Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Help! My braids are too tight!

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RiotGrrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiotGrrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! My braids are too tight!
    Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 11:52am
Okay so since I've posted this I was able to remedy the situation some by wetting my hair and I'm no longer in pain. I also found the most irritation came from the fact that she braided up my edges super tight. So when I wet the hair I used a rat tail to pull the edges out of the braid. The bumps at the nape of my neck appear to be gone now and I feel like i've remedied the situation. Would you still reccomend completely rebraiding though?
Sponsored Links

hair_dummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair_dummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 6:21pm
Pain relief really won't help you in the long run. You would be better off taking it down and having the braids redone. I know it is a lot of work to take your sew in down have your hair re-braided and then weave your hair up again. If you leave the braids in as tight as they are you will run the risk of having permanent hair loss. It's better to be safe (and pain free) than sorry. Good luck.
RiotGrrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiotGrrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 3:51pm
Oh my goodness I need some advice. In my journey to do my own sew in, I realized that I am just not that good a braider. So I went to a salon run by two experienced African braiders and had the girl do my hair. She did not listen to me. I told her it hurt, I told her I have a sensitive scalp and not to braid too tight but she didn't listen. I've never had my head feel so tight two days after getting a sew in. But I really don't want to take it down after all the work I put in to sewing on these tracks. Any advice on how to get some relief from these tight ass braids?!?!Dead
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic