treatments it became more and more noticeable until I discontinued the treatment. The 1st 2 or 3 treatments i got good curl definition, a little bit of bulk reduced and less shrinkage. I was happy except for my still was pretty dry. Fast forward several treatments later and I'm left with thin, dry, dull, frizzer hair, no curl definition at all. The straw that broke the camels back was when I did two strand twists and they were so thin and did not puff up. I normally love how think my twists are.  It was horrible.  I did not wear them out. I hate how much bulk was reduced in my hair by this treatment.  I haven't seen curls since the beginning treatments, it's like may hair is just there now. It's also an ugly shade of brown due to the baking soda. I just cut it last week because I want my old hair back. Damaging is probably a strong word to use, but it changed my hair dramatically and not for the better. I'm not a troll, I'm just reporting my experience. I posted on this board months ago when I was still excited about the treatment. 

Good luck to all

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 296>
  Share Topic