Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Bootiful Cream Reduces Cellulite and stretch marks
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 293>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
    Posted: Jan 25 2015 at 8:28pm
Just a little rant, this message is not to offend anyone..

Sooooooo I've been doing the MHM for 7 months and with a little tweeking I'm starting to see wonderful results. No drying, better curl definition, less frizz etc and good hair edges lol. Now my product of choice is Kinky Curly Custard, Aztec Bentonite Clay and Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In...Now here is the problem... well not so much a problem but its just letting me know how viral this method is getting. Went to Walgreen's today in Detroit to get the KCC and why was it 17.99.. I'm like WHAT!!!! as if 16.99 wasn't enough. So I'm like, I use enough of this stuff as it is and getting only 8 oz and 4 uses doing my hair every three days. So, I took one of my old jars and put about 1/4 cup or so of gel and filled it up with water and made a full jar. Mind you, I still got the slip and my hair is much shinier and full of body. I refuse to continue to keep buying KCC on the level I am with only 4 uses. But I'm afraid to try any other gel because I've had enough set backs trying to tweek the regimen for my hair. The second problem is when I first started the regimen I could go to WholeFoods, Vitamin Shoppe to purchase the clay...Why both stores have been out of stock for nearly a month. I'm like everybody cashing in on the MHM..Maybe its a coincidence or something but I cant get my hands on the stuff in Detroit. Anyway I remembered I had some Green French Clay at home and used that. OMG I'm glad I did because Green clay for my hair is much more moisturizing than the bentonite clay ijs..This has changed my hair so much.... my moisture levels have gone from 20% to about 50% in 4 washes. Finally, I love the MHM and i freaks out if I can't get my products.

Again, this message is really me just being silly and venting to all the fierce hair naturals because everyone I'm around still wear perms and don't get not having products because I've gone through the struggle for three years with this dry, nappy hot mess of some hair. some days good and others to bad to mention...So I just want to be able to get my products..LOL Peace and Love..

PS Im not sure how to post a message so I'm guessing this will post as a reply..
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc

this youtuber, https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

is the stylist in the video.

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given. this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this.

that's really messed up
i checked her video and it got over 70k views, and people want to go to her salon in Detroit
so she is making money off this and getting lots of attention

people really think it is her idea, look what one of the viewers said:

She just pulled that texture out of nowhere, JESUS CHRIST! She's a magician not a hair stylist that's what she is

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2015 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Bamagirl54 Bamagirl54 wrote:

I'm been on the MHM journey for 5 weeks. For clarity, how often should I been doing the regiment? I've done the regiment 15 times as of today. When should I see a noticeable difference in my curl pattern?

My hair is 4C. while on this journey, I've decided to do wash-n-go styles. I need a good botanical gel with a good hold for the climate I live in. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated suggestions to help me on this journey. 

You should be doing the regimen at least every 3 days. There isn't really a timeframe for when you will see curl pattern changes. It depends on how dehydrated your hair is initially. Some people see changes within the week. For others it takes months.

But you should notice other changes in your hair before then; softness, increased moisture, fewer tangles, etc.

I can't help with the gel since I don't wng.
Bamagirl54 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamagirl54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 11:29am
I'm been on the MHM journey for 5 weeks. For clarity, how often should I been doing the regiment? I've done the regiment 15 times as of today. When should I see a noticeable difference in my curl pattern?

My hair is 4C. while on this journey, I've decided to do wash-n-go styles. I need a good botanical gel with a good hold for the climate I live in. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated suggestions to help me on this journey. 
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2015 at 2:31pm
Dupe video?

The max hydration methods forbids the use of normal shampoos and the gels that she used. How is this a copy-cat of the MHM? 

DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2015 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Where did you buy it.
Hi. I got it at www.target.com..
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2015 at 5:07pm
Thanks for the tip. Where did you buy it.
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2015 at 7:06pm
ALIKAY HONEY AND SAGE DEEP CONDITIONER IT IS A KEEPER... IT LEFT MY HAIR SO SOFT...
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2014 at 8:59pm
Hello MHM'ers
I am looking for someone to dialog with through email or text or phone regarding this method.  Something like a workout buddy but, we will be hair buddies and a encouragement for each other.  I consider my hair to be 4C and it is short.  I started this method in August and am loving my results.  My email address is latonyaredfearn11@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.  I don't get to this site enough and just wanted to have a buddy.
LaTonya
NaturalInspiration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalInspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2014 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Originally posted by NaturalInspiration NaturalInspiration wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO

this youtuber,  https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured - https://www.youtube.com/user/<wbr>markquisha/featured

is the stylist in the video. 

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given.this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this. 

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add to what Pinke has said...if there is anything you want to do for MHM or Pinke please go and help direct people to her or to this forum. It is very frustrating that she has worked so hard in order to let more people know about this and a lot of youtubers simply ignored her or turned her down. The least that can be done is to give her the proper credit for all the wealth of information that she has provided. So PLEASE go show your support by leaving a comment on the video. Thanks everyone for your continued support and contribution to this forum and to MHM. I wish you all a wonderful MHM journey.

I know this is an old discussion but wasn't the term maximum hydration first used by aketafitgirl back in December 2012 and wasn't the method also lifter from her channel? So why does credit have to be given to pinkecube? In my opinion this technique is actually different from the MHM. She uses shampoo that suds, no Acv or clay. What is the problem here?

Hi Naturalinspiration: Regarding Aketafitgirl and MHM, watch her earlier videos. It is my understanding that she states clearly that she began her journey following the Curly Girl Method and the Handbook by Lorraine Massey who designed that practice for generally all curly hair types.  The CG method focuses on eliminating using harsh shampoos, silicone, sulfates, waxes and such, freguent washings and lots of conditioners, trimming and dusting, eliminating terry and more.  Many coily hair naturals started with the CG method and have sinced evolved and modified their practice. Yes MHM includes all of the above. However, MHM has been further developed, researched and promoted by Pinkecube with the assistance of Msdeekay,  <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">more specifically for the curly/coily 4a-4c, low porosity hair type. Pinkecube did further research and testing on additional ingredients that did not perform well on the type 4, low porosity hair type.  </span><span style="line-height: 1.4;"> Maximum Hydration (moisture) is a term used by many naturals to describe their hair goal and its state of being AND it is a method/practice used by MHMers to achieve a maximum hydration state of being for their hair.  Rachealcpr also started with the CG, as did danabnatural and they have each modified their practice to achieve more hydration and curl definition for the type 4 hair.  Rachealcpr has a video that gives credit to MHM and Pinkecube for the further development of a hair practice that can achieve a more tighter natural curl definition, maximum moisture retention and overall health for the curly/coily, low porosity, typically African type 4 hair. HTH   </span>

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have now spoken to pinkecube about this and my questions have been resolved. Of course she deserves credit for the amount of research that she has put into it, although I was initially saddened that aketafitgirl was mentioned but for me it was not clear that the main steps were taken from the routine that she does for her hair which took many trials and errors. But as I said, I am aware that she has directed people to her channel as with the rest of the girls she was inspired by and if not for her spreading the word, I and many others probably wouldn't have known about it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 293>