BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to get dye off of closure

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
kandegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get dye off of closure
    Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:57pm
I got dye on my closure and just bleached the lace again, like I did when bleaching the knots.
Took the dye right off!
Sponsored Links

toosexy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toosexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 7:50pm
try rit dye remover
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:49am
Honestly, I have no idea.  You could try searching the Walmart website??? 

Oh I see the product I had in mind is designed for stains on the skin, but it worked on silk for me, this is it:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/color-stain-remover/ION140,default,pd.html#start=3
designerjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designerjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:22am
It was a demi. Do you think I could find something like that at Walmart or a craft store? The closest Sally's is about 3 cities away.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:02am
It depends.. what kind of dye did you use?  Semi, Demi, permanent... it would make a difference.

If you used demi or permanent, Sally's has a color remover for fabric stains from dyeing hair that might work (since lace is a fabric), I used it once on a silk top and it helped; I cannot vouch for sure how it would work on lace, but it is worth a shot?  It's the Ion brand. 
designerjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designerjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 7:53am
I was attempting to "refresh" some Malaysian and a closure and got dye on the lace. Should I accept it as a loss or can I get the dye off?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic